What are you doing today?

Currently falling in love with a tiretrack eel.
IMG_4982.jpeg

It shakes the feeders around like an alligator.

Yeah we have a specific option if you’re part-time to just get paid in store credit, which skips income taxes. 🤷‍♂️Questionably legal and I personally don’t want to touch it but I understand the motive 😂. So far I’ve brought home a piece of driftwood, some big water lettuce, a Platy, and a surprise male Blackbar Limia that I found in the feeder tank! So now my remaining female has a companion. Although I think she’s too small to reproduce yet, he’s about twice her size 😳
Paid in store credit ? Legal or not I would jump on that deal like a German Shepherd but that’s just me .

Beats the good old days when you traded a car at 50,000 miles because that was a lot of miles .
I have over a million on my 1975 chevy pickup, I think. I've put 500,000 on it., first engine about 300,000 miles in, 2nd engine about 50,000 miles later, depends on where you get the engine. Transmission after the 2nd engine because my son-in-law didn't quite get some bolts in right on the bell housing and I dropped the trans on the highway but this was 2012 I think and parts getting scarce so I had it rebuilt.
work trucks take abuse, new models are plastic. I won't touch one. The 2005 should go past 300,000 miles but when I lose that engine I will likely lose the trans as well and just junk it, they don't make them like they used to. I did remove the AC from the 75, the cooling system isn't built to support it in that model in Texas heat. so it's a fair weather truck

Last edited:
I have over a million on my 1975 chevy pickup, I think. I've put 500,000 on it., first engine about 300,000 miles in, 2nd engine about 50,000 miles later, depends on where you get the engine. Transmission after the 2nd engine because my son-in-law didn't quite get some bolts in right on the bell housing and I dropped the trans on the highway but this was 2012 I think and parts getting scarce so I had it rebuilt.
work trucks take abuse, new models are plastic. I won't touch one. The 2005 should go past 300,000 miles but when I lose that engine I will likely use the trans as well and just junk it, they don't make them like they used to. I did remove the AC from the 75, the cooling system isn't built to support it in that model in Texas heat. so it's a fair weather truck
A million miles. That’s twice to the moon and back! You go girl!

Well after a 1 drive to long island, I came back with no truck. Guy just realized this morning that he never got the lien officially removed from his truck. Once thats sorted I'll be going back. He says he'll meet me halfway. He was pretty apologetic, but it still sucks.

Well after a 1 drive to long island, I came back with no truck. Guy just realized this morning that he never got the lien officially removed from his truck. Once thats sorted I'll be going back. He says he'll meet me halfway. He was pretty apologetic, but it still sucks.
My daughter rented a tundra to drive to washington state last week and got 8 miles a gallon pulling a trailer. She says her 4Runner gets about the same, without the trailer. I get 16 in my 2005 chevy silverado pickup, you might shop around if you drive much

My daughter rented a tundra to drive to washington state last week and got 8 miles a gallon pulling a trailer. She says her 4Runner gets about the same, without the trailer. I get 16 in my 2005 chevy silverado pickup, you might shop around if you drive much
Good grief . Eight miles to the gallon at $3.50 a gallon . That has to hurt !

I've heard that. I'm hoping to get at least 15. If it ends up being too expensive, I'll just sell it. I know I can get at least 10k for it in good condition.

Most reactions

Back