What are you doing today?

I returned from a week at the beach with the grandkids. All of my fish are doing well upon my arrival home. They were not fed during my seven day absence. Boy did they chow down.

While watching a baseball game today an ad came on for an on-line banking outfit that made me wonder how many people fall for the 'get your direct deposits 3 days early' con. I don't know if 'con' is exactly right but it is a bit misleading.

OK, so my military disability pension shows as active in my account on the first of each month unless the first is a weekend or holiday. If a weekend or holidy it is active in my account the last business day before. Now these deposits will show as pending ~3 days prior to being active in my account. Now according to these on-line banking outfits I would always have it become active as soon as it now shows as pending. I have no doubt that this may well be true but does it really make any difference after the first month? So, for August I'd have my deposits become active on the first. Today is the twenty ninth and show as pending. While it well may be true that I would see these deposits active today I don't see where it really makes a difference.

My point is that, after the first month, there will still be the same number of days between deposits becoming active as always. With my above example my next case of these deposits would be the twenty ninth of August. It is still 31 days between activation of deposits. What is the difference?

I would not use on-line banking anyway as I want my bank to have a local brick and mortar present so I can go in and actually talk to a person face to face if there were to be an issue.

Sorry, just my minor rant of the day. ;)

Getting to the wee hours of the morning but I'm thinking about re-homing my dwarf SA Smiling cichlids. I REALLY find myself missing my Panda Garras but I can't find them large enough to survive my cichlids. My cichlids are only about 2 inches but put in a half inch Panda Garra and it does not have a chance. While I love SA cichlids I am finding myself loving Pandas more. Also, with my tank size I can't even have the SA cichlids I truly love such as blue acara. I get away with my 7.5 inch rope fish through having heavy filtration and vertical caves but a 6 inch blue acara just isn't gonna work in a 20 gallon cube.

I just want my Pandas back and it isn't gonna work with my cichlids. One may ask why the Pandas could survive the larger rope fish but they did before before adding the cichlids. The thing is that a rope hunts by smell and vibration as they are near to being blind. For them to really 'hit' another fish as food the whole thing has to fit in their mouth. Also Panda are just plain too fast for a rope but not a fast enough for an aggressive cichlid.

One way or another I've decided that I MUST have my Pandas back I see my rope fish and 4-6 Panda Garra as a total population. I would find myself totally happy with that. Since I got the cichlids from 'Dan's Fish' I hope they will take them back. I would not ask for money back but would not turn down. ;)

These beasties are just SO much like puppies I can no longer do without. I've really tried but I have to have Pandas.

Sort of a long post and mayhaps better in another forum but is what I'm about right now at this time today. How can one do without a puppy fish that clings to your hand and says 'HI'.
Panda Garra on hand-small.jpg

Still up and about. Sun is up and saying hello. I have the window blinds by my tank slit to where the sun rise affects. I just thought the following image kind of cool as to showing the reds in some of my plants due to iron supplements. :) This is my early morning view of my little tank. May be small at just 20 gallons but I sort of kinda like the thing. I don't really understand why early morning sun light brings out so much red but I like. Later in the day I don't see so much red. Sorry about the light burst on the left but my camera wanted to use it's flash. Even with the light burst it was the best shot when I've been up for like 23 hours ;) ;)

IMG_0074-small.JPG

Last edited:
So far today I have picked up the same tub of stickle bricks approximately 8000 times, referreed 10,000 fights between the 5yo and the 2yo, washed up 90 coffee cups, mopped up a flooded bathroom after the 2yo 'washed' his hands, screamed into a pillow 5 times, shovelled worm and woodlouse infested soil into a swimming pool sized skip, ran away from a spider the size of a large pony and cleaned pee off the toilet seat more times than I can remember....

My plans for the rest of the evening after putting the terrorists to bed includes a large bottle of wine and crying myself to sleep 🥴

So far today I have picked up the same tub of stickle bricks approximately 8000 times, referreed 10,000 fights between the 5yo and the 2yo, washed up 90 coffee cups, mopped up a flooded bathroom after the 2yo 'washed' his hands, screamed into a pillow 5 times, shovelled worm and woodlouse infested soil into a swimming pool sized skip, ran away from a spider the size of a large pony and cleaned pee off the toilet seat more times than I can remember....

My plans for the rest of the evening after putting the terrorists to bed includes a large bottle of wine and crying myself to sleep 🥴
Some people have all the fun .

Well you have a beautiful backyard 😂
Here’s the photos of the actual location(I didn’t take these, the camp director did). The circled photo is where the ceremony will be held, you can see behind the trees but there’s a stage on the lakeshore and benches. Got to go spend some time there today with the camp director and some of my coworkers from last year working there.
EFA70DFD-3CB7-4118-9200-EEE5F860B6E3.jpeg
E6C5E613-C548-4B74-81D6-8343E0A9F025.jpeg
01C7C98B-AD56-49E7-8DBD-63BF936A4E83.jpeg
84242E16-ED03-453C-A143-667EA3619AD0.jpeg
D228ED14-3469-40E1-A16B-96221BBBBD74.jpeg
071DDC83-EF81-4555-BB6C-D5451F0B8653.jpeg

Most reactions

Back