What are you doing today?

Happy 56th Stan and many more good years ahead.
I just went to an 86 year old’s birthday party for a cousin. Hope we all make it that far.

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy 56th Stan and many more good years ahead.
I just went to an 86 year old’s birthday party for a cousin. Hope we all make it that far.
Thank you all...
It's been a great day thusfar...
birthday thx2.jpg

Had a chance to re-home my SA dwarf Smiling Cichlids but passed on it. The person wanted them just for the purpose of getting rid of bladder snails then intended to get rid of them, Just didn't feel right to me as when I asked how she would get rid of them she said "however is needed... toilets work". People like that should not be allowed to have fish or any other critter.

These cichlids I have are decent fish but more aggressive than advertised. I have to have Panda Garras but these cichlids will kill them within a day. Oddly my rope fish won't bother Pandas but ropes are a more docile predator. LOL! The rope could not even have a chance of catching a Panda.

Had a chance to re-home my SA dwarf Smiling Cichlids but passed on it. The person wanted them just for the purpose of getting rid of bladder snails then intended to get rid of them, Just didn't feel right to me as when I asked how she would get rid of them she said "however is needed... toilets work". People like that should not be allowed to have fish or any other critter.

These cichlids I have are decent fish but more aggressive than advertised. I have to have Panda Garras but these cichlids will kill them within a day. Oddly my rope fish won't bother Pandas but ropes are a more docile predator. LOL! The rope could not even have a chance of catching a Panda.
Your cichlids thank you for your thoughtfulness.

Returned from a 3 week vacation on Sunday, didn’t want to jinx it posting too soon, but I feel safe now in saying there were no casualties or illnesses from my absence. All that fussing over food timers, plants and extra filtration, and decreasing stock to LFS’s paid off. Even the 5 gallon with some last minute rescues from an outdoor tank in the days before leaving did very well. Those were some mutt babies who had hid when I rounded up all their friends and gave them to an LFS - luckily I had kept the filter running and dropped food in just in case before I discovered them still hanging out. Thanks to 10Tanks as I believe the aglaenomas floating in that tank were key to their survival and no ammonia, nitrites, or nitrates upon my return. None of the tanks had positive nitrites or nitrates, but of course this was most surprising in the 5 gallon.

Found my coffee table and just ordered. Once again I hit the right time as it is on sale for $70.00 off.
I will flip it 180 degrees to have the LED lighting face the entertainment center going by the following image. The top is clear glass but the flipping 180 degrees will bring the wood part of the surface toward me for mouse use.

It isn't an exact match as to the wood part but the black should blend it all in. Here is an image. Just picture it with the LED lighted part reversed and facing the entertainment center. I think I'm going to like this. :) The following image does not really reflect the look my place will have but gives an idea as to how the entertainment center and coffee table will work together.

CoffeeTableswithStorage_20ColorsLedLights_10.jpg

The width of this thing is perfect for my couch and easy chair. The width is longer than my current thing and should cover the couch while leaving leg room for the easy chair. My current table length is only 35 inches. This unit is 42 inch. Does not seem like a lot of difference but will mean a lot as to the balance of it all fitting together.

I REALLY needed a drastic change and I think this is going to work well. Especially with the LED lighting my apartment will take on a 'modern look'. Since I'm a tech junkie this should fit.

I can't wait to get the new table as I really think I'm gonna love this. :)

Getting exited! Just dawned on me that the NFL is back in like 13 hours! Just the pre season Hall Of Fame game but it has my Browns against the Jets. Even if just pre season it is still football. :) :)

Sigh, spend over half an hour trying to figure out why the NFL Hall Of Fame game isn't on TV and I couldn't get it to stream through NFL+. DUH, Mayhaps because it is on tomorrow, not today... Think I'm getting senile. :dunno:

Was chilling with Luna in the backyard...
20230803_143004.jpg

Sigh, spend over half an hour trying to figure out why the NFL Hall Of Fame game isn't on TV and I couldn't get it to stream through NFL+. DUH, Mayhaps because it is on tomorrow, not today... Think I'm getting senile. :dunno:
Never mind NFL, where is that frog?? Or was that just another figment of your senility? 🤭

Most reactions

Back