What are you doing today?

And some sushi that many think has raw fish and/or shrimp really does not as the protein is cooked in citric acid such as concentrated lemon or lime juice. The acid actually cooks the protein.
That's interesting to know! Although in my mind it is practically raw. They even ossue warnings stating that...
But the shrimp ISN'T raw definitely. They always cook it lightly. Raw shellfish can't be eaten

That's interesting to know! Although in my mind it is practically raw. They even ossue warnings stating that...
But the shrimp ISN'T raw definitely. They always cook it lightly. Raw shellfish can't be eaten
Say that to the people who crack open oysters and swallow them live

I am getting up early in the morning so we can go fishing today! Thankfully not as early as when we had the tournament, but still early lol.
Although, I feel SUPER tired. Usually I get right up and feel energized for fishing lol

Say that to the people who crack open oysters and swallow them live
And when I lived in Florida I often saw articles every year about people dying from eating raw oysters...

Actually, with a few exceptions such as salmon, no fresh water fish is safe to eat raw due to parasites such as lung fluke and other nasty stuff. Even salmon needs to be frozen to be considered totally safe. It is usually flash frozen to preserve texture.

Caught a nice red drum today! My first red drum ever actually! Finally got em...
Put up a nice fight as well!
20231006_093832_capture.jpg

Do they have to be a certain size? They are really cool looking fish. Even if you aren't allowed to eat them.
Red Drum are actually very good for eating but they have to be at least 18" and not over 27".
The one I got was around 11-12"

Most reactions

Back