What are you doing today?

Actually I DID look at some Brother products but Dymo had much better reviews. After all, if I'm not mistaken, they were the first to put out such a device with the rotary wheel thing that you selected one letter at a time and pressed a trigger to emboss the letter to the tape. Actually they still put out such items but was not what I wanted.

Soooo, for today... Staying with the label maker I wasn't happy with just black text on white especially with my spice rack which has 20 jars; 5 with white lids and 15 with black lids. I guess that someone thought that having the 5 white lids would be good for easily finding your favorites. :dunno: Since I got the thing I've been looking for white text on a black label and finally found today and ordered. Sure, as to function the black on white worked fine but I like things to look nice and the white labels on the black lids just was not something I liked.

Other thing I did today was to finish my 'open' kitchen wall. Previously I had another wall hanging that I actually like more but I made the mistake of using Velcro Command Strip hangers and they didn't hold. When the thing fell it busted the frame and I've given up trying to put back together. Replacement is now up and mounted with a hook. It is just a bunch of words that equate to food done on canvas. I will say that, when I ran the photo department at a local Walgreen's we did a better canvas framing but this is fine. The wood cutting board under the canvas is a cheese board. The cheese board and utensils have been there for years.
new kitchen wall hang.jpg

Being a happy camper. :) I love the old game Plants vs Zombies but it won't work on my main system with Windows 11. Just found a remake of it on Steam that works fine. :) Also got 2 other Plants vs Zombies; Battle for Neighborville and Garden Warfare 2 for a combined total of $13.11 USD. :)
Somebody had update Johnny Castaway screensaver but I think I lost it in an HD crash

Just what you need first thing on a Saturday morning - I put some washing in the washing machine, reached into the cupboard under the sink for the washing liquid and the bottle was wet. There were two puddles in the cupboard, one on each shelf. The screw holding the waste pipe in place had sheared. We hadn't noticed as we have in insert in the plug hole to catch any bits. My husband was on his way out shopping as I made this discovery so I told him to come straight back as we needed to buy a replacement. A bit of research on-line found that Wickes a few miles away had them in stock so once husband returned off we went, collecting our son on the way. Between us, our son and I removed the old one and fitted the new - while my husband sat in another room playing the violin. Then came the long task of cleaning the inside of the cupboard and everything that was in the cupboard before putting it all back. It's amazing just how much worktop the contents of an under sink cupboard can cover.

Just what you need first thing on a Saturday morning - I put some washing in the washing machine, reached into the cupboard under the sink for the washing liquid and the bottle was wet. There were two puddles in the cupboard, one on each shelf. The screw holding the waste pipe in place had sheared. We hadn't noticed as we have in insert in the plug hole to catch any bits. My husband was on his way out shopping as I made this discovery so I told him to come straight back as we needed to buy a replacement. A bit of research on-line found that Wickes a few miles away had them in stock so once husband returned off we went, collecting our son on the way. Between us, our son and I removed the old one and fitted the new - while my husband sat in another room playing the violin. Then came the long task of cleaning the inside of the cupboard and everything that was in the cupboard before putting it all back. It's amazing just how much worktop the contents of an under sink cupboard can cover.
Under our sink there are things we use all the time, and then loads of things we need only every now and then. It's easy to forget how much stuff we have piled under there LOL. Glad you got it fixed. I am not a fan of those uninvited opportunities for home repair...

Today I did some work with a friend, then changed the water on my 3 tanks- 75 gallon first- this change was off schedule but I left the dadgum "IN" valve shut off for 2 days. I did 20 gallons there, vacuuming some hair algae and plant bits as I went.

Then did my quarantine tank where I have 12 juvenile angelfish. I filled a 5 gallon bucket at the sink while I was prepping to siphon out the tank because my faucet is pretty slow. Once I got the water out, I walked around and did a few things. Then I came back and put the bucket of water in. IT WAS THE BUCKET OF WATER I HAD JUST REMOVED.

I think Covid is still messing with my head LOL. Luckily the water parameters are fine- I was just trying to stay ahead of the game. Forget it, I'll change it again tomorrow...

I just finished watching the movie BECKY. It was like Home Alone but on steroids. Lots of gore and realistic bloody scenes. If you like this kind of stuff, give it a watch. It's on Prime Video rental, VUDU and on Showtime.

Last edited:
Up early and still flabbergasted by last nights Svengoolie showing of “The Night Walker” . What was hinted at as being a supernatural horror film turned out to be a murder mystery with a lot of intrigue thrown in . An excellent evening’s entertainment .

Currently doing water changes on my 6ft and 9ft tank then contempkating whether to ruin my life by watching my beloved man utd get spanked by Liverpool later

@Back in the fold @Fishmanic I don't do horror movies. Real life is scary enough for me, thanks. :lol: I just watched the trailer for Becky. Doubt I'll watch it, as I'm not really into watching blood and guts, but it looks like a fun story.

I got a ton of work done yesterday, so hopefully today I'll get to relax a bit. Bible study, a water change on the 150g, a nap, a trail run, and maybe a little work on the new bow are in the works.

Most reactions

Back