What are you doing today?

So you're not doing anything or not doing nothing? There's a difference
Funny you should mention that because I wondered about that . I did go out and check the mail and I pulled one weed so I have been pretty busy . So in all actuality I did do something just not anything to crow about . However , I am getting ready to do nothing right now .

Sort of odd... My new rug for under the new coffee table showed up today. What's odd is that it does not yet show as shipped. :dunno: Mayhaps I'll get two of them. If I do it will bring up an ethical issue as to keep or return. I'll probably contact and offer to return as long as they pay the return shipping. In all probability they will just tell me to keep it. Can't remember what it was but it happened before once and said to just keep.

Actually good it is here early as it will have time to flatten out before the table arrives, probably Monday.

Little bit of a latest start, but today I will be breaking down the 75, the Pavos eels will be going to Fish Planet; the dojos, Borneo eel, royal pleco,and danios will be going to 125 and the common pleco to the acrylic 120.

Depending on how fast it goes 🤞I may tackle the two 20L tanks as well. However I need to be able to get the Pavos to the fish store before they close.

Mopped the house, did a training session with Marcello, now just waiting for guests to arrive (and trying not to fall asleep)

Getting ready for a small non-leisure trip and I'm feeling exhausted for no reason lol

🐾
FE8E5C2A-7A73-4B92-A1D0-5A8360096E04.jpeg
C17C72AE-4B12-48A3-8DBB-43C9400AB896.jpeg
B8E0D501-2C88-43F7-8D30-83175D252655.jpeg
BF2AAD71-2C78-4CAD-BCBD-9B4C65AA0A5E.jpeg

Hmmm. doing a little contemplating as far as my new rug and water changes for my aquarium. The rug will be partially in an area the bucket for water changes usually sits on the floor and the rug is light colored and there is always 'dirt' in the siphoned water. I'm afraid of some water spillage, which often happens, staining the rug. This rug is not machine washable or able to be dry cleaned so needs professional rug cleaning. Have to get with the seller to see if those rentable carpet cleaners would be OK. If a yes on that I could use such a unit to, now and then, clean both my carpet and rug. Still I don't want spillage from water changes on the new area rug.

I figure I have two options for this...

1) I could put the bucket on the new table for water changes but that would put the bucket much higher in relation to the tank which would lessen the siphon strength a lot. Also the chance of spillage would be the same and water could run off the table and still get to the rug. Spillage could also possibly cause water damage to the new table.

2) Get some tubing for the siphon to extend to where it is not in the area of the rug. Doing this I could keep the bucket away from the rug. As this would also put the bucket back on the floor the siphon suction would be, at least, close to current if not the same. I guess that I'd need to get two different lengths of tubing as I use two siphons one of which is smaller than the other to get between plants and such although I MAY be able to get an adapter that would allow me to use either siphon head on the same hose. All in all I think this to be the better choice.

Ya, I DO over think at times but it is better than under thinking. I would rather over think than under think and then try to fix. after ;)

3) Cover the rug with something waterproof. I use an old curtain with a rubber-type thermal backing. Or a plastic sheet with a towel on top would work well (towel to soak up spillage, plastic sheet to stop it going through to the rug)

Most reactions

Back