From The Bay To The Reef

I've got loads of little white things crawlng on the glass front just above the sand bed, the same size as a small grain of sand, approx 1mm. And ideas?

Got some feather dusters too, and noticed last night some chap living in one the holes in the rock! Looks like a small, slightly elongated woodlouse with long antennae and slightly translucent greyish body. Any ideas?

i think the white things are copods. copods mean that your tank is healthy. if you can get a pic of that worm thing then i can help you. from what you have described it looks like somthing i have in my tank :good:

I finding my test results really weird. They have been totally stable around the pics posted previously.

When I bought the LR is was out of water for minimal time and the LFS has been curing it in their vats. I would have thought there was minimal die off.

Even when putting in the LS there was no ammonia spike.

So, I'm going to get a small portion of cuc. 3 narciuss, 3 cerith and a couple of red-legs at the weekend.

yer that happend with me the only thing that whent up was the nitrate for me. the nitrate whent up from 10 to 25 then i did a water change and it was 5 so i added my cuc. i was a bit scared when i added my cuc because your mind thinks how can rock be a filter. but then you remember all the stuff you have read about it.

Seffie wondered where you were! you keep these boards alive. Harry has been filling in for you.

Water change performed, levels checked (still stable)

The cuc is in.

Levels checked again. Still stable. :good:

First ones are in!

Orangeback
p4.jpg

and Purple Firefish with hammerhead
p3.jpg

Jumped straight into lps :) nice looking angel

Have seen a lot on the forums about upgrading to the maxi jet 1200.

Does the increased flow make the UV redundant?

Really nice LPS and angle....Ive got a feeling your tank is going to premo!

I'm not sure on the uv I've done some reading, as Im sure you have and I think it removes more good stuff than bad??? But Im not 100% on that so I have mine turned on. Would love for someone to put me straight on that.

CoMan

uvs are not very good but they are very good if you have a hospital tank :good: you dont have to have uvs, but you might as well have it on as you have one. but i think coman is right

the fish photos look well the orange back is a very handsome fish

what are your plans for further stocking?

Most reactions

Back