What are you doing today?

'junk yard' are big business now, corporately owned -all parts are online
as the late models are bought at auction- torn apart and bits placed on racks with guys working piecework bringing up the parts you ordered to the front desk. Some mom and pop salvage yards exist but not many.

I spent all day catching and bagging fish. I had sold 142 plecos and I had to prep some tanks for the buyer to catch their fish. That mean sall decor out, water lowerd and when he arrived there was nothing but fish, filters and heaters plus fish in the tank. Then the filter were removed and the thermometers unplugged and raised above the surface, Plecos love to hide anywhere they can.

This was combined buy for two people. I had to catch and bag and box 42 fish for the pick-up person to drop at the airport om their way home as those fish were being sent to another person. This was the biggest single sale I have ever done. It was enough to buy a cheap used car. They got an excellent price though. I gave them prices comensurate with the Asian or Chinese fish farms.

As a result of the sale I am able to close down 5 more tanks (one was only a temporary tank though). I have already closed down the 125. I may have a buyer for my Altum angels and the 150 fish- the clowns and reline barbs. I also may have a buyer for all the plecos in another tank.

As of today I have only one breeding group of plecos remaining. But I also have another 125 offspring and the breeding group to sell. About 40 of them are recent fry. *sigh*

Practicing for Art Battle regional championships tomorrow 😱

I may be ✨supposed✨ to be resting, but I’m not a quitter and will be competing tomorrow for the chance at nationals if anyone wants to register online to watch the livestream and vote please do!

I got my neck brace upgraded to a halo vest today, it’s definitely helpful and will hopefully reduce the risk of something happening during the competition tomorrow.
27EC41D2-5D08-49D2-809F-246479F4B755.jpeg
B85EA897-7093-4E1C-A08E-4BD9A31B06F9.jpeg

Here’s the link to sign up for voting- https://artbattle.com/events/ab2631-seattle/

If anyone wants to know what Art Battle is, here is a short video explaining it! It’s like Iron Chef, but painting.

I won locals, now I’m back for regionals. If I win, it’ll be nationals and then internationals!

I'm impressed that you can get a known good engine for that price. I would expect more like 1500
They range quite a bit.
The one I'm looking at has 100k miles which is nothing for an m54b25 engine. If you take care of it many people reach 500k.
Salvage yards are the way to go.
You just want to make sure that the car it came off of was not in a head on collision.
The one I'm hoping to get was side swiped. They also come with a warranty which is a nice thing.

Practicing for Art Battle regional championships tomorrow 😱

I may be ✨supposed✨ to be resting, but I’m not a quitter and will be competing tomorrow for the chance at nationals if anyone wants to register online to watch the livestream and vote please do!

I got my neck brace upgraded to a halo vest today, it’s definitely helpful and will hopefully reduce the risk of something happening during the competition tomorrow. View attachment 338324View attachment 338325

Here’s the link to sign up for voting- https://artbattle.com/events/ab2631-seattle/

If anyone wants to know what Art Battle is, here is a short video explaining it! It’s like Iron Chef, but painting.

I won locals, now I’m back for regionals. If I win, it’ll be nationals and then internationals!
As neck braces go, that is quite stylish. Good luck on the art comp! Be safe and have fun. :)

I dont think you can vote until after the artworks have been finished.

Most reactions

Back