What are you doing today?

are you still hunting for elk? or was that meal from last year's catch.
This was the last roast from last year's elk. My elk season ended Sunday, and sadly I didn't score. I got out over the weekend on some private land where I had permission to hunt, and I saw several dozen elk, but they were about a mile away on someone else's property. It was cool to see them. Just wish they'd have been closer.

Mrs. Badger drew a late season tag, and with this week's colder weather and snow we're hoping more will come down from the mountains and get where we can get at them. If she gets one it would be her first kill. I hope she does. We really, really like eating elk.

This was the last roast from last year's elk. My elk season ended Sunday, and sadly I didn't score. I got out over the weekend on some private land where I had permission to hunt, and I saw several dozen elk, but they were about a mile away on someone else's property. It was cool to see them. Just wish they'd have been closer.

Mrs. Badger drew a late season tag, and with this week's colder weather and snow we're hoping more will come down from the mountains and get where we can get at them. If she gets one it would be her first kill. I hope she does. We really, really like eating elk.

Best of luck! Hope you bag one. Would provide a lot of meals, and at least the animal got to live a wild life then a swift death, rather than being farmed.

I don't think I've ever had venison, definitely not elk, but I'd love to try it. Have had pheasant that was hunted, which was one of the best meals I'd ever had.

We just ate elk pot roast and cheese hash browns. I would post a picture, but it's gone.
That's OK, I'll post a picture of my version of a beef pot roast. No, that is not my portion tonight. I pulled the roast out of the crock pot and put on a serving platter to rest for a bit. Added some veggies to fill out the platter for the pic. Normally there would also be green beans but I was feeling lazy and decided to get frozen beans so I didn't have to snap off the ends on all the green beans. Messed up and grabbed a bag of peas instead of beans. I'll still use the peas but for an odd dish. Cut up some meat and put in a sauce pan with some of the carrots and juice. I'll add some peas to that and serve over cheese ravioli. May sound a bit odd but is REALLY good. ;)

The roast turned out really good. First time I ever tried adding some sweet taters but won't be the last. They were quite good but I'll add later in the cooking as they 'soften' faster than russet taters and were a little on the mushy side but still very good with the roast.

Can't really see in the photo but there are also bell peppers and onions. I'm a bit of a bell pepper fanatic. ;)

IMG_0281.JPG

As I've already said I'm trying to re-home a couple of South American Dwarf Cichlids with no joy. Dawned on that I happen to be a member of a local Face Book group about fish. Just finished making a post to the group offering the cichlids for free as long as the person is willing to come and pick them up. Wish me luck as to someone wanting the beasties.

It is actually sort of a shame as I rather like the cichlids but I like some snails ad Panda Garras more. My problem is not the fault of the fish but is my mistake. On hind sight I never should have gotten these fish for my 20 gallon cube as they really need at least a 30 gallon long. They get along fine with my rope fish but he is a brute and just ignores... Well mayhaps not ignores but the cichlids get out of the way when he comes out of his plants to feed. Actually, since the cichlids have started to dig out plants, my rope isn't happy as his house is being ransacked.

While not the fault of the fish I REALLY need to get rid of these cichlids as they are detrimental to everything I really want in the tank.

I hate it when I make mistakes like this that I never should have made. If I had really thought before getting these cichlids I never would have got. One of those spur of the moment buys that went bad...

It's 12:17 and I'm only running on a cold pumpkin spice latte
✨Adhdddd✨

I'm having a great day on a couple of levels. :)

First I have left over pot roast in the stove as a sort of wet stew. Chunks of roast with carrots and a few sweet taters and added some peas. Didin't use any of the fingerling russet taters as they are replaced with cheese ravioli. On the side will be garlic bread for dipping. Good stuff! :)

Second is a new game release on Steam. For those old enough to remember and like RPG games one of the all time classics was Baldur's Gate 1 & 2. Steam has announced the release of Baldur's Gate 3. I can't wait to check it out but will wait until the price drops which it will. :)

After a CT scan earlier in the week, an MRI yesterday and sigmoidoscopy this morning, consultant has confirmed that mum has colon cancer. We lost dad nine months ago, now this.

They took biopsies today, and their cancer care team will review everything on Tuesday the 7th then arrange a meeting with us to discuss staging etc and next steps. She said we're likely looking at chemo and radiotherapy, but they'll know more once they've all reviewed everything, but to try to take it easy until then. Easier said than done.

Most reactions

Back