What are you doing today?

Well, I can't get out in the garage at the moment; more just thinking about it. It isn't the big main gasket that's leaking; it's somewhere up around the intake/outlet quick release valve. I need to fire it up and figure out exactly where the leak is, then replace the gasket or find the crack in the plastic.

Have you tried JB Weld , WD-40 , duct tape , Flex-Seal or a My Pillow ?
Or mayhaps take the easy way out and just hire a plumber fish...

plumbing fish.jpg

Being a happy camper. :) I love the old game Plants vs Zombies but it won't work on my main system with Windows 11. Just found a remake of it on Steam that works fine. :) Also got 2 other Plants vs Zombies; Battle for Neighborville and Garden Warfare 2 for a combined total of $13.11 USD. :)

Last edited:
Just taken a sicky from work which I never do as feel like crap but after a sleep I will go to Pier aquatics in Wigan and pick up the three small kelberi peacock bass I paid for yesterday

My 1.5 volt Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries just showed up for my Dymo label maker. As a reminder normal 1.2 rechargeable batters will not power the unit. I am now impatiently waiting for them to fully charge before trying.

I've never seen batteries like this before. They actually have a micro USB port on the positive end for charging. Each pair of batteries has the charging cable and the cables are split so two batteries can be charged at the same time. Also the charge indicator is an LED, I guess it is LED, ring on the positive end that flashes when charging and turns solid when fully charged. LOL! Right now they look like green Christmas tree lights flashing green. ;) Happily my 7 port powered USB hub that I use for my micro computer and a light strip still had 2 open ports which is what I needed to charge the 4 batteries. I have open front USB ports that I could have used on my main system but call me paranoid in that I'd rather charge off of a powered hub than my home built expensive computer. Shoot, just my video card was over $1100.00 USD. Also the hub is USB3 and the open ports on the computer are USB2. Since USB3 puts out more power it should do a quicker job of charging. I just hope that they properly power the label maker. One definite advantage to lithium ion batteries is that Ni-cad gradually lose voltage as they discharge while lithium ion maintain the same voltage until almost fully discharged.

What will they think of next? :dunno:
1.5 volt rechargeable.JPG

<edit to tell results>
New batteries did fine in the label maker. Just did 7 labels without issue when the 1.2 volt rechargeables would not even do 1 without stopping with a low battery alert.

Last edited:
A label maker does not use much power. Regular alkaline batteries would probably last for years.
I also have a battery powered adding machine with paper tape output. The batteries last for years as well unless you use it daily.

Now I'm an even happier camper playing with my label printer and watching NFL! Now that I have enough battery power to play with my new label printer I downloaded the full manual. The thing is really cool! I can print 2-line labels such as "Red Pepper Flakes" which would be too long for the spice jar lids. Can also change fonts and do things such as putting borders on the labels. LOL! I guess I'll be re-doing labels. ;) The thing is actually a real thermal printer... at least I THINK it is thermal... and puts out really nice print quality. I've just started getting into the features and already consider the $40.00 price tag pretty cheap. :)

Always love playing with a new toy. I could have gone cheaper as I paid $40.00 USD for this thing but I have several other uses then just spice labels. ;) LOL! If I ever enter my rope fish in a fish of the month contest don't be surprised of the entry sign is a label stuck on the tank.. This thing is kind of fun. :)

dymo.jpg

The validation photo for the contests must be handwritten.;)

A label maker does not use much power. Regular alkaline batteries would probably last for years.
I also have a battery powered adding machine with paper tape output. The batteries last for years as well unless you use it daily.
I'm a bit of a tree huger even though not to an extreme level. I prefer to use rechargeable batteries as to many regular batteries end up in land fill dumps and hurt the ecology.

Most reactions

Back