What are you doing today?

Fighting with my stupid cichlids and I think I'm losing. They are South American Dwarf Smiling Cichlids (Laetacara araguaiae). I want to re-home the things so I can go back to Panda Garras and also have some snails but not having much luck and I REALLY don't want to give them to Petco.

Anyway, I have several planted sword plants and now half of them have become floating plants as the danged cichlids are digging them up along with another plant that I can't remember the name but think it's a crypt. Actually that one got dug up a while back and seems to like floating as I have to cut it back just about every water change... Since, when I got the beasties, they were the same juvenile size and now one is in the area of 30% larger I have a hunch that I have a male and female and they are digging up plants to did a pit for eggs. I have no desire to breed them but they may not respect my wishes. Hey, if they are actually preparing to breed I guess it just means free food for my rope fish... ;)
Ug, burrowing fish. I had that fight with a few hoplo cats a few years ago, in a dirt-sand tank. What a mess. Took me months to catch the things, too. Have you ever tried potting your plants and covering them with rocks? I've heard that can work but I don't like how it looks.

Has anyone else's WiFi, cable, and all phone services in the US gone out completely? (It's back on now for me)

Ug, burrowing fish. I had that fight with a few hoplo cats a few years ago, in a dirt-sand tank. What a mess. Took me months to catch the things, too. Have you ever tried potting your plants and covering them with rocks? I've heard that can work but I don't like how it looks.
Nope, haven't tried potting and holding with rocks. Personally I'd rather re-home the cichlids so I can go back to Panda Garra and some snails.

Rumor has it Apple is going to release the new MacBook pros with the M3 chip this Tuesday.
That's pretty annoying because I just bought the Macbook pro with the M2 chip.
Maybe I'll just return the M2 and get the M3 instead... I guess it depends on the specs.

Rumor has it Apple is going to release the new MacBook pros with the M3 chip this Tuesday.
That's pretty annoying because I just bought the Macbook pro with the M2 chip.
Maybe I'll just return the M2 and get the M3 instead... I guess it depends on the specs.
I'm mostly Windows but DO have a Mac Book Air that I dual boot between MacOS and Windows. Since it is an Apple product it surprises me a little that the Windows side boots quicker. :dunno:

Just got done getting everything for my pot roast in my 2 gallon crock pot. Trying something a little different this time. Instead of just split fingerling russet taters I also added some sweet taters.

I'm mostly Windows but DO have a Mac Book Air that I dual boot between MacOS and Windows. Since it is an Apple product it surprises me a little that the Windows side boots quicker. :dunno:
I chose mac because thats pretty much the industry standard for video editing. I got 32 GB ram and 1TB memory.

Has anyone else's WiFi, cable, and all phone services in the US gone out completely? (It's back on now for me)
Only when our power goes out, we lose cellular and Wi-Fi as well

Just got done getting everything for my pot roast in my 2 gallon crock pot. Trying something a little different this time. Instead of just split fingerling russet taters I also added some sweet taters.

Your plans for your rump roast have been making me hungry! Sounds delicious, especially now it's getting chilly here, a nice slow cooked rump roast/stew is really appealing. I love sweet potatoes too, good call.

Your plans for your rump roast have been making me hungry! Sounds delicious, especially now it's getting chilly here, a nice slow cooked rump roast/stew is really appealing. I love sweet potatoes too, good call.
I still do something my mom did on holidays meals when I was a kid. cooked sweet taters or yams smashed up with layers of marshmallows. Still do it to this day. ;) Good stuff!!!

I still do something my mom did on holidays meals when I was a kid. cooked sweet taters or yams smashed up with layers of marshmallows. Still do it to this day. ;) Good stuff!!!
Haha, that's a very American dish! One I haven't tried, and doesn't sound so appealing to me, I'm sorry! I usually make sweet potatoes in a savoury way rather than sweet. Use them to make wedges, or mash them with some garlic, a hint of mustard, and lots of black pepper. They make a lovely, slightly healthier alternative to traditional mash with some bangers!

Or I'll use them for a British Sunday roast! Roast chunks of sweet potato instead of normal roasted potatoes, or do a root veg mash where I'll mash some parsnips, carrots, or swede with sweet potatoes and the garlic/butter/salt/pepper/mustard. Then some wilted dark cabbage, or butter pan cooked leeks, peas/carrots, roast potatoes and the meat and gravy, and you've got a good Sunday roast! Can't forget the Yorkshire pud either. Yum!

Brilliant minds think alike. Over my lunch break I put in my last potroast from last year's elk. I'm pretty sure I can smell it from here. Mmmmmm elk pot roast...

Sticker drop! Taking pre-orders before my huge market in November!
392BD5AA-3DEE-45BA-B533-3DABFD94C782.jpeg
035EB4FF-7C34-4D6E-98BA-BEC6013C9A6A.jpeg
6FA7DB12-1E7D-421E-89B9-BE5AD0F84701.jpeg
C1827D90-DB73-4976-974E-8AA81843E1DD.jpeg
F3881DD6-8D58-4D39-80EE-BE7659E5D58D.jpeg
DEB87BE7-01C3-4D6D-B044-75818782D179.jpeg
E09DF397-43A5-440A-B87D-E02AD2340142.jpeg
8F0A2CD8-FC13-4AA7-A31E-43CAC50D593D.jpeg
179E2A04-D3A9-4069-9764-400D1E1667E0.jpeg
CAF765A0-2D18-42A2-99D3-D8DEFF55E4A8.jpeg
A5429017-FEE3-4994-BBF2-A84BFCE01FDF.jpeg
F4FCB9CB-2E00-49C9-B125-8D110AA0B98A.jpeg
A23EC432-6981-413B-8FC8-7F9C0D2BF927.jpeg
903633E9-BCB4-4701-86AC-53898403F8C3.jpeg
6E7E33CF-826B-43AA-92C8-F4082E482625.jpeg

Not here...
That's good...
Only when our power goes out, we lose cellular and Wi-Fi as well
Yah, us too... But this was just our WiFi, cable, landlines, and cell service... All connections. Our power was fine...
It was really weird, my mom almost thought it was something bigger going on, but then after talking to someone when we were out in town we realized it was a new service being installed into a nearby neighborhood that was draining all services in the surrounding area until it installed...

Most reactions

Back