What are you doing today?

I'm mostly retired and haven't trainedstudents for TOEFL tests for a long time. Other competing tests have moved in, and my students deal with them. I only have one Brazilian this term.

Did my periodic maintenance on my reverse osmosis unit today . New sediment and carbon pre-filters . New post filter . The membrane is due for replacement June 1st but my water is still coming out at 3 PPM TDS . My water tastes clean and refreshing .

Had a Game and Fish biologist bring a great horned owl over to meet the kids today. The owl's name is Jupiter. In this picture, he is evaluating a group of fourth graders, trying to determine which ones might be the most tender and juicy.

Owl.jpg

Had a Game and Fish biologist bring a great horned owl over to meet the kids today. The owl's name is Jupiter. In this picture, he is evaluating a group of fourth graders, trying to determine which ones might be the most tender and juicy.

View attachment 338257
Who . . . who . . . who . . . who

We had one on a course I did called Barry the B**turd. No prizes for guessing why he got that name! Not at all like the little barn owls who were so cute, I couldn’t get them off me they were so keen for a cuddle. However my favourites were the vultures. An under-rated bird.

View attachment 338257
I LOVE Horned Owls! One was in a large pine tree in the back yard of a house I rented in Florida a lot If he looks angry it is only due to the fact that he was. ;) I don't think he liked his photo taken as the following shot is right after he got back to the branch after dive bombing me.
hornedowl5-cropped.jpg

Latest Omaha order arrive today, a day early which is good as I was out of food and figured to get Chinese from across the street. So the most major thing I did today was to organize what I got.

Anyway this order's free item was 6 Philly Cheese Steaks. I was expecting sandwiches but but it is just a package of six four ounce layers of super thin sliced sirloin. This is even better as I always have some sort of rolls, onion, cheese and bell peppers. With just getting the meat I can make my own as I want. Boils down to my freebie being a pound and a half of sirloin. :) As soon as it thaws enough to separate I'll re-pack to three or six vacuum bags of one or two layers each and toss back in my freezer. Each layer is 1/4 pound so I'll have to get them apart to see if each layer will be enough for a sandwich or it it will take two. Either way it was free.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Well, turns out it's not worth saving the engine of the car. I took everything apart, and the head is warped significantly. I could get is machined down and pressure tested etc for about $500, or I could get a used low-mileage engine for $500. Guess which option I'm going with?

Well, turns out it's not worth saving the engine of the car. I took everything apart, and the head is warped significantly. I could get is machined down and pressure tested etc for about $500, or I could get a used low-mileage engine for $500. Guess which option I'm going with?
Smart move. :) Also, with warped heads, I would not be surprised if the head gaskets were blown likely scorching the block.

Sounds like in the end you got yourself a good deal… what was the cost of the car?

Most reactions

Back