What are you doing today?

Being busy catching fish and cutting plants for tomorrow’s Poecilia meeting…
68C4E1EA-FCBD-44C7-AD14-616CE25180A9.jpeg

Getting a head start on Inktober since I will be traveling for a lot of the month

All packed and ready for our national Poecilia meeting...
And ready for some new purchases...

I have some sort of predatory animal circling the house every night. I think it may be a small pack (a six pack) of coyotes. We don't normally get them here, but they do pass through every now and then, much like bears. I've seen something, but not clearly and only to judge its size and the puppy is downright apprehensive when we go out. I've heard an odd chortling, yelping noise in the wee hours, and it doesn't fit the profile for raccoon noises.
So if whatever is out there eats the skunk, the raccoons and the squirrels, then decamps, we'll be good.

For an inner city boy, moving to the country is interesting. I saw a rat the other day, which was familiar. The people who pick up and process compost here have had to go on strike, so the urban style wildlife is profiting. I've learned deer are very curious, and if they decide a human is not trying to kill them, they'll walk as close to us as they do to geese. My dog seems to have decided to protect them, so they ignore her and just go about their deer business. Raccoons (dumpster elk, or trash pandas) are smart and destructive, and Guardians of the Galaxy has it right.

It's useful to expand your horizons beyond fish!

In common with some other countries, the small town where I live has now lost all its bank branches. Today I have visited the branch in Helsingør, the nearest city, (its a small city - but hey...), to visit the branch of my bank which still exists there. I needed some papers completed and signed to arrange monthly money transfers from my UK account to my DK one. Nice weather, so a passably good day out.

Well, today I graduated... this was a simpler celebration since I'm in a hurry and I must get the undergraduate documentation as soon as possible, for doing evaluation and more. Without coronation, unfortunately.

@Rocky998 This last fish resembles the Geophagus brasiliensis. What fish species would be?

There are many types of sushi. Some have fish, some don't. There are also types of sushi that use cooked seafood especially those that include shrimp or fresh water eel.
The only thing all SUSHI has in common, is it has rice

Most reactions

Back