What are you doing today?

Currently I'm being thrilled. Clyde, my rope fish, came out of hiding! :) I mean it is rather common to not see him for a couple of days as they are largely nocturnal but I haven't seen for close to 2 weeks. Oddly the time frame is right around when my LED tank lights messed up. I didn't really know whether to be really concerned or not. Meal worms which are his primary food disappeared over night so I figured that he was still there but I still was getting really worried and about to get out my endoscope to look for him.

Then, this evening, he just came out in force being happy and flip flopping all over the tank. I THINK that my original LED light for the tank starting to fail and lightly flickering MAY have messed with his eyes as their sight is poor yet sensitive. Before I cut the lights and replaced he MAY have been thrown into a stress situation in relation to sight.

Anyway... With the new lights he seems to be back out and looks happy. LOL, from his body look he has not suffered from a lack of eating. ;) Sigh, I really DO need to get rid of the colored substrate. It is just such a pain to break down and replace.

The pic is about half an hour ago. I can't see any issue and am happy. :)

missing rope.jpg

Currently I'm being thrilled. Clyde, my rope fish, came out of hiding! :) I mean it is rather common to not see him for a couple of days as they are largely nocturnal but I haven't seen for close to 2 weeks. Oddly the time frame is right around when my LED tank lights messed up. I didn't really know whether to be really concerned or not. Meal worms which are his primary food disappeared over night so I figured that he was still there but I still was getting really worried and about to get out my endoscope to look for him.

Then, this evening, he just came out in force being happy and flip flopping all over the tank. I THINK that my original LED light for the tank starting to fail and lightly flickering MAY have messed with his eyes as their sight is poor yet sensitive. Before I cut the lights and replaced he MAY have been thrown into a stress situation in relation to sight.

Anyway... With the new lights he seems to be back out and looks happy. LOL, from his body look he has not suffered from a lack of eating. ;) Sigh, I really DO need to get rid of the colored substrate. It is just such a pain to break down and replace.

The pic is about half an hour ago. I can't see any issue and am happy. :)

View attachment 332338
Friends don't let friends use clown puke gravel. We might have to stage an intervention.

@jaylach Clyde the Ropefish is pretty cool .
Ya, I like him. He is my 'mini sea serpent'. They are escape artists though. Haven't had real escape issues with this one though although he does, at times, has to be dug out of the pump chamber for the tank. If they do get out of a tank it is surprising how long they can survive. They have lungs to supplement their gills. In nature they tend to live in low oxygen water hence the lungs. Clyde is about 7.5 inches long.

Friends don't let friends use clown puke gravel. We might have to stage an intervention.
Ya, I know and I hate the gravel. That is a major reason for my wanting to replace with river pebbles come spring time.

Let’s drop all the hoity-toityness and everybody who secretly wants a cool aquarium with colored gravel , plastic plants and a bubbling pirates chest with a lid that’s air actuated raise their hand along with me . Add a green or purple light , a wall of bubbles air stone and a bunch of common guppies and we have modern art !

@jaylach “Mini Sea Serpent“ I like that and it sure does fit . Clyde might be a distant cousin of Nessie .
LOL! He definitely has some sea serpent in him. Even the dorsal fin fits being a series of ridges instead of a solid fin. While not Clyde, this is what I mean. And they are happy fish always having a smile on their face. ;)

rope.jpg

Put Mr bluerami to rest in an anthurium potted plant. Developed dropsy and passed after a couple of days of ups and downs.

went to mass, and pondered church things.

Cleaned small tank, placed new plant there as "quarantine" until my son decides what other fish he might want it jt.

Pondered life, cleaned bigger tank, rearranged floaters, sat down to look at the fishies enjoy their new digs and enjoy food after a couple of days of fasting them. First time I saw neons go all the way down to nibble at wafers meant for cories and ottos.

May go ice skating.

Attachments

• 20231210_150702.jpg
    20231210_150702.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 13
LOL! He definitely has some sea serpent in him. Even the dorsal fin fits being a series of ridges instead of a solid fin. While not Clyde, this is what I mean. And they are happy fish always having a smile on their face. ;)

View attachment 332355
Here be monsters

More shopping and figuring today...

First I ordered some true 1.5 volt rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries for my new label printer as the normal 1.2 volt rechargeable won't power the thing.. Including USB charging cables they were only $17.09 USD which isn't bad at all.

Now I'm trying to decide which plates to use on my table. In either case they are mostly decorative and won't actually be used much. I think I'm leaning toward the clear glass to better go with the glasses.
IMG_0363.JPG

There is a place in the world for clown puke gravel. I don't have it in my tanks, but still like it. I see a tank in my future with clown puke gravel, a clam that opens and closes with water, a diver, Sponge Bob pineapple, a ship broken in half, a "No Fishing" sign.....hmmm what else?

More shopping and figuring today...

First I ordered some true 1.5 volt rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries for my new label printer as the normal 1.2 volt rechargeable won't power the thing.. Including USB charging cables they were only $17.09 USD which isn't bad at all.

Now I'm trying to decide which plates to use on my table. In either case they are mostly decorative and won't actually be used much. I think I'm leaning toward the clear glass to better go with the glasses.
View attachment 332375
I like those white plates with the hand-made looking lip.

Most reactions

Back