What are you doing today?

I watched the Pats, going against the odds, beat Buffalo. Miracles can happen :lol:
Rooting for the Chiefs right now against the chargers. Right now it's tied at 10-10.
Another awesome game to watch is tonight's game between the Dolphins and Eagles. Each team is 5 wins 1 loss for the season.

update:
Chiefs now lead by 17 to 10 against the Chargers. Kelce caught a long pass as Taylor Swift screams.

update:
Chiefs now lead by 17 to 10 against the Chargers. Kelce caught a long pass as Taylor Swift screams.
I'm watching the Broncos against the Packers on Peacock+. No real interest in either team but Denver is considered local to my area. Unless a Broncos game interferes with my Browns I watch so I can converse with others here on the game.

My normal Browns game, as it was today, is to stream the radio broadcast from a Cleveland station called 'The Fan' with NFL Red Zone on TV with no sound. Used have NFL Gamepass, now NFL+, but dropped it this year. With NFL+ you can only listen to the radio broadcasts when the game is live and can only watch when the game is over. Since I have the NFL Network through cable and they usually show all the games during the following week I really lose nothing and save $100.00.

the puppy is a young dog now, and it's a good time to have fish to learn about.

Oh you got the puppy!! Please tell me what kind of pup you got, name, and photos if you don't mind sharing, please! I love puppies so so much!

I'm sorry to reappear again only to share bad news. I don't want to make a special thread and announce it there, or send pms to each of my friends here that they feel they have to reply to or anything, so just thought I'd let people know here what's going on with me.

I'm sorry for my absence again everyone guys. Grieving is hard, and mum's health declined rapidly after we lost dad in Feb. We've been working with the doc, nurses and local hospital, and they're not 100%, we're in the middle of different tests, but it's pretty certain that she has bowel cancer. Bro and I are caring for her as best we can, she isn't in pain or anything yet, but I'm not sure yet how much she really understands or wants to know about it being the big C.

With her age and other health conditions she is considered frail, and tomorrow we go to the hospital for a CT scan, then on Saturday a sigmoidoscopy, so they can take a biopsy, confirm a diagnosis, and see whether it has spread from the bowel. Docs have been kind and empathetic, and advise trying to just take it day by day at the moment since we're in a sort of limbo until the tests can confirm or disprove, and the docs can see the extent.

I am so sorry to hear this AdoraBelle :( You have been through enough this year, and now this on top of everything......

Thank you, lovely. :flowers:

If only we were immortal beings! Facing illness and loss has me thinking a lot about the bigger picture of life, the universe, and everything. We can't engage in life, and feel love, without also experiencing suffering and loss. We're counting our blessings for the love we've shared and the amount of time we've been able to share. I know how fortunate I am to have had wonderful parents who lived into their 80s, and will do everything I can to help mum through this. Not everyone is as lucky as we have been, and I'm grateful. I have reached out to mental health support services and my GP, so I have support.

Sorry, I didn't want to bring this light-hearted thread down, I just wanted to let my friends here know, without making a big thing of it by making its own thread.

Life does go on, and there are good things to celebrate along the way. I hope others are doing well! Today I need to give the dog a good bath and brush, which she will hate, and then love all the fuss and attention/feeling all fresh and clean. In between doing household chores and preparing for tomorrows appointment I'm playing a lot of music to draw strength from. I love this song from my childhood. I was too young then to really understand Enigma and the lyrics and found the music bizarre since I didn't grasp the symbolism or messages then, yet loved the song and played their album a lot. It's sad but comforting to listen to and watch it now as an adult, and able to really appreciate the artistry and story of the song and video. What are others listening to?

We just returned yesterday to the states from our honeymoon. I must say I am absolutely exhausted after traveling. Now, back to the mundane
Whew, I find that after international travel, some mundane can be very nice. :)

We just returned yesterday to the states from our honeymoon. I must say I am absolutely exhausted after traveling. Now, back to the mundane

Welcome back! And huge, belated congratulations on your wedding! I'm so sorry I wasn't around at the time, but I have sent positive thoughts into the universe about you, and I'm so happy for you!

Travelling and after all the excitement from a huge special occasion is definitely exhausting, even when it's the wonderful kind of exhausted. :D Just take it easy on yourself as you settle into your day to day. Sending much love! I'd love to see any photos you're happy sharing, if you have any on here(?) or if you're happy to send a link in pm. :) But no pressure or rush either way, I just know you will have been a stunning bride!

Welcome back! And huge, belated congratulations on your wedding! I'm so sorry I wasn't around at the time, but I have sent positive thoughts into the universe about you, and I'm so happy for you!

Travelling and after all the excitement from a huge special occasion is definitely exhausting, even when it's the wonderful kind of exhausted. :D Just take it easy on yourself as you settle into your day to day. Sending much love! I'd love to see any photos you're happy sharing, if you have any on here(?) or if you're happy to send a link in pm. :) But no pressure or rush either way, I just know you will have been a stunning bride!
Here’s a couple, I can send more via PM 😊
DF12D7F3-7EA7-4063-83B4-B0376289BB09.jpeg
1EC04D4E-0651-419D-85B3-6FC94D84B5DF.jpeg

Just got done re-doing an old Dell XPS M1530 laptop to make it usable. I first installed Windows 10 to see if it would run it and it did but Microsoft finally closed the loophole that made it possible to use a Windows 7 or 8 product key to activate. I had no intention of keeping Windows 10 on the thing even though it can still be forced to activate using scripts through what is called Power Shell. Wanted to test if the scripts would work and they did activating to Windows 10 Enterprise.

Wiped the thing again and installed Linux Mint which it runs pretty well. LOL! The thing is so old that it came with Windows Vista.

<edit>
Don't even ask how I forced activation for Windows 10 as it isn't exactly legit and I won't post how to do it. ;)

Last edited:
Went out and stocked up on stuff because I don't plan on going out for the next few days due to weather. Actually got a pretty good deal on a 3.5 pound rump roast for $20.00 USD (30% off) that will become a slow cooker pot roast. Even though the thing will start as a pot roast it will morph a couple of times. The second stage will be to cut some off and mix with bell peppers, onions and cheese for Philly Cheese Steak wraps ( I eat very little actual bread) and the rest will morph into a stew. Not bad, spend $20.00 on a roast and end up with meals for at least a week. :)

Planning out my next stock order for prints and merch. How the heck am I supposed to know how much to order for a market that has 5-7,000 people coming through that weekend?! What if I don’t order enough? Will mugs or pillows be more popular? How many varieties of greeting cards should I get?
Do I need a second checkout system? How much change will I need?

Fighting with my stupid cichlids and I think I'm losing. They are South American Dwarf Smiling Cichlids (Laetacara araguaiae). I want to re-home the things so I can go back to Panda Garras and also have some snails but not having much luck and I REALLY don't want to give them to Petco.

Anyway, I have several planted sword plants and now half of them have become floating plants as the danged cichlids are digging them up along with another plant that I can't remember the name but think it's a crypt. Actually that one got dug up a while back and seems to like floating as I have to cut it back just about every water change... Since, when I got the beasties, they were the same juvenile size and now one is in the area of 30% larger I have a hunch that I have a male and female and they are digging up plants to did a pit for eggs. I have no desire to breed them but they may not respect my wishes. Hey, if they are actually preparing to breed I guess it just means free food for my rope fish... ;)

Most reactions

Back