What are you doing today?

Today I got my first fishing backpack! This will be sooo nice! I already love it
20231028_181201.jpg

Last edited:
thinking of closing down my tanks, by setting up a different tank to move the most saleable fish to first. May keep just the one small tank of pygmy cories and otos going, haven't decided yet, but I haven't been doing more than maintaining the two tanks as it is, and time is going to be even more stretched now, so at least for now, shutting down the largest tank makes the most sense to me. Finding good homes for the fish is important to me, but also demanding on time, so maybe I'm acting in haste? A good friend who's a hobbyist and in the trade might be willing to take them for me though, and I'd trust him to find good homes.

thinking of closing down my tanks, by setting up a different tank to move the most saleable fish to first. May keep just the one small tank of pygmy cories and otos going, haven't decided yet, but I haven't been doing more than maintaining the two tanks as it is, and time is going to be even more stretched now, so at least for now, shutting down the largest tank makes the most sense to me. Finding good homes for the fish is important to me, but also demanding on time, so maybe I'm acting in haste? A good friend who's a hobbyist and in the trade might be willing to take them for me though, and I'd trust him to find good homes.
Sometimes you have to take a break. It's OK. You'll make the right decision for you , and if you don't? Such decisions don't have to be permanent. Hang in there.

I scheduled my TOEFL test for this December. Although it's some late under the circumstances of looking for graduate programs, at least I will do the exam.

A few days ago, I presented my research project to a fair from the institution where I graduated. The examiner, while commenting on my work, gave good reviews with some caveats.

Today I recorded this... I was trying to attract bloodworms but, for now, I got some undesirable mosquito larvae (whose I gave to my betta) and other larvae from another Diptera species which I still don't know. Also, I saw some larvae resembling Dasyhelea sp.

Trying to figure out what I'm going to do with a couple of cichlids I'm trying to re-home. Even put a notice on a local Facebook aquarium group and have gotten zero response. I'm still holding out but looks like I just might have to give them to Petco. :( Part of the lack of response may be my fault as I've been totally truthful about one of the two being pretty aggressive toward smaller fish but it just isn't my nature to say they are totally cool possibly causing someone trouble in a community tank.

Sigh... A current TV ad got me thinking about a movie by using some modified lines of a show done by the Haynes(sp) Sisters. Direct cut from the old movie 'A White Christmas'. So I am currently watching the movie. It is SUCH a classic! I watch it every year but this is a bit early. ;) Nothing saying I can't watch it again later.

OK, Now I'm done with watching 'A White Christmas' and still wiping my eyes a bit. Some here are young enough to not even know what I'm talking about but this is one of the major all time movie classics with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye.

Take a look if you want to see a time of innocence in movies with a great story. LOL! And to this day I still have a crush on the younger Haynes Sister. This movie is really timeless. I strongly suggest watching. :)

Trying to figure out what I'm going to do with a couple of cichlids I'm trying to re-home. Even put a notice on a local Facebook aquarium group and have gotten zero response. I'm still holding out but looks like I just might have to give them to Petco. :( Part of the lack of response may be my fault as I've been totally truthful about one of the two being pretty aggressive toward smaller fish but it just isn't my nature to say they are totally cool possibly causing someone trouble in a community tank.

Facebook has clamped down hard on the selling of any live animals, so many rehoming groups and pages were closed down. I don't know accessability, you're way more tech savvy than I am, but try the BAND ap (which I used on my desktop, so doesn't have to be phone only) and look for groups in your area, perhaps? It seems to be where hobbyists where I live are mostly posting their rehoming and selling stock since FB became so strict. Worth a try!

OK, Now I'm done with watching 'A White Christmas' and still wiping my eyes a bit. Some here are young enough to not even know what I'm talking about but this is one of the major all time movie classics with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye.

Take a look if you want to see a time of innocence in movies with a great story.

Facebook has clamped down hard on the selling of any live animals, so many rehoming groups and pages were closed down. I don't know accessability, you're way more tech savvy than I am, but try the BAND ap (which I used on my desktop, so doesn't have to be phone only) and look for groups in your area, perhaps? It seems to be where hobbyists where I live are mostly posting their rehoming and selling stock since FB became so strict. Worth a try!

Actually I'm not trying to sell, I'm giving away. Doesn't seem to be any issue in the aquarium Facebook group where I posted. Post is there and visible.

Making a grocery list for shopping tomorrow and realized just how seasonal I eat... ;)

Fir instance during late spring and summer I'll almost always have beer brats in my fridge but not so much during the winter. BTW, if you like beer brats try wrapping them in bacon, it's awesome!

Now it is late fall and I have butter nut squash and sweet taters in my fridge and ham steaks and stuff for baked beans are on my list. During summer and spring I'll pretty much never have squash or sweet taters in my fridge. Another 'BTW', if you like butter nut squash and/or acorn squash try baking with butter and brown suger in the seed pockets, yummy. :)

I am looking for classic movies like those you mentioned, @jaylach . Yesterday I finished seeing this video below about Francisco Franco's dictatorship in Spain (also for improving my English listening):

Franco's administration resembles a bit about Getúlio Vargas's dictatorship in Brazil (1930-1945)1. Caudillo's phenomenon is a kind of thing that dominated almost all of Latin America. In the Brazilian case, after the 1889 coup d'etat.

Indeed, Facebook prohibited the selling of live animals (the reason, I do not know), although there are still people announcing things such as black soldier fly larvae as bait (they are live animals, are not?).

1. Although oficially Vargas initiated the called Estado Novo in 1937, he overthrew the government in 1930 by coup d'etat. The 1932 Constitutionalist Revolution was a São Paulo state response to Vargas's dictatorship.

Started watching the tv series Fear of the Walking Dead on AMC plus. I watched two episodes...looks pretty interesting. Anyone else see it?

I think the movie Napoleon looks like it could be a good movie. Saw the trailer. I think it will do well in the theaters.

Today I rehomed my matchiing pair of adult BN Pleco. Gave them to my family owned LFS. The store was very happy I brought them in.

Last edited:
Just got done watching the final game of baseball's World Series. The Texas Rangers made a bit of history by being the only team to win the series by winning every away game through the entire playoffs. As the visiting team they went 11-0. Have to give them credit.

I am looking for classic movies like those you mentioned, @jaylach . Yesterday I finished seeing this video below about Francisco Franco's dictatorship in Spain (also for improving my English listening):

Franco's administration resembles a bit about Getúlio Vargas's dictatorship in Brazil (1930-1945)1. Caudillo's phenomenon is a kind of thing that dominated almost all of Latin America. In the Brazilian case, after the 1889 coup d'etat.

Indeed, Facebook prohibited the selling of live animals (the reason, I do not know), although there are still people announcing things such as black soldier fly larvae as bait (they are live animals, are not?).

1. Although oficially Vargas initiated the called Estado Novo in 1937, he overthrew the government in 1930 by coup d'etat. The 1932 Constitutionalist Revolution was a São Paulo state response to Vargas's dictatorship.
@Lanpenn Then you may like the following site. They stream nothing but old black and white movies.

Most reactions

Back