What are you doing today?

Watching Little League regional playoff games. I love watching these kids play. Game on now is Illinois vs Ohio. Since I'm originally from Ohio... ;) Winner of this game goes on to the Little League World Series. Ohio is up 4-0 with 1 inning to go.

Dealing with a fraudulent repair company, insurance, and chaos. As well as a broken down electric car that needs towed to be repaired, and a whole bunch of other chaos before my bridal shower on Saturday 😳

This sweatshirt that I drew on and designed for a friend came back to me today, thought you all might appreciate the art
98B67D91-1494-4F26-AE4A-F5E2CA29DEEE.jpeg
0F6DAC6B-FBA4-44A8-B3E4-F92D8181C5DF.jpeg

If anyone here wants it, I’d give it to you for free, just pay shipping. It’s a unisex size small I believe.

Otherwise it’s going in the clothing drive bin

This sweatshirt that I drew on and designed for a friend came back to me today, thought you all might appreciate the art
View attachment 324584View attachment 324585

If anyone here wants it, I’d give it to you for free, just pay shipping. It’s a unisex size small I believe.

Otherwise it’s going in the clothing drive bin
Actually I'd love it but I don't really deal well with a small size. Awesome work!

I truly hope that the thing coming back to you is not due to a bad situation.

Actually I'd love it but I don't really deal well with a small size. Awesome work!

I truly hope that the thing coming back to you is not due to a bad situation.
It’s a family friend who is on rough terms with our family and made their child give it back

It’s a family friend who is on rough terms with our family and made their child give it back
That is sad. :( It is a shame that so many parents force their kids into their 'adult' politics. Mayhaps, if the child really liked the thing, you could store it until the smoke clears and give it back... :dunno:

That is sad. :( It is a shame that so many parents force their kids into their 'adult' politics. Mayhaps, if the child really liked the thing, you could store it until the smoke clears and give it back... :dunno:
She’s 14 now, and I think was on the verge of outgrowing it, so it would have been donated anyway. I did think of that though!

She’s 14 now, and I think was on the verge of outgrowing it, so it would have been donated anyway. I did think of that though!
I still think it a shame especially if she liked it a lot. Your work on it is beautiful and there is/was such things as hope chests. Mayhaps she could have kept it for her own daughter one day in the future.

Sigh, you know I'm an old fart... Are hope chests something that still happens? :dunno:

I still think it a shame especially if she liked it a lot. Your work on it is beautiful and there is/was such things as hope chests. Mayhaps she could have kept it for her own daughter one day in the future.

Sigh, you know I'm an old fart... Are hope chests something that still happens? :dunno:
I agree!

They are still a thing, but not so common. I think it’s a cool idea, and I have kept some things from my childhood for my future kids (if I’m ever able to have children)

Aren't hope chests like things you'd want to pass down to your kids? You put stuff you'd want them to have in there?

Aren't hope chests like things you'd want to pass down to your kids? You put stuff you'd want them to have in there?
That is one possibility but normally they are a chest or other container that a woman stashes stuff that she wants/hopes will be a factor in her future life. At least that was the case in my old ancient days. ;)

Most reactions

Back