What are you doing today?

What was wrong with it?
is it under manufacturer's warranty?...you could return if it has issues

What was wrong with it?
is it under manufacturer's warranty?...you could return if it has issues
Wellll I got it off Facebook marketplace. I should have brought it up to the seller when I first noticed it when we did the exchange, but I didn't think much of it...

But it'll work... Just not like new lol. It will be missing one function, but it's not too bad

@connorlindeman
I probably will be getting a new baitcasting reel whenever possible without breaking the bank (lol).
You said that the kastking brand is good, right? I'm thinking either of doing a Kastking, Abu Garcia, or Lew's

Kastking is great. They have lots of options for each price range. I have never been disappointed.
Awesome!! I'm probably gonna get one from them or abu garcia if this reel I have keeps going downhill lol

Having a day of it with my stupid cockatiel. He is super hyper today probably due to the winter storm moving in.

First he LOVES spray millet. I cut the sprigs to about one inch lengths as, if I put a full sprig in his cage he'll go through the entire sprig in a day ignoring his main seed mix. I keep the cut pieces in a clear canister on top of his cage. So he is on top of his cage just pecking away at the canister trying to get at the millet. I decide to be nice and let him have a second chunk. When I'm getting the canister he flies away to my window sill and doesn't know I put another chunk in his food dish.

So then he is on the window sill and gets himself trapped between the window and the vertical blinds. The blinds are open enough for him to easily get out but he is afraid of them as they move as he starts to come through. I mean come on... didn't they move when he went through to get himself trapped? :dunno: So I rescue him and he is back on top of his cage trying to peck his way through the millet canister again. Look in your food dish dummy. ;)

When he gets hyper and rambunctious he is a total trip. This will probably go on all day as he is always hyper to the max when a storm is moving in. LOL! Just another day at the Jay cave. ;)

Other then messing with the bird from Hades I ordered a new light for my tank which should be here Monday.

Took Pixie out for a pretty long walk today between chores and caregiving, met up with a dog-walking friend and met her absolutely adorable and beautiful new puppy, a cockapoo with super pretty colouring, and Pixie only told the pup off once, so that's pretty good for her, lol. The pup was confident, but respectful, which helps a lot when meeting an elder female that won't tolerate too much puppy nonsense! Was really good for me too. Meant I got to spend time with someone who also knew and was very fond of my dad, and understands what I'm going through now.

Otherwise, lots of laundry, cleaning, cooking, and gave the big tank a good clean and large water change, so now I'm finally sitting down and getting a chance to properly relax. Mainly for Pixie's sake, because she's tired from the walk, and did a misjudged leap to try to get onto a chair but ended up falling backwards :( She's walking as if her arthritic hip is sore... not a rush to the vet job yet... will see how she is in the morning, but I always worry about her. It's only a minor thing I can pick up on in her movement, but she was so tired and just wanted to sleep, but insists on being my shadow and following me about as I empty and fill fish buckets and make dinner for everyone. As soon as I sat down with a coffee, she used her stool to climb onto the bed and fell straight into a deep storing sleep! Love this dog so much.

Took Pixie out for a pretty long walk today between chores and caregiving, met up with a dog-walking friend and met her absolutely adorable and beautiful new puppy, a cockapoo with super pretty colouring, and Pixie only told the pup off once, so that's pretty good for her, lol. The pup was confident, but respectful, which helps a lot when meeting an elder female that won't tolerate too much puppy nonsense! Was really good for me too. Meant I got to spend time with someone who also knew and was very fond of my dad, and understands what I'm going through now.

Otherwise, lots of laundry, cleaning, cooking, and gave the big tank a good clean and large water change, so now I'm finally sitting down and getting a chance to properly relax. Mainly for Pixie's sake, because she's tired from the walk, and did a misjudged leap to try to get onto a chair but ended up falling backwards :( She's walking as if her arthritic hip is sore... not a rush to the vet job yet... will see how she is in the morning, but I always worry about her. It's only a minor thing I can pick up on in her movement, but she was so tired and just wanted to sleep, but insists on being my shadow and following me about as I empty and fill fish buckets and make dinner for everyone. As soon as I sat down with a coffee, she used her stool to climb onto the bed and fell straight into a deep storing sleep! Love this dog so much.
Have you tried Glucosamine? It helped my black lab when I lived in Florida with his arthritic hips a lot. If you haven't used and decide to try get the human stuff. It is the same thing and, oddly, tends to be cheaper than the dog version... or at least used to be cheaper 14-15 years ago.

Have you tried Glucosamine? It helped my black lab when I lived in Florida with his arthritic hips a lot. If you haven't used and decide to try get the human stuff. It is the same thing and, oddly, tends to be cheaper than the dog version... or at least used to be cheaper 14-15 years ago.

Yes, she's been on it for a while! Plus fish oil capsules and a yeast tablet at night. :)Since the vet first said that she had some arthritis, it's good stuff! Used it with my old spaniel boy too. But I think she's reached the point now where I'll get the proper pain/anti-inflammatory med from the vets. She's spaniel/collie, so has always been an elastic band of a dog, throwing herself around and we did a lot of agility, so arthritis was to be expected I guess. It's still not extreme at all, but I don't want her to be in pain. The vet and I only decided to wait because if the med masked the arthritis too much, she'd be likely to overdo things and make it worse, you know? She's still very active for an 11 year old dog. But seeing her stiff on that hip today makes me think it might be time for the rheumacam. Will see how she is after a good nights sleep and see what the vet thinks. :)

One other thing I’m doing today is remembering November 22 , 1963 when I was in second grade . We went home for lunch in those days and when we came back to school after lunch the teachers sent us back home but didn’t say why . School being unexpectedly canceled for the afternoon is every seven year old boys dream . I didn’t know what the deal was until my Dad got home from work that night . They killed President John F. Kennedy .

Today I’m finalizing Black Friday sales for my art 👀 50% off?

Today was the LAST DAY of MANY spent moving boxes and boxes of vintage auto parts I inherited out of a house that was sold WAY before we planned. I fully expect to end up with either a cold or lung infection from breathing in all the dust and mouse poo.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Whether you are American or not, whether you do holidays or not, it is at least as good a day as any to give thanks and appreciate all the often-overlooked blessings in your life.

We are following our family's thanksgiving tradition today: The turkey is still frozen.

Most reactions

Back