What are you doing today?

IMG_4998.jpeg

IMG_4999.jpeg

Tank updates 🤩🤩🤩

I transferred the floating plants and light to the SA tank for the the photo; I don’t have a light yet for that tank so I’m keeping most of the plants that will go in this one in tank #1.

Added two new fish to the community!
IMG_4992.jpeg

New Platy, now the largest in the tank
IMG_4996.jpeg

And a male Blackbar Limia I found by sheer luck in the feeder shipment! I got him because I have a female of the same species I bought a while back, but didn’t think about the fact that he’s about twice her size (I don’t think she’s sexually mature yet). He doesn’t seem to have noticed her yet; he mostly hangs around the platies instead. Hopefully I can try to spot-feed to get her to grow, she’s kinda the runt of the tank.

Edit: I don’t have a picture but in addition to the Limia, I also found a green swordtail. Thought @GaryE @emeraldking might find those cool

Last edited:
Plan to get the same light as on my other tank in a week or so when I’ve had my first paycheck. Then I can start really adding plants! I want Java ferns and a Tiger Lotus, and probably some duckweed to fill in the surface between the water lettuce, since I want the tank to be nice and shaded.

Your tanks are looking great @JackGulley ! The second one is coming along nicely, any livestock in it yet?
You ninja’d me!

Not yet. The original plan was an Apisto Agassizii (single male) and some beckfordi pencils. But after a) having a hard time finding apistogramma for sale locally, b) being around the rams at the store for 3 days straight, and c) also falling in love with the store’s panda cories and clown plecos, which an apisto would bully, I’m most likely going to get a few Bolivians instead. So that would make the full stocking:
2-4 Bolivian rams
8-10 panda cories
1 clown pleco
8-10 beckfordi pencils

But at the moment there’s nothing in the tank, which really trips out my brain after being around fish all day. I keep thinking every piece of debris is a pleco.

You ninja’d me!

Not yet. The original plan was an Apisto Agassizii (single male) and some beckfordi pencils. But after a) having a hard time finding apistogramma for sale locally, b) being around the rams at the store for 3 days straight, and c) also falling in love with the store’s panda cories and clown plecos, which an apisto would bully, I’m most likely going to get a few Bolivians instead. So that would make the full stocking:
2-4 Bolivian rams
8-10 panda cories
1 clown pleco
8-10 beckfordi pencils

But at the moment there’s nothing in the tank, which really trips out my brain after being around fish all day. I keep thinking every piece of debris is a pleco.

So you got the job at the fish store then! Nice one.

And panda corys are soooo cute, we have one in our tank which hangs around with the sterbais and the false Julie’s, it was all alone so we brought him home and he thankfully integrated with the pack lol

But yes, plants first and then fishies 👍🏻 bet you can’t wait lol

Plan to get the same light as on my other tank in a week or so when I’ve had my first paycheck. Then I can start really adding plants! I want Java ferns and a Tiger Lotus, and probably some duckweed to fill in the surface between the water lettuce, since I want the tank to be nice and shaded.
Plowing your check right back into the store . Your boss loves you .

Plowing your check right back into the store . Your boss loves you .
Lol I’m actually not. We only sell the high-end fluval lights, which would be $120 for this tank size. I don’t really need bells and whistles like an app, so I’m gonna just get another Aqueon light from petsmart (same as the one I already have), which is $50 with dad’s employee discount.

Lol I’m actually not. We only sell the high-end fluval lights, which would be $120 for this tank size. I don’t really need bells and whistles like an app, so I’m gonna just get another Aqueon light from petsmart (same as the one I already have), which is $50 with dad’s employee discount.
I agree . Most aquarium lighting is too expensive . Light is light and the fixture doesn’t seem to make much difference . @PheonixKingZ got me using ordinary desk lamps and they work great . Tall floor lamps with flexible necks work good for bigger aquarium’s .

I did some truly outstanding work (if I may say so) in the "Trolling Scammers" line. Kept the person rolling for several hours, gradually ramping up the silliness factor until it seemed like the conversation had gone about as far as it wanted to go.

Currently smoking a leg of lamb for supper.

Most reactions

Back