What are you doing today?

Sigh, just had another chat session with Spectrum Cable. With my being a sports person and their conflict their Disney costing me the loss of all ESPN channels and others they offered me a one time $15.00 discount which is not even close to acceptable. Time to seriously figure out what I need as to streaming networks and go with DSL via Century link. My base download speed would drop from ~100 Mb/sec to ~60 Mb/sec but, in real time, the difference would not even be noticeable except for cases of really large downloads.
I'm reading Spectrum just made a deal with Disney so football is back for you? @jaylach

The shrinkflation is even worse here in Brazil. Interestingly, this phenomenon doesn't affect all items equally (for any economy you can imagine). I even thought about doing research about this applied to the Brazilian economy, although I'm not an economist (and I don't intend to, I find).

There are items that I simply stopped to buy. The worst is when the ingredients used are of lesser quality than before, this is more problematic than the downsizing itself. On my birthday, I went to a pizzeria and I found out that the pizza lost its quality. For now, I do the pizzas for myself and, besides being less expensive, are better by far. The only issue is that I don't have a wood stove, which usually gives a fantastic flavor to the pizza. This is one of the reasons I don't accept seeing people saying inflation as a good thing.

The good news is that my betta's fins are recovering fast.
That’s a big thing here in the USA . The substitution of cheap / inferior ingredients . Nabisco Saltine crackers are as bland and flavorless as wallpaper paste . The same price though . I’m like you in that I’ve stopped buying certain things . Almost ready to start baking my own bread because store bought bread is stale and tasteless. I wonder if the world food supply is diminished more than they are letting on and they are trying to stretch things . Farmland goes for luxury housing development while the world population goes up and up . Countries with despotic rulers are bombing farmland and crops are not being harvested . There is one thing that EVERY politician dreads - food riots .

YIPPEE!!! I'm finally done assembling my new furniture as of today. The new end table arrived today and is done. Especially considering that the end table is from a different company than the coffee table and entertainment center I'm kind of amazed by how well it fits in.

The brown wire cover is just to hold a USB cable going from my main system to a powered USB hub under the easy chair. While the brown wire cover works it stands out a lot. I MAY change to one that is more of a beige or tan color to fit in better with the carpet.

All in all I'm very pleased and relieved that I don't have to assemble any more furniture. :)

This is the new end table but turned 90 degrees to show how well the metal frame goes with the coffee table with the 'X' patterns. Actually it MAY end up this way but I haven't really decided yet.
IMG_0217.JPG

This is how the end table actually sits right now. As said above this MAY change.
IMG_0222.JPG

Could not ask for a better match on the wood on the end table and entertainment center.
IMG_0227.JPG

Last edited:
Got a haircut today in preparation for the wedding, super simple, just evening out the choppy cuts I always give myself. I’ve been growing out my hair since the engagement, and I absolutely can’t wait to chop it all off after. The weight is absolutely horrid and heaven forbid I wash my hair or get it wet, or the CCI makes C1-C3 slip out of place, each vertebrae in different directions and then I can’t function for a few days 😂

Will be such a relief to cut it short again, although I will miss my long hair it’s a sacrifice I have to make for my sanity

My face has started to droop again on the right side, evidence that I possibly had another mini-stroke in my sleep, or maybe my killer headache on Saturday was actually a mini stroke? Who knows at this point, I’m alive and so far no more added noticeable brain damage like last time!

We got a lot done today. Tonight I will be dyeing the flower girl dress (they only had white available, and I needed ivory), creating a checklist for the day-of coordinator, and emailing my photographer, videographer, and my autonomic neurologist as well as my general neurologist.

Late tonight I will be working on my final book illustrations as the deadline is the day before the wedding

Got a haircut today in preparation for the wedding, super simple, just evening out the choppy cuts I always give myself. I’ve been growing out my hair since the engagement, and I absolutely can’t wait to chop it all off after. The weight is absolutely horrid and heaven forbid I wash my hair or get it wet, or the CCI makes C1-C3 slip out of place, each vertebrae in different directions and then I can’t function for a few days 😂

Will be such a relief to cut it short again, although I will miss my long hair it’s a sacrifice I have to make for my sanity

My face has started to droop again on the right side, evidence that I possibly had another mini-stroke in my sleep, or maybe my killer headache on Saturday was actually a mini stroke? Who knows at this point, I’m alive and so far no more added noticeable brain damage like last time!

We got a lot done today. Tonight I will be dyeing the flower girl dress (they only had white available, and I needed ivory), creating a checklist for the day-of coordinator, and emailing my photographer, videographer, and my autonomic neurologist as well as my general neurologist.

Late tonight I will be working on my final book illustrations as the deadline is the day before the wedding
Gosh really hoping the droop goes away before next week! Last time it only lasted a couple hours thankfully. Already seems lessened but we will see
6988CF53-8B0C-4CF2-8F02-6C11CC49FFD7.jpeg

The good news is that probably is not so far from getting a good TOEFL score (I'm practicing with the TOEFL GO).

Also, today I did another partial water change and recorded this simple video:

Today I managed to do nothing of what I had planned to do ... somehow I ended up repotting most of my house plants (which I'll hold my hands up and admit is becoming a problem...I may need help)...

Today I managed to do nothing of what I had planned to do ... somehow I ended up repotting most of my house plants (which I'll hold my hands up and admit is becoming a problem...I may need help)...
Houseplants anonymous may be able to help, but I will admit I believe it’s an addiction that needs no cure…..
I say as I am propagating plants instead of making wedding things😵‍💫

Houseplants anonymous may be able to help, but I will admit I believe it’s an addiction that needs no cure…..
House plants and aquatics... Two things that are very easy to be addicted to...
I've combined the two LOL

It's a problem I don't mind having. The trouble is, I obsess over a particular plant and then can't stop buying as many as I can collect...until I see something else and have to have 50 of those too! I don't have the best climate for most things and they end up dying a tragic death. I cannot for the life of me keep a calathea alive 🥺 which makes me so sad because I NEED them....all of them.

But I've just discovered alocasias and I'm already afraid. I just know in my bones that I'm about to remortgage the house to buy a whole forest of them :drool:

My maid of honor just tested positive for Covid. Since getting sick could easily land me in the hospital she may not be able to be there… she was supposed to fly in tomorrow afternoon. Friend since preschool, best friend since middle school, traveled across the country together at 18, and she might not be able to be there 😔

My maid of honor just tested positive for Covid. Since getting sick could easily land me in the hospital she may not be able to be there… she was supposed to fly in tomorrow afternoon. Friend since preschool, best friend since middle school, traveled across the country together at 18, and she might not be able to be there 😔
Is she actually ill?

Is she actually ill?
Yes she is, as is everyone else I’ve come across who tests positive. Both myself and my dad have long covid, and the second time I got Covid it made it even worse.

Yes she is, as is everyone else I’ve come across who tests positive. Both myself and my dad have long covid, and the second time I got Covid it made it even worse.
My grandmother who's 80 tested positive and never had a single symptom.
I guess it's hit or miss.

Most reactions

Back