What are you doing today?

@Back in the fold @Fishmanic I don't do horror movies. Real life is scary enough for me, thanks. :lol: I just watched the trailer for Becky. Doubt I'll watch it, as I'm not really into watching blood and guts, but it looks like a fun story.

I got a ton of work done yesterday, so hopefully today I'll get to relax a bit. Bible study, a water change on the 150g, a nap, a trail run, and maybe a little work on the new bow are in the works.
I don’t do slasher and gore type horror . That kind of thing is as much garbage for your mind as Twinkies is garbage for your body . I like the classic monsters and cheesy horror . Give me Godzilla and Frankenstein any day .
A trail run you say ? I am intrigued . How far ? How fast ?

A trail run you say ? I am intrigued . How far ? How fast ?
Trail running is high on my list of favorite things to do. Right now I'm not in my best shape, so I've been doing about 2 miles in about half an hour. For road races, I can usually manage around 8 minute miles; trail running is slower but a lot more fun.

I didn't get to do any running last summer because we were traveling and doing house projects all summer. I'm hoping to work up to an 11 mile mountain race in June. I did it a couple years ago and it was really fun. Being in that kind of shape for elk hunting season was pretty great, too. 👟

Trail running is high on my list of favorite things to do. Right now I'm not in my best shape, so I've been doing about 2 miles in about half an hour. For road races, I can usually manage around 8 minute miles; trail running is slower but a lot more fun.

I didn't get to do any running last summer because we were traveling and doing house projects all summer. I'm hoping to work up to an 11 mile mountain race in June. I did it a couple years ago and it was really fun. Being in that kind of shape for elk hunting season was pretty great, too. 👟
That is both cool and awesome Man ! Trail running is fun . I did the Bighorn Mountain 50 mile trail run in June 1998 . It’s not as far as you think because you’re really not running so fast . I started at dawn and finished before dusk . You run a bit and walk a bit and it’s not very different than hunting in the effort put forth .

@WhistlingBadger If at all possible apply for entry in The Bighorn Mountain Wild & Scenic Trail Run . It is billed as being 50 miles but I think that’s an approximation . It starts at Burgess Junction and finishes at Dayton , Wyoming . It is run during mid June so the days are long . They have guys with horses and pack horses do the aid stations . You can send dry clothes and extra shoes ahead to whichever aid station you pick . I ran in something like 14 or 15 hours which is between 3 and 4 miles per hour . Less than two miles are on pavement and it runs through the prettiest mountain country , with alpine meadows , that you can think of . Think about it this way . You have probably backpacked 20 miles in a day with all your gear so this is WAY easier . A young buck like you can do it ! 25 years ago I was 42 years old so you can do it being the youngster that you are .

@WhistlingBadger If at all possible apply for entry in The Bighorn Mountain Wild & Scenic Trail Run . It is billed as being 50 miles but I think that’s an approximation . It starts at Burgess Junction and finishes at Dayton , Wyoming . It is run during mid June so the days are long . They have guys with horses and pack horses do the aid stations . You can send dry clothes and extra shoes ahead to whichever aid station you pick . I ran in something like 14 or 15 hours which is between 3 and 4 miles per hour . Less than two miles are on pavement and it runs through the prettiest mountain country , with alpine meadows , that you can think of . Think about it this way . You have probably backpacked 20 miles in a day with all your gear so this is WAY easier . A young buck like you can do it ! 25 years ago I was 42 years old so you can do it being the youngster that you are .
Well, I'm not going to come right out and say how old I am. :lol: But I'll give you a hint: I might could have done it ten years ago, too. ha ha

Seriously, though, I would love to do the Bighorn 50. My body seems to have a limit of about 13-14 miles. Any further than that, even just in training, and I start getting injuries. I always wanted to do an ultra, but I'm afraid I'm limited to 10ks and half marathons.

I did do a couple of 20 mile backpack days, when I was in my 20s. They hurt. Quite a lot. Now? I wouldn't try it unless it were an emergency.

Well, I'm not going to come right out and say how old I am. :lol: But I'll give you a hint: I might could have done it ten years ago, too. ha ha

Seriously, though, I would love to do the Bighorn 50. My body seems to have a limit of about 13-14 miles. Any further than that, even just in training, and I start getting injuries. I always wanted to do an ultra, but I'm afraid I'm limited to 10ks and half marathons.

I did do a couple of 20 mile backpack days, when I was in my 20s. They hurt. Quite a lot. Now? I wouldn't try it unless it were an emergency.
What a wuss! I'm 69 and could do 50 miles without breaking a sweat. Just open the door, get in, turn the key, car starts and off I go. See, easy breezy! ;) :banana:

I get a lot of exercise. Every single day, I do 240 steps on a staircase. I have 12 steps on the staircase going from the basement to the kitchen. I do 10 round trips a day from the tv recliner in the basement to the kitchen fridge. Beat that!

I get a lot of exercise every single day. I do 240 steps on a staircase a day. I have 12 steps on the staircase going from the basement to the kitchen. I do 10 round trips a day from the tv recliner in the basement to the kitchen fridge. Beat that!
What’s Rocky Balboa got that you don’t got ?

See ? There you go . Nothing to it !
Sometimes it is almost sad what we used to be able to but no longer. Shoot, back in the day I used to do 40-50 miles on a bicycle (10 speed) 3-4 times a week. Now I'm really pushing it to do 10 miles once in a rare while. ;) LOL! Once I actually got pulled over by a cop for doing something like 42 in a 35 MPH zone. He said he'd give me a ticket but he would get laughed off the force. He was really just messing with me and wanted to see what kind of bike I had that I could do that. It was just an every day 10 speed Huffy. Of course, at that time, I had 26 inch thighs and could do leg presses with 530 pounds in sets of 10 all day long. I weighed ~170 pounds. In my younger days I was kind of a beast.

Sometimes it is almost sad what we used to be able to but no longer. Shoot, back in the day I used to do 40-50 miles on a bicycle (10 speed) 3-4 times a week. Now I'm really pushing it to do 10 miles once in a rare while. ;) LOL! Once I actually got pulled over by a cop for doing something like 42 in a 35 MPH zone. He said he'd give me a ticket but he would get laughed off the force. He was really just messing with me and wanted to see what kind of bike I had that I could do that. It was just an every day 10 speed Huffy. Of course, at that time, I had 26 inch thighs and could do leg presses with 530 pounds in sets of 10 all day long. I weighed ~170 pounds. In my younger days I was kind of a beast.
That’s awesome Man ! I love guys that are out of control like that .

Got a new guitar today.
Córdoba C7.
COOL! Is that acoustic or electric? LOL! Too lazy to look it up. ;) I don't play, was a drummer instead, but still wish I had gotten my mom's old axe. Sadly some obscure cousin convinced her during a bad dementia time that he should have it and she gave it to him. It was/is an original 1954 Gibson Les Paul Blond TV model. If in the same condition as I last saw it is worth over $16,000.00 USD. My father got it for her when I was born. It is actually pretty rare as it was a limited production. It was technically another model that was white but I can't remember the model name right now. The reason that it was a limited production is that the original model was white which really didn't work well on old B&W TVs. Gibson made a limited number of the same model in a blonde color to work better in B&W.

Another odd thing with B&W is actually about Star Trek. Initially Spock was red skinned but on B&W TVs appeared black with the red tint. They changed him to a copper based green tint. To be honest I've never noticed the green tint with Spock but it is supposed to be there. :dunno:

Most reactions

Back