What are you doing today?

3) Cover the rug with something waterproof. I use an old curtain with a rubber-type thermal backing. Or a plastic sheet with a towel on top would work well (towel to soak up spillage, plastic sheet to stop it going through to the rug)
Hmmm, I DO happen to have a spare shower curtain liner that would work. Good idea, thanks. Funny thing is that it is so obvious that I'm a bit ashamed for not thinking of it. ;)

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines as @Essjay. One of those plastic drop cloths from the painting section at Home Depot, etc.
I think that the shower curtain liner will do just fine and folds up small. :) Thanks for the thought but a painting drop cloth would probably be a bit of over kill. My tank is just a 20 gallon cube and I use a three gallon bucket for changes.

The US Navy Blue Angels are in town this weekend burning up 1000 gallons of Jet A per plane per hour . Yeah , I looked it up . Fuel consumption per hour for an F-18 Super Hornet is 1000 gallons per hour .

Don't believe I actually got this shot with a little Olympus 3.2MP camera.
jet20.jpg

Making lots of things today! Here is a flower girl basket (decorated by me) full of handmade boutonnières, also made by me!

I also created my bouquet, and now must make the bridesmaids bouquets and the corsages

My arch is almost done as well, and then for the centerpieces!
8744A063-A54F-4CF0-B5F1-442D700A4C6E.jpeg

Working up the fortitude to start putting together my new coffee table...

Coffee table just arrived. Even though I didn't expect it to the lighting remote works on both the entertainment center and coffee table. One less clicker is always good. ;)

The LED lights for the coffee table has a battery pack but, since I'll be putting a powered USB hub in one of the compartments, I don't know that I'll use the battery pack.

I made a good choice getting the table in black marble. The light areas in the marble will tie in with the wood surface on the entertainment center. Of course the table is not real marble. ;)

Pictures will follow...

Flowers, flowers and more flowers. And then later tonight, dog training. He did really well on his training session in ross on Saturday, and his first trip to the beach the same day!
C6279E13-1432-4499-B83C-2E2728765D0E.jpeg
8390F555-2C2C-439A-A8D4-C9DB00A4446A.jpeg
2A3D56A6-4EFE-48F6-8E58-B9FBA93964BE.jpeg
70258BDF-23FD-401E-AC2F-98B7906D00AF.jpeg
64034706-CAA7-4C3D-9410-B2A558198952.jpeg
82377EFE-D42E-4E7D-B2E9-5D517967FA41.jpeg

Sigh, an issue with the lighting for the table. Leave it off for a while then turn on and it is fine but fails to respond to the remote and starts fading in and out within a few minutes. I've already solved the issue but contacted the outfit's support before the actual problem dawned on me. The table lights come with a 3-AA battery pack which is what I'm currently using. The thing is that normal AA batteries are 1.5 V and rechargeable are only 1.2 V. Boils down to I was actually only feeding 3.6 V instead of the designed 4.5 V. It has now been running on normal batteries for ~45minutes without issue.

Since the table lighting is the same as the entertainment center to the point that either remote works for both at the same time I see no issue with going from the normal AA battery pack giving 4.5 V to the powered USB hub giving 5.0 V that will go in a cubicle on the table for my head set and game pad giving 5.0 V should be fine but I asked their support first just o play safe. Going from the battery pack's intended 4.5 V to the hub's 5.0 V should not be any impact but going from the actual intended 5.0 V to rechargeable 3.6 V is a pretty big difference. I think all is good but want confirmation from their support on using the powered hub before connecting just to be safe.

Oh, going from the rechargeable 3.6 V to regular batteries at 4.5 V also has made the table lighting brighter. Going from the battery's 4.5 V to 5.0 V using the hub MAY give a slight increase in brightness but probably not even noticeable. Also the remote has brightness controls.

Can't wait to see the total ambiance when all is done. Still have a corner desk sitting in my living room that will be gone tomorrow or the next day. Was supposed to be gone already but the recipient had to go out of town and just got back today.

I'm REALLY liking this! The new coffee table is like 2-3 inches taller and feels different but the old table was too low and I had to hunch a bit to use my keyboard. Already feels a bit better. I mean I have a rock 2-wick oil candle on my dinette table along with a couple of regular candles. Also, hanging by chain from the ceiling above my kitchen counter, are 2 battery fake candle lanterns. I think when totally finished it is going to be pretty kick butt. :)

Commuted for about 22.1 km to another city on a Fiat Mille... just to take two forms for my mother's appointments (for some reason, politicians love to build several speed bumps, without markings and some standardizing... even on highways). Yeah, Brazil's bureaucracy is powerful, and titanic. Besides this, I also did some weight training at the gym. Although I'm feeling like training to be a dimachareus, is just to doing something good for my body and mind.

And yes, my brine shrimp culture is doing well, yet, not knowing how these creatures are doing so well to a so simple setup. I hope some potential advisor becomes interested in this mystery.

1692062465735.jpeg
1692062477800.jpeg
1692062486266.jpeg
1692062493111.jpeg
1692062502763.jpeg

I sent a resume for an upcoming event from my undergraduate... justly about the artemias. I hope the committee accepts. I'm also thinking about giving a mini course relating to brine shrimp.

Also, I did a partial water change in my betta's tank.

Last day of summer vacation today. It has been a decidedly non-restful vacation, what with DIY home renovations and huge road trips. Hm, I think I might grab the fly rod and head up the hill. I hear a large-ish brown trout calling me.

Looking at fish forums wondering why the heck there is all these blue outline thingys... It's messing with my head and it doesn't fit the color scheme

I thought my laptop had gone wrong when I loaded TFF this morning. It was done when the software was upgraded yesterday (overnight in my time zone)

Most reactions

Back