What are you doing today?

I would if I thought it would help, my friend. I hope he can give you some help and relief.
I really hope he can help you Gius!
I hope so too! I just printed off my entire (relevant) medical history including doctors notes and test results, and put together a comprehensive family history of medical problems going all the way back to great, great grandparents! So there shouldn’t be any way I will be dismissed

Had what may be a bit of an epiphany about my cockatiel, Terabit, today. I've wondered for quite a while why he goes through periods when he comes out of his cage and other periods when he does not. He may go a week or two where he will not come out and other periods when he is out of his cage as soon as opened before I even get his food and water bowls refreshed.

I'm betting dollars to donuts this behavior is caused by lunar cycles. Hey, why not? While not scientifically proven it is strongly believed that a cockatiel's molting is controlled by hormonal changes caused by lunar cycles. Keep in mind that lunar cycles are not the same as phases of the moon. Actually, if my understanding is correct, these lunar cycles are why high and low tides are not consistent throughout the year but are higher and lower during different periods. I'm going to have to start keeping track of his coming out and staying in if I remember. This behavior is not a day by day thing. Each stage can be weeks in length.

While I looking at things related to the affects of lunar cycles on animals which, as to many species, is pretty much proven I found something that does not relate to lunar cycles but to moon phases. Believe it or not it seems that an oyster will close up and not open during a full moon.

It is really interesting how much affect the moon has on our home planet. The moon and Earth make sort of a gyroscope which stabilizes the Earth's axis. Yes, the Earth's axis does shift but without the moon these shifts would be frequent enough to prevent stable climates.

Sigh, once again I'm going off in tangents which, of course, I never do... ;) I'll leave what I already typed but stop or this post could end up taking pages... ;)

I was shopping at the supermarket today and in the soda/water aisle I came across this display.
IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3049.jpeg

what kind of drugs must the marketing department be on to think that choosing this brand name will sell more product? What’s this world coming to? Jeesh.

And at cost of $11.66 a gallon, this product is way overpriced in my opinion.

Last edited:
Busy with taking fish reservations for this coming expo. This year I've got much more fish reservation request than those years before. So, I definitely need to use more styrofoam boxes. I expect serious business this weekend. It's great to do this every year but at the same time it's also asking a lot of energy.
Tomorrow it's scooping day...! And it takes a long time before I'll be done... But to be honest, there's a lot of money involved as well. To answer the question that has arosen so many times: Can we make serious money out of selling fish? In general, no! But at such events, definitely yes!

I was shopping at the supermarket today and in the soda/water aisle I came across this display.View attachment 330270
View attachment 330271

what kind of drugs must the marketing department be on to think that choosing this brand name will sell more product? What’s this world coming to? Jeesh.

Yeah, I've seen that product. Both the name and the price make me disinclined to buy it.

I was shopping at the supermarket today and in the soda/water aisle I came across this display.View attachment 330270
View attachment 330271

Its made to look like a beer so that people wouldn't hassle you for not drinking in an environment where everyone is drinking.
It was designed by a former alcoholic to help people quit more easily.

Watching Thursday Night Football and 'playing' the Domino's Pizza game. By pizza game I mean manipulating their deals. I often order pizza for football on Thursdays and have it pretty well figured out to get away as cheap as possible.

1) I place my order with 6-7 minutes left in the second quarter which means that delivery will be longer than normal which probably at least fifty percent of the time gets me 60 rewards points which equals a free medium 2 topping pie. I just did a redemption for the medium and still have one pending for next time I order and, since I ordered other stuff I still get 10 rewards points.

2) Don't quit with the free pizza deal. After redeeming the free pizza I then go to coupons on their site and apply a 20% off coupon for the order. The 20% off does not affect the pizza but applies to other stuff I order. I normally get extra topping on the free pizza which makes it come to $6.00. I also usually order 2 different pasta bowls and 2 habanero chicken sandwiches which is were the 20% coupon comes in.

The above method saved me over $22.00 this evening and by the estimated delivery time will probably get another 60 rewards points for my next order. This order will give me 4 meals as I tend to do 2 slices of pizza, half a sandwich and half a pasta bowl.

I SO MUCH love 'playing the system'... ;) Too many people are so happy to get a free pizza that they order more than normal. This also applies to other outfits. As to Domino's they make enough profit off of the added items to more than offset the free 2 topping pizza.

Waiting for the author I’m working with to pick up the final version of the illustration panels for her upcoming book

I mean this with no disrespect, but something about that does not feel right to me at all...
Well...OK. :) Our native people are full citizens, and there are great efforts underway to keep the indigenous languages from dying out. So, putting the two together, it kind of make sense.

Well...OK. :) Our native people are full citizens, and there are great efforts underway to keep the indigenous languages from dying out. So, putting the two together, it kind of make sense.
I love that aspect of it, but for me I feel like I'd be insulting their culture by saying our country's allegiance in a Native American language when we were the ones who not only took them out of their home land, but killed many as well...
That's just my view on it... Otherwise I love the fact we are keeping the language alive

I love that aspect of it, but for me I feel like I'd be insulting their culture by saying our country's allegiance in a Native American language when we were the ones who not only took them out of their home land, but killed many as well...
That's just my view on it... Otherwise I love the fact we are keeping the language alive
I understand the thought. That isn't quite true, though...some of our ancestors killed some of their ancestors, which isn't quite the same. There are still some hard feelings about that of course, and some of the consequences are long-lasting. It isn't "our" country; it's theirs, too. Most people seem to realize that things are the way they are, now, and we need to learn to address the long-term consequences and otherwise get along the best we can.

Native people have a great tradition of serving, militarily and otherwise. The kid who led the pledge this morning did it to honor our veterans, both Native and non-.

Most reactions

Back