What are you doing today?

Same old , same old . Contemplating my navel and solving the world’s problems .
About time somebody did. Me and Mrs. Badger solved them all years ago, but nobody will listen to us.

I played around with my new tank ( see my journal for the fiasco) and, speaking of fiascos, I watched the Falcons FINALLY win more than one game in a row. It was as ugly a win as you can get, but it's a win, and I need that after UGA last night (kind of felt that coming, though).

I have found that I can see my TV in the reflection of the new tank, so as bad plays happen, I have the peaceful scene already in front of me. :cool:

Got me a free spice rack! :) :banana: As some here may know I like to cook. I didn't have a spice rack and always had to dig through a cupboard for spices. On the one wall where I could hang a rack I can't due to how I decorated.

May seem strange but I'm thrilled to get this freebee. It is a tabletop rack with 20 jars and each jar has an inner lid with holes for 'shaking' spices. Five of the jars have white lids which will be used for the most used spices which will probably be garlic powder, basil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and sage. The other fifteen jars have black lids. No idea as to really why they are different and don't care. ;) I DID mess up by using a sharpie on the white lids to label instead of a label maker but the label maker stickers will cover.

Here is the spice rack. The finish is brushed aluminum and it spins like a 'Lazy Susan' and will replace my coffee maker on a counter next to my stove that I haven't used in at least two years. The second image is the only wall I could put a wall rack but can't due to the decorations. None of the stuff on the wall is intended for use but I like it. ;)

This is the freebee spice rack.
IMG_0320.JPG

Why I can't do a wall mounted rack...
IMG_0330.JPG

Got me a free spice rack! :) :banana: As some here may know I like to cook. I didn't have a spice rack and always had to dig through a cupboard for spices. On the one wall where I could hang a rack I can't due to how I decorated.

May seem strange but I'm thrilled to get this freebee. It is a tabletop rack with 20 jars and each jar has an inner lid with holes for 'shaking' spices. Five of the jars have white lids which will be used for the most used spices which will probably be garlic powder, basil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and sage. The other fifteen jars have black lids. No idea as to really why they are different and don't care. ;) I DID mess up by using a sharpie on the white lids to label instead of a label maker but the label maker stickers will cover.

Here is the spice rack. The finish is brushed aluminum and it spins like a 'Lazy Susan' and will replace my coffee maker on a counter next to my stove that I haven't used in at least two years. The second image is the only wall I could put a wall rack but can't due to the decorations. None of the stuff on the wall is intended for use but I like it. ;)

This is the freebee spice rack.
View attachment 331965

Why I can't do a wall mounted rack...
View attachment 331966
Nice! You can usually remove sharpie marker with rubbing alcohol.

And being a schoolteacher is how you know this ?
Yes! I learned it by accident, using alcohol to sanitize some donated recorders that had kids' names written on them. Takes sharpie right off most non-porous surfaces! It's a handy thing to know.

Yes! I learned it by accident, using alcohol to sanitize some donated recorders that had kids' names written on them. Takes sharpie right off most non-porous surfaces! It's a handy thing to know.
Your story you tell it . It wasn’t “Mr. Badger is a fink” remarks that had to be scrubbed off ? LOL !

Looks like it is my lucky week. :) I've been looking forever for a specific one quart freezer bag with zero luck. Today I found and they will be here Saturday. :)

What is so specific is that they are vacuum bags that use a sort of wide opening reverse small bicycle pump and can be washed and re-used unlike the electric thermal bag sealers.

I finally got smart and quit including 'Ziploc', the maker of the pump and original bags, in my searches and a product by 'FoodSaver' came right up that looks like the same thing. I couldn't even find the things on Ziploc's site; they probably discontinued.

I've been washing out and reusing bags but that is only good for so many times and I was running short. This system works great and helps prevent freezer burn and stuff can be stored longer. Here are images of both the original Ziploc and FoodSaver. Sure look like the same thing to me. :)

IMG_0333.JPG

bags.jpg

Most reactions

Back