What are you doing today?

Good grief 🥴 I can handle a frog but that thing is enough to get a squeal out of me
When I was living in Florida in 2019, I also saw a cane toad. He was eating the flies around the dead fish, in a park next to the limit between West Palm Beach and Lake Worth Beach.

These toads became a pest in the US, probably thanks to people thinking in using them as biological control on sugarcane plantations in Cuba (we in Brazil never used this animal as pest control on the large Brazilian sugarcane cultures).

1694880671035.jpeg

Since almost every day I rode with my old bicycle, in low-tide hours, it was possible to take photos from the crabs (I suspect being Minuca or Uca), like these from this photo:

1694881285171.jpeg

When I was living in Florida in 2019, I also saw a cane toad. He was eating the flies around the dead fish, in a park next to the limit between West Palm Beach and Lake Worth Beach.

These toads became a pest in the US, probably thanks to people thinking in using them as biological control on sugarcane plantations in Cuba (we in Brazil never used this animal as pest control on the large Brazilian sugarcane cultures).

View attachment 327228

Since almost every day I rode with my old bicycle, in low-tide hours, it was possible to take photos from the crabs (I suspect being Minuca or Uca), like these from this photo:

View attachment 327229
I don't know much about Cane Toads except that they give dogs one heck of a trip...

So what are you up to or what did you do today?
Today, I mowed a client's lawn and replaced a catalytic converter on our family's car(with a bit of my dad's help).
Your turn!
I bought a used 45g tank, which is now almost 1/2 full and, so far, no leaks. I plan on filling it 3/4 full. It has no lid. I will be using it to practice aquascaping.

I cleaned the algae off the glass in my 10g tank, watered my plants from my 29g tank and replaced the water. I have 38 plants.
So what are you up to or what did you do today?
Today, I mowed a client's lawn and replaced a catalytic converter on our family's car(with a bit of my dad's help).
Your turn!
Got a used 45g tank and spent 4 hours cleaning it and the appliances that came with it (they all work). Now tank is almost 1/2 full of water and no leaks so far. I threw out the lid as it was too damaged.

Cleaned algae off glass in 10g tank. Watered my plants (38) from my 29g and replaced the water.

I also have a 2.6g for my dwarf shrimp.

Just got done watching a college U.S. football game between Colorado and Colorado State. I'm happy to say that Colorado won in double overtime but was discussed by the tactics put out by Colorado State. In fact they put the Colorado's #1 receiver in the hospital due to a totally illegal and obviously intentional hit. There were two fights caused by Colorado States illegal actions and, finally, in overtime one of the Colorado States players was kicked out of the game but it could easily be said that a couple of others could have been kicked out
earlier in the game. There were just too many cases where even more serious injuries could have been caused by Colorado State's foul play. I hope that they lose all remaining games. I don't totally blame the Colorado players as such things are callled and teached by the coaches.

I find it a VERY sad situation when what is just a game becomes so important that players will intentionally attempt to injure an opponent's player.

I'm putting out my best wishes for the Colorado player in the hospital due to a cheap shot that was obviously inteneded to put him out of the game.

Today I made a practice test on Duolingo. These points are enough for entering in certain American universities. The main advantage is that the exam is much more affordable than the TOEFL (just think that the Brazilian real devalued about 50 % in 5 years).
1694987498986.png

By doing the TOEFL practice tests, the main difficulty is to speak (I got a low-intermediate level). My undergraduate professors from Brazil think I am good at English (only 1 % of the Brazilian population is English-fluent, while 5 % speaks English at some level), although I am not certain about it. I suspect that my microphone is not so good for my accent... okay. The test itself seems more like a kind of memorizing dialogues, passages, and anything else than speaking itself, so when I start to talk about the ideas shown, I start to have some bugs and it seems that it lacks content for some time... I must practice more and I'm trying to find out how to do this. The reading section from the test seems the Portuguese questions from the exams for Public Service Entrance I did in the last years.

While I am trying to find out this, yesterday I filled out a form for a project for the new business project here in Brazil. It seems cool and I hope I get selected by the committee. Although the business environment improved considerably in Brazil (several years ago, it took more than 180 days to open a business), there are several challenges and bureaucracy, yet. The shadow economy is huge here.

Besides this, today where I live is so hot... the aquarium's temperature today is 86 ºF.

Today for us…. I’ll be not very active online for the next week while we move into our apartment and recover from the day
Went to dennys and Walmart afterwards
721A0C75-BF86-4307-A49D-87B235ADF7E0.jpeg
ABF6846A-A60F-4AFC-BD1E-F494220F2A0D.jpeg
F018D5BE-6AF0-4191-BE93-AF0284F86157.jpeg
A15B20BC-9EF0-4AF6-8A6A-26752D68ED7A.jpeg
27A6FDEF-D1AB-4C4A-AD13-DCCE5C1D7DA7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was doing some yard work after completing some schoolwork and stumbled into this little guy running from our mower. He's just a baby!
View attachment 327576
View attachment 327575
I love me a lizzard, they send me back to childhood. The flying ants used to make an annual visit to my grandmothers garage wall and they would attract the geckos. They'd come in droves to munch on the ants

Hurricane came by and knocked out all our power lol
Where do you live? You are taking it well, because out of all the things I would doing or feeling, laughing wouldn't be one! Hope it gets sorted, especially for the fish rather than the humans (which is what I'd be thinking sadly!).

Most reactions

Back