What are you doing today?

Most states back east seem to have whitetail seasons similar to rabbit seasons here: Basically kill all you need as long as you aren't wasting them or selling them commercially. I suspect Lyme is one reason why. Must be time to reintroduce wolves into Maryland! 😆
Coyotes are back. No wolves. 😬

Besides thinking about my dreams, I'm trying to figure out what is happening with my brine shrimp culture. I suppose that they are dying by age since they don't live so many months. Then, I used a siphon and removed so much detritus, that was with a bad odor (anaerobic bacteria). Last Sunday (17th) I created another culture as a backup. The ingredients: 8 liters of tap water, cheap de-chlorinator, some aragonite, and old salt without iodine that was from my term paper (35 g/L). Since I never sterilized the old aragonite, then the substrate probably brought unhatched cysts. Also, I used my aquarium sponge scraper to take the cysts from the dry sides of the still active (and older) culture, bringing them to the new recipient. Today the nauplii completed 6 days old, but it seems that they grew so fast, even when I didn't do anything. I fed them only yesterday and today... what is happening? I don't know.

In the last few days, I can't count how many cane toads appeared here, because I lost the count. Today, I saw another adult toad inside the deposit, close to my BSFL culture (huh... it seems that they are assaulting my compost).

Don't worry about my Portuguese, just see how my Betta likes my brine shrimp from my cultures. From today:

Thanks to El Niño, the heat wave here is terrible. My aquarium temperature is about 86 ºF, even after removing one of the lids. I am finishing the bureaucratic process for my undergraduate and I hope I will go to the graduation ceremony by the end of this year. I would like that the graduation ceremony being something like this:
1695604716620.png

By curiosity, I decided to search about 3800 V6 engines from Buick. It's interesting that they are used in several GM cars. We from Brazil don't know this engine, but the Family I and II engines are considered reliable here.

By curiosity, I decided to search about 3800 V6 engines from Buick. It's interesting that they are used in several GM cars. We from Brazil don't know this engine, but the Family I and II engines are considered reliable here.
The 3800 is derived from the 3.8L motor , the turbo charged version was in the Grand National and the GNX. Curiously the motor was sold to Jeep way back 60's? - then the tooling/design was purchased back during the first gas crisis 70's? . You will see the ~231cu inch motor in older jeeps.

I am finishing the bureaucratic process for my undergraduate and I hope I will go to the graduation ceremony by the end of this year. I would like that the graduation ceremony being something like this:
View attachment 327761
I was hoping for something like that when I received my master's degree. I was sorely disappointed. :lol:

On Saturday my dad and I are going to be in a fishing tournament!! We're mainly targeting Red Drum, Flounder, and Speckled Trout.
If I could also catch a striped bass, that would be awesome!

On Saturday my dad and I are going to be in a fishing tournament!! We're mainly targeting Red Drum, Flounder, and Speckled Trout.
What body of water has red drum, flounder, AND speckled trout? You've got me curious...

I lied, I just realized it's on Friday lol

Yesterday I had to take a trip on my mother's Toyota Etios 1.3 with manual transmission (this ugly thing). The reason? Simply I had to take printed forms to comply with the "complementary activities". Despite the "complementary" word, these are other obligatory classes to get the degree. Also, the Toyota's air-conditioner is poor, not adapted to hot seasons. The Toyota's ugly, but the car has a decent performance, fun to drive, good manual transmission and with great fuel economy. Impressive how these Toyota engines are so efficient and, at the same time, simple.

As the heat wave continued, I got even more exhausted (I didn't turn on the air-conditioner to save gas, which is expensive here in Brazil), but apparently I got these things done. My shrimps are tolerating these hot temperatures... poor Betta splendens. Also, I am trying to write another poem. I don't know if I write this in Portuguese or English.

@WhistlingBadger
Do you think this arsenal should hold well in the fishing tournament, or do you think I should try to get other lures I may not know of?
Were also going to be getting shrimp as bait the day before
20230927_095034.jpg

20230927_095104.jpg

@WhistlingBadger
Do you think this arsenal should hold well in the fishing tournament, or do you think I should try to get other lures I may not know of?
Were also going to be getting shrimp as bait the day before
View attachment 327842

View attachment 327843
Can't help you there. I'm pretty good with fly fishing in mountain creeks. Don't know diddly squat about using lures in lakes, big rivers, or estuaries. I did do some surf fishing once, using a walmart casting rod and some sand fleas we caught on the beach. Caught two whiting. That is the extent of my expertise! Good luck.

Most reactions

Back