What are you doing today?

Caught some fishies. This guy was the biggest catch of the day (I actually caught another one about the same size, but I had my limit of browns by then so I let it go). Probably weighed two pounds, which is a decent fish for this water. I fought him for probably ten minutes or so, and man was it fun! You can't fight a fish like this too aggressively on light tackle or you'll break your line.1 That goes double in very strong current. He headed downstream and I had to follow him for quite a way through some inconveniently deep whitewater.2 I got a little wet 3 but finally brought him to the net.
IMG_0513.JPG

1: I know. I've done the research.
2: Fisherman code: I went swimming.
3: I was only slightly dryer than the fish.

Anybody want to guess what's for supper at Badger Manor?
IMG_0514.JPG

Well, the local county fair has ended for this year. I entered a crocheted sweater into the teenage needle arts, and entered some photos. I also volunteered at the fair this year, and it was really cool to get to see some of the behind the scenes. I picked up my stuff Sunday, and am only now putting it away!
IMG_20230815_182209903.jpg
IMG_20230815_182000494.jpg
IMG_20230815_181952110.jpg
IMG_20230815_181944517.jpg

Finally got all the paraphernalia off my chair, is now back to being Claude's throne. Claude is my Pirate Eeyore. He seems to like sitting there next to me on my couch but he won't admit. He really likes the surround sound headset as he can't hear Terabit, my cockatiel, sounding off. In fact, on several occasions, we have fought over the headset. Once he actually bit me which was really hard for him as his mouth does not open. Still not sure how he managed to bite.
:dunno:

Then there are the 3 bears which are happy to have Claude out of their faces. Baby bear on the right is happy to have gotten a new chair. Mama bear on the left is happy to have family happy and safe again. Daddy bear, in the middle, is a bit sad as he was having an affair with Goldilocks and she is now doing 5-10 for breaking and entering and malicious vandalism.

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

Ya, I know I'm weird but I have fun within my mind. ;)

So with every intent to do my online study course for the exam I watched on horror as my (coming up to 8 year) old PC would not boot past the BIOS screen.

I have the components to build a new one for about a month, but was going to do it after my test. No such luck as I spent most of yesterday remembering how to do this and second guessing myself.

Thought the CPU cooler was missing the thermal paste so spent over an hour driving to Best Buy to pick one up. While there I got myself 3 more case fans though these new builds have minimal hardware (i.e. DVD/Blue ray drives, SD drives...). Heck even the sata drive goes into the motherboard now, though since I didn't get a chance to clear my hard drive I added that to the build as well as another 2T SSD and HDD (solid-state and hard disk drives). I am recycling the video card as I didn't have another grand for a new one and this one is barely 2 years old.

It is basically all together now, just have the cable management and installation of the operating system. Good thing I have a Chromebook so I can download Windows 11. Last computer was build with 7, 8 was available but horrible. Motherboard stopped entering BIOS so couldn't do the free upgrade to 11 when it became available.
1000000878.jpg
1000000880.jpg
1000000879.jpg

Hoping to get another 8+/- years out of this one.
Yes, I like white. My monitor is white too as my last case (the Stormtrooper) was white too.
1000000881.jpg
1000000882.jpg

Attachments

• 1000000881.jpg
    1000000881.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 14
So with every intent to do my online study course for the exam I watched on horror as my (coming up to 8 year) old PC would not boot past the BIOS screen.

I have the components to build a new one for about a month, but was going to do it after my test. No such luck as I spent most of yesterday remembering how to do this and second guessing myself.

Thought the CPU cooler was missing the thermal paste so spent over an hour driving to Best Buy to pick one up. While there I got myself 3 more case fans though these new builds have minimal hardware (i.e. DVD/Blue ray drives, SD drives...). Heck even the sata drive goes into the motherboard now, though since I didn't get a chance to clear my hard drive I added that to the build as well as another 2T SSD and HDD (solid-state and hard disk drives). I am recycling the video card as I didn't have another grand for a new one and this one is barely 2 years old.

It is basically all together now, just have the cable management and installation of the operating system. Good thing I have a Chromebook so I can download Windows 11. Last computer was build with 7, 8 was available but horrible. Motherboard stopped entering BIOS so couldn't do the free upgrade to 11 when it became available.
View attachment 325028View attachment 325029View attachment 325030
Hoping to get another 8+/- years out of this one.
Yes, I like white. My monitor is white too as my last case (the Stormtrooper) was white too.
View attachment 325032View attachment 325033
You can still do a free Windows 11 as a clean install just don't enter a product key during the install. Once in Windows and go to change product key and enter a valid Windows 7 key and it will accept and activate fine. Just be sure to install the version of Windows 11 that matches the Windows 7 code. If Windows 7 Home install Windows 11 Home. If Windows 7 Pro Ultimate install Windows 11 Pro. This also works with Windows 10. My best guess is that it will work the same with a Windows 10 code but have not tested.

This sounds a bit like bootlegging but I don't consider it so as Microsoft is fully aware of this and allows.

Unfortunately I don't have the code for 7, it was so long ago I am unsure where it and my other computer tools/leftover supplies are since I moved twice since building my first gaming PC. Thanks for the tip though!

Currently waiting for windows to finish downloading but I plugged her in and she's purdy.

Also I cleaned up those *$!/#!! wires the best I could. So glad that I got zip ties from the PCU, motherboard and case. I used a bunch along with the Velcro straps that came with the case.
1000000883.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have the code for 7, it was so long ago I am unsure where it and my other computer tools/leftover supplies are since I moved twice since building my first gaming PC. Thanks for the tip though!

Currently waiting for windows to finish downloading but I plugged her in and she's purdy.

Also I cleaned up those *$!/#!! wires the best I could. So glad that I got zip ties from the PCU, motherboard and case. I used a bunch along with the Velcro straps that came with the case.
View attachment 325059
If you have a valid code for Win 8.1 or 10 I imagine either would work but have not proven.

Talk about wires... I have a sata SSD and three spin drives in my main system. My system and clone backup drives are PCIe M.2 drives but cables are not a factor with these. Except for the SSD drives my bedroom system has the same basic setup but all spin drives. The reason for the basic drive duplication on the spinners is that I have a video library of over 1000 titles and the ones on my main are duplicated on the bedroom system. For the sync I use a great app called GoodSync. If one of my media drives (6 and 4 TB drives) failed it would take years to restore my library. With the duplication, if a drive fails, I just open the other system via my network and copy everything back to the new drive. Would take days but a lot better than having to rip all the DVDs again.

Oh, when you had to replace the thermal paste did you get actual paste or use one of those wax packs? Personally I don't like the wax packs as you can't be sure that some of the was isn't trapped which could cause hot spots on the CPU. I use Artic Silver paste and apply manually. If not used to doing this it can seem a bit intimidating but if you use the right tool is pretty easy. LOL! To me the right tool is an expired credit card or empty gift card. The object is to totall cover the surface but as thin as possible. A card edge edge is awesome for doing this. Keep in mind that I used to own a computer build/repair company when I lived in Florida so find all this stuff pretty simple. I must do something right as I'm 100% self taught yet have MVP awards from Microsoft. Kind of funny in that, while I've never taken a computer class, I've taught some at a junior college level.

Anyway, if you want I could discuss such things all day but this isn't really the right forum for that. If you would like to discuss builds and such feel free to private message me and we can go at it.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Spent early hours once again shopping.

New area rug ordered. Actually I went a totally different style but think the colors are a better fit. I did want some geometric affect and I think this rug, especially with the straight black lines, still fits that just in a different way. Also this rug is less likely to show stains that I'm sure will happen as I eat at my coffee table. Shoot, with the table being larger things are not the same as I'm used to having; already knocked over 2 glassed of drink. Fortunately both were ice water so no damage.

I think I'm going to like this more than the original that will go in my bedroom. I've said before about things 'being brought together' and I think this rug will do this better than the original. The darkest parts match the black on my electronics wall but have the lighter streaks that will blend with the marble finish on the coffee table. The middle and lighter colors will blend with the marble top of my dinette and parts of my carpet.

Another plus is that this rug is machine washable while the original is not. Kind of weird with me but I always seem to get discounts. The new rug, original rug and coffee table all here at a discount.

One of the first things I'm going to do with the new rug is to cut the thing. Nothing major just a small slit to run a USB cable and power cord for my USB hub. The table has LED lighting that is best USB powered and I have a USB game pad and headset. A little half inch slit in the rug will allow me to have my powered USB hub in a cubicle on the table with the power cord and USB cable running under the rug. With the headset and game pad then in a cubicle on the table I will cut down from 3-4 wires going across my floor to one that would be the connection from my main system to the hub. Even that one open cable would be short as it would just be visible from the computer to the chair. Everything else would be covered. From the slit in the rug to the table I'll use plastic wire slip ties to bind the two wires to a black leg on the table. Unless someone knew about the wires I doubt that they would even be noticed.

New rug is estimated to arrive Monday, August 21. It's from Amazon and I have Prime but the 2 day Prime free delivery is business days.

Not many reviews, only 5, but all are solid 5 stars. Also, while I don't know where it came from, there was a checkbox to apply a 20% coupon.

Sigh, once everything is finally done I'll post pics of everything.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C629P78Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
2nd rug.jpg

Just entered an art award specifically for artists who have a rare disease (affecting less than 200,00 people in the USA) I’ll be notified october 1st if I made it into the 20 finalists. We shall see.

I was able to enter 2 pieces

Just entered an art award specifically for artists who have a rare disease (affecting less than 200,00 people in the USA) I’ll be notified october 1st if I made it into the 20 finalists. We shall see.

Good luck!

Kick butt girl!!! :)

Today I'm feeling blessed in that I'm not affected by a total mess in my apartment building!

A local plumbing outfit was in replacing some water valves in around 20 units. Well they botched the job and 3 units and a hallway ended up flooded. Fortunately my apartment didn't need a replacement so I have not been personally affected but I feel bad for those that were. Two units were so bad that it wasn't just wet carpet but standing water with the ceilings 'raining' water. Repairs are going to cost the plumbing outfit, or their insurance, a fortune! Would not have been nearly as bad it things broke while the plumbers were here but it all exploded hours after they left. :(

Today I’m looking in some stores for some white pants for my rehearsal dinner, picking up my wedding dress from the seamstress, and picking up my paintings from the venue they are displayed at for my market tomorrow!

Most reactions

Back