What are you doing today?

My grandmother who's 80 tested positive and never had a single symptom.
I guess it's hit or miss.
It's so strange...how the same virus can manifest so differently in certain people, or in your granny's case not at all. Doesn't make sense.

Sorry @JuiceBox52 that can't be easy news to digest 😕 nothing ever happens the way we plan them

My maid of honor just tested positive for Covid. Since getting sick could easily land me in the hospital she may not be able to be there… she was supposed to fly in tomorrow afternoon. Friend since preschool, best friend since middle school, traveled across the country together at 18, and she might not be able to be there 😔
I'm so sorry Gius

My mother loves to cultivate Phalaenopsis sp. Gardening here is very uncommon, so it's a surprise for many people around here.
1694643915657.png

A few days ago, I was going to our deposit at night, when I got slightly scared (seriously, because I had seen these animals several times here) with another Rhinella marina. Because the Tupi language exercised great influence here, they are known as "sapo cururu", where "cururu" is from "kuru'ru", the name given for large toads, while "sapo" may mean "frog" and "toad", although I don't know "sapo" etymology.

This one from the photo below isn't the one I saw a few days ago, but is more and less like this (I really don't know if him was with a thing like a hook on his mouth):
1694644600365.png

Yesterday, I saw another frog (this time smaller) next to the garden, at night. Since our homes are as castles, I don't have any idea from how these animals came here, mainly because these toads can't climb.

My mother loves to cultivate Phalaenopsis sp. Gardening here is very uncommon, so it's a surprise for many people around here.
View attachment 327111

A few days ago, I was going to our deposit at night, when I got slightly scared (seriously, because I had seen these animals several times here) with another Rhinella marina. Because the Tupi language exercised great influence here, they are known as "sapo cururu", where "cururu" is from "kuru'ru", the name given for large toads, while "sapo" may mean "frog" and "toad", although I don't know "sapo" etymology.

This one from the photo below isn't the one I saw a few days ago, but is more and less like this (I really don't know if him was with a thing like a hook on his mouth):
View attachment 327112

Yesterday, I saw another frog (this time smaller) next to the garden, at night. Since our homes are as castles, I don't have any idea from how these animals came here, mainly because these toads can't climb.
Good grief 🥴 I can handle a frog but that thing is enough to get a squeal out of me

You should cone to North Carolina!! There are tons here in the spring and summer 😂
Noooooo thank you 🧐

When I first moved in with my husband, I convinced him to take out this old pond he inherited in the garden. It was a rancid wreck, beyond salvation and the only life it sustained was something from another planet...or at least, so I thought. I smoked at that time, and as I stepped out for my 'last one before bed' smoke, something brushed past my foot. I switched on the outside light and before me sat a myriad of frogs all over every square inch of the garden. I was so taken aback that I quietly put out my cig, slowly retreated backwards into the house and turned off the light. They came every year looking for that pond.

I'm doing a wee morning hour old Perry Mason episodes but also trying to figure out my list for a later grocery shopping. It has been months since I've had red sauce pasta and that is going to happen even if just a small batch. Cheese raviolis WILL be involved. ;)

My problem is that it has been even longer since I've done a beef roast and that is going to end. LOL! I'm just fighting with myself as to the type of roast. The veggie side isn't an issue as either choice would have taters a LOT of carrots. pearl onions and green beans done in a crock pot long cooked in a pot roast type base gravy. Just deciding on the roast. Searing a roast and adding to the veggies in the crock pot as a 'pot roast' is always great but I'm thinking another direction and doing something I haven't probably done in at least fifteen years.

To get a decent roast for this thought would not be cheap but would give several meals. This would be a roast on my in-door rotisserie. It would be cooked long and slow with shallow cuts like one would do with a 'diamond cut' on a ham but not as deep. While the taters and veggies are doing their thing in a crock pot the roast would be doing its own thing. When doing a rotisserie roast it naturally tends to baste itself but, in this case, I'd go as lean as possible. In this case I would have a small sauce pan with BBQ sauce cut with butter to baste the rotisserie roast to have it soak in and also make a BBQ crust. Done this before and it is awesome.

LOL! I think I'm going into feed me mode. I've been so involved in new furniture that I've been living on pizza and sub sandwiches. LOL! Time for my real food to come back.

Hmmm, thinking about it pasta comes first with a very heavy red sauce. My red sauce includes sliced polish sausage, chicken, shrooms, black olives and bell peppers along with cheese.

Then there is the roast idea. Both work but have different ends. If I do a pot roast the remains end in a stew. If I do rotisserie roast the left overs get thin sliced for such things as Philly cheese steaks and other things such as a noodle ramen.

It has been a LONG tme since I've done either red pasta or a roast. Gonna be an real;ly good eating week. ;)

Trying to finish writing my vows and let me tell you I am not a naturally eloquent person 😵‍💫

Still exploring how master's admissions work in the United States... my dog escaped today but, fortunately, I found her thanks to a neighbor who caught her... because Sofia simply was at her house entrance. Okay, this doesn't make sense.

This is what happens when the aquarium's light turns off. The Betta splendens sleeps on the substrate... despite this, he always has to swim to the surface to breathe with its labyrinth. Imagine you're sleeping and having to wake up and walk to another room just to breathe.
1694742230694.jpeg

Still exploring how master's admissions work in the United States... my dog escaped today but, fortunately, I found her thanks to a neighbor who caught her... because Sofia simply was at her house entrance. Okay, this doesn't make sense.

This is what happens when the aquarium's light turns off. The Betta splendens sleeps on the substrate... despite this, he always has to swim to the surface to breathe with its labyrinth. Imagine you're sleeping and having to wake up and walk to another room just to breathe.
View attachment 327163
Fish, along with birds, Are able yo 'sleep' one side of their brain while the other side is still active. Aquatic mammals such as whales also do this. The awake side does the needed stuff while the other side sleeps. This is why birds don't fall off perches and aquatic mammals don't drown.

It's a beautiful sunny day. If I were an 19th century fisherman, I might even go out to sea to work. But lurking over the horizon is a hurricane - Lee. It's supposed to make landfall less than an hour from here, within the next day.

As a 19th century fisherman, I would not have seen the 20th century. I mean, it wasn't a bad century for the first decade...

The first winds are checking in, with light gusts. I have secured everything that could go flying, and done all the things I've read I should do. Hurricanes used to be beyond rare for us as the sea temperatures turned them into bad storms. That's brought Lee to a less dangerous level, but the record sea temperatures are changing things. We have to learn new strategies for a changing environment. Poseidon ain't feeling friendly.

We've already become resigned and world weary about them. Hey, it's only a category one. We had that 2 years ago...

The guy up the road has decided maybe this is real, this time. Unfortunately, I won't have inflated pool toys flying through the yard this time. No unicorns. Shame that.

And I know some idiots are stocking up on substances so they can drive down to the beach and watch the breakers tomorrow - the sea only got 3 cars last hurricane, and no-one died. The firemen who did the rescuing had to risk their lives.

Fish like big storms. With luck, if the fishroom isn't damaged, the Cichlids will spawn with the massive air pressure change. Fish love that stuff.

Finished my final 6 illustrations for my client tonight, finished at 3am. Will call her and send them to her tomorrow, and hope she doesn’t request any re-do panels because after the wedding I just want to nap and not work lol

Most reactions

Back