From The Bay To The Reef

Looks nice rock - how much did you get?

Make sure it is far enough away from the glass that you can get your magnet cleaner down there :good:

I like rock that is higher up, but that is just my taste, others like it lower - main point is do you like it :rolleyes:

Seffie x

ps turn your spray bar round a bit more so that is creating more turbulance :good:

At the mo there's 12kg, not including the rubble in the filter. Think it probably needs an extra 4-5.

It's hard to see but I tried to give space for the livestock to go through the stones, whilst still retaining plently of flat space for corals.

I might get some egg crate to raise it all up a notch or too.

Might have a re-arrange tomorrow - there's some really good right-angled pieces I've laid flat.

I had 17 in mine and it was just right :good:

Bet you change the scape at least another x 2 :lol:

Seffie x

Sweet! Looking good! I like your style. I changed my rocks around like 100 times!

You going live sand or regular? I went live sand personally but many people say it's a waist of cash. Totally your call.

Might have to upgrade it, might help with the clarity of the water.

I've got something to admit - I've been re-arranging my rock.

Sand - hmmm, dunno. Might go LS, after all in the grand scheme of things it's not much of an additional cost.

DS

Does anyone know what the power is at the stock return pump?

DS
I up graded to the eheim 1000, its loads better but not the major upgrade I was hoping! If I could do it again I would def go with the maxi jet 1200. I've had a look on the stock pump and it looks like it is 750lph, but cant be sure.

It seems to really struggle getting the water circulating. There seems to a dead zone at the top of chamber 4.

Has anyone else noticed this?

yeah man the stock pump is buckaroo! I would def change it...do you have a powerhead like a koralia in there? when I installed mine I found the water cleared up faster. But I had put in my live sand also and it was really murky! for about 24 hours

err, yes.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Hey, hey - me another 5 keys of rock!

Run out of epoxy - any other ideas for attaching?

I tested evry 48 hours but I know lots of people test every day.

More rock, thats great. cant wait to see the photos :good:

I didn't use anything to stick my rocks together

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back