From The Bay To The Reef

i haven't posted with any updates recently,

I've made a few additions and everything is looking pretty swell.

Enjoy...

Full tank shot
full.jpg

Fav
feather.jpg

looking good

I really do like that orange back. how is he with the polyps on your corals?

your scapinng is one of the best I have seen, once its over run with coraland algae it;ll look ace!! :good:

He's a lively one that's for sure. Probably the most dominant fish in the tank, but he's doesnt mess with the corals.

He has a bit of a dislike to the firefish, but he's canny enough to get away from him. Apart from that he's good as gold

yer i have to agree with simonas. you are very good with aqua scaping. i hope i can do the same when i upgrade, use putty to build more interesting scapes. did you drill the rock and use metal rods to hold the rock up or did you only use putty?

I tried not to mess too much with the rock - the lfs suggested using a drill and cable ties, but I decided against.

I gave the bottom rocks a solid base with at least three footings and then waited for these to cure.

Then looked for the next layer and looked for the touch points to the base layer and applied putty where they 'joined' and allowed to cure.

rinse and repeat until happy.

D&D is these best putty I found it stays pliable under water for longer and stays in this state for a good 15-20 mins. More than enough time.

So six monthish later???

Lovely blasto!
DSC00071.jpg

Bob my mandy...
DSC00053.jpg

Stunning little peacock wrasse...
DSC00067.jpg

and a rubbish fts...
DSC00073.jpg

Taking delivery of some excellent frags at the weekend, a black sun coral to match my sun. A four headed duncan and an elegance, trying to find a good looking ric yuma also!

Bob is looking very classy :good: and nice and chubby, you got a pod culture going? (sorry I cant remember!)

Seffie x

Bob has his own like culture tank care of reef phtyo.

He still loves his flake and frozen tho, just turn off 2 of the 3 powerheads which gives him a great chance to hoover up!

Thinking about robbing an idea from a nighttime 2007 totm from a reall well known english reef site.

Sun's, dendros etc - really stunning little tank.

Gonna look now!

Just ordered myself a cyanaria an a sun colony - all to arrive on tues!

my scallop and my green star! (rubbish camera phone)
Picture001-1.jpg

Feather stars are fasinating - how long have you had yours?

For anyone interested take a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-vF79ykbkY&feature=related and have a read of the blurb under the video, fasinating.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Donya is going to know loads about these creatures, Crinoids

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back