What are you doing today?

Went to see D&D, it was good...the 4 adult males sitting right behind us kicking the chairs, shouting male genetalia vocabulary, snoring and talking during the movie...not so great.👶🚼
"Adult" males~~~

Went to see D&D, it was good...the 4 adult males sitting right behind us kicking the chairs, shouting male genetalia vocabulary, snoring and talking during the movie...not so great.👶🚼
Always sad when people ruin the experience for others...

Yeah, I was very surprised with their actions as they seemed to be late 20's. Theater wasn't full at all with maybe 10 people, but those 4 did ruin it for us.
If they wanted to be loud during the movie, they should have just waited till they could watch it at home as a group and joke around there where they wouldn't be bothering anyone... Hopefully there weren't any little kids that had to hear them saying that kind of stuff either...
Theater and public etiquette...

Handling my babies so they’re friendly like the rest of the flock they’ll be joining :)
1B4E186A-4CD3-47F5-9211-2320C11AE4EA.jpeg
92344DFA-BBA6-4CBA-9FC5-E678C82E6C2B.jpeg
1255E870-6522-49A6-8AFE-196C87DA74E7.jpeg

People have begun to act like maybe, just maybe, we're turning a corner season-wise. The extra day off sent people working in their gardens, which was nice to see. It's far too early to plant here, but people are starting projects they've thought about all winter. Tomorrow, I start knocking out the rotten walls of an old shed. I'll use the solid frame to build a plastic sheet unheated greenhouse to extend my growing season.

I went to the Halifax explosion memorial yesterday. In 1917 2 ships collided in the narrows of the harbour, across the street from where I'm writing this. The cargo was ammunition, and it caused one of the largest non nuclear explosions up to the point. More than 1700 people died, and much of the city was destroyed. I was helping a family member with her garden, and you have to be careful because every shovel brings up so much glass. It's a stark reminder that hits me every time I work here. It was a long time ago, but not when you dig into it, like many things.

I imagine this sort of discovery isn't rare in Europe, but in North America, you don't hit these spots often.

This week I start volunteering at one of my old trades - teaching English - this time to refugees. I haven't taught language for 20 years. It'll be fun to make myself useful.

So things are starting, and there will be new growth. It's Spring!

On our way to the Chicago Botanic Garden (in Glencoe, IL). Last time I was here was when my Sister was in a stroller, Sis has been there more recently. There is a 13 year age gap between the two of us.

I promise we walked around outside too but this was the greenhouses that we went through. There were some magnolias and a lot of spring bulbs blooming but I saved my camera for the greenhouses, there were three.

Just got me a full set of free cartridges for my printer, 6 cartridges total, as I noticed I was on my last set. Well, actually do not have the cartridges yet but they will be free. My apartments have a little perk called 'Resident Rewards' where you acquire points. Shoot, they give you points just for paying rent on time. There are also points given for passing quizzes on things dealing with fire and water safety and other stuff.

Took a couple of quizzes to get my points up and cashed in for $60.00USD worth of gift cards which will get me the full set of ink cartridges. Due to this perk I haven't actually paid out of pocket for ink in years.

Most reactions

Back