What are you doing today?

What am I doing today you ask.
I'm looking for members to enter our Pet of the Month contest. We have 5 awesome entries but we are looking for as many as seven more entries.

Do you have a pet? If you do, we hope you enter your pet in the contest.
CLICK HERE to be teleported over to our Pet of the Month entry thread to check out the 5 awesome entries and perhaps to enter your pet in the contest. (read all rules before entering your pet)

Last edited:
Welp . I really lit a fire in my house today . SWMBO made some soup the other day that was atrocious and she made a lot of it . I was supposed to heat some up for lunch and when she went in the bedroom to do something I threw it out on the grass for the neighborhood stray cats to lick up . Playing my hard of hearing card ever so skillfully I feigned ignorance and swore she told me to do it . She didn’t buy it and sparks are flying but I didn’t have to eat it . And that boys and girls is how you live life on the edge .

Spent today sort of experimenting and all seems to have gone well. :)

First I went to my grocery store to get soup and sandwich stuff for two days till Thursday which is normal shopping to get the senior discount. Nothing ever wrong with soup and sammich. ;) Actually soup and wraps as I really seldom have bread in the house. Also needed bird feed for my cockatiel but they didn't have what I usually get and I refuse to pay over twice the price at Petco. I took a chance and got a bag of wild 'song bird' mix for even a lesser price. Terabit, my cockatiel, loved it so first experiment has to be considered a success. :)

Next experiment was about my upgrading my main computer system from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I won't go into details unless asked but there were two things that really bugged me but with a little playing I solved both and am happy with the results. Actually, after the upgrade, my main system is running better than ever.

Spent today sort of experimenting and all seems to have gone well. :)

First I went to my grocery store to get soup and sandwich stuff for two days till Thursday which is normal shopping to get the senior discount. Nothing ever wrong with soup and sammich. ;) Actually soup and wraps as I really seldom have bread in the house. Also needed bird feed for my cockatiel but they didn't have what I usually get and I refuse to pay over twice the price at Petco. I took a chance and got a bag of wild 'song bird' mix for even a lesser price. Terabit, my cockatiel, loved it so first experiment has to be considered a success. :)

Next experiment was about my upgrading my main computer system from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I won't go into details unless asked but there were two things that really bugged me but with a little playing I solved both and am happy with the results. Actually, after the upgrade, my main system is running better than ever
I regretted upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 on my old laptop. It slowed it down quite a bit.
Yesterday I finally got my Macbook Pro with the new M3 Pro chip. Wow, it is fast.
A 2.5-minute video with just text and images was taking 20 minutes to export on my old machine. This new one exported in less than a minute. Some of that might be due to the fact that my old machine was outdated, but I don't think anyone can beat apple silicon.
First time Mac user and I must say that I like it better than Windows.

I regretted upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 on my old laptop. It slowed it down quite a bit.
Yesterday I finally got my Macbook Pro with the new M3 Pro chip. Wow, it is fast.
A 2.5-minute video with just text and images was taking 20 minutes to export on my old machine. This new one exported in less than a minute. Some of that might be due to the fact that my old machine was outdated, but I don't think anyone can beat apple silicon.
First time Mac user and I must say that I like it better than Windows.
Ya, I also have a Mac Book Air and can't really complain about it as it is a decent system but I would never have paid full price. Apple is just too over priced for what you get and the restrictions as to upgrading hardware. The thing that really sort of surprises me with the Mac Book is that I dual boot with MacOS and Windows 10 on the thing and Windows boots MUCH quicker.

Ya, I also have a Mac Book Air and can't really complain about it as it is a decent system but I would never have paid full price. Apple is just too over priced for what you get and the restrictions as to upgrading hardware. The thing that really sort of surprises me with the Mac Book is that I dual boot with MacOS and Windows 10 on the thing and Windows boots MUCH quicker.
Mine boots in about 15 seconds. Not too bad.

Not really what am I doing today but I did find out that ”Bonanza” star Dan Blocker ,who played Hoss Cartwright , was in an episode of “The Three Stooges” titled “Outer Space Jitters” . The things you know .

I am staring longingly at my new tank that's cycling. Plenty of ammonia, no nitrite yet. Dangit!! Gonna clean the 15 gallon tank and add some fertilizer tablets for the plants. ...and poke around on this forum living vicariously through other people's fish keeping until I can get busy on my new one :)

Setting up my 130inch long x 18 inch wide stand:
x4.jpg

Huh... it seems that the TOEFL Go improved his functionalities and now there are more questions to practice.

Yesterday, I also did this simple storyboard about a possible project involving my brine shrimp culture (okay, that is in Portuguese):
1700260493977.jpeg

This video I recorded a few days ago, about my culture:

My mosquito trap, instead of attracting bloodworms, indeed is attracting Megaselia sp. as well as possibly Dero sp.

Just doing some changes I've made as to appearance in relation to my upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on my main system. The first image is both my screens in 'Lord of the Rings' mode. Both are animated and I can literally use any video file in .WMV format for the desktop. I could convert even a full movie to WMV format and use as a desktop animated wallpaper... not that I ever will. I see the left half as an elves area with the second as the entrance to Mirkwood. The second image shows what I've done with the start menu and taskbar.

Both of these changes are accomplished through third party software by https://www.stardock.com/products/ . I use 'Start11' and 'Deskscapes'. The start menu and taskbar colors will adjust to the most used colors in the desktop animation. I setup the Start menu into two groups. One is applications and the other utilities. Not done with the population on either of these groups yet but it is basically there. LOL! Know that I like a totally clean desktop as to shortcuts and insist on it being 'pretty'. LOL! Not esactly your normal Windows 11 appearance. ;)

desktop-full-dual monitor.jpg

desktop-full.jpg

The ladies are at a craft fair selling their wares tonight, so I am enjoying a bit of peace and quiet, watching some youtube, reading about places I want to travel, replacing a bathroom faucet, and doing a big water change on the 55.

I'm sitting down to watch the movie "Night of the Lepus." It's about rampaging killer rabbits.:lol: It's not highly rated but looks to be good mindless fun. It's free via Roku so I can always turn it off if I don't like it. Movie is from 1972.
Anyone here ever see this movie?

In 24.5 years in business I have threatened to go apply for a job a few times, but yesterday I did it. Today, hoping they don't call for an interview, I have a painting project to finish and the front porch needs cleaned. Everything Fishy has gone from aquariums fresh and salt plus ponds, to all ponds and one customer aquarium, but the last 2 ponds I built were fishless waterfall systems. It was fun while it lasted. I'll work big box this winter, resume in spring... and today I think I know a church having a yard cleanup in an hour, be good to get out

Most reactions

Back