Show Me Your Car!

The type r still looks nice, though 0-60 in 6.2? I assume you've already played with the engine then.

Honda only claims 6.6 from 197BHP (200PS), mind you, as we covered earlier with the skylines, some of the japanese manufacturers seem to under-claim the performance of their vehicles.

I have some sympathy for people who mod the outside of the car after they have tweaked the engine to improve performance, but as I pointed earlier in the thread...that engine is a strange beast.

Wonder how it would cope with a turbo bolted on...

6.6 is the last version. mines a premier (last off the production line) lighter flywheel and a few other small changes. book quotes 6.2 but either way not a lot in it. i think your right with the BHP i was generalising

i dont know of any turbo CTR's, god knows what it's drive like with a turbo boost at the bottom of the revs and an IV-TEC boost at 6K it'd scare the pants off me. it's fast enough as it is. i do know of a guy near me with a JDM one (japanese version) super charged, loads of extras. puts out about 400BHP i think. and the noise of the thing. god it'd shatter windows when it's in full vtec mode (he's lowered that to 4K as well, madness)

my car at the end of the summer

cimg03367lm.jpg

my new shell for the same car as it is now

cimg12424ho.jpg

as you can see the old one is in the background the new shell is on its side...

money hole :eek:

this is why i cant go bonkers on a nice tank lol

Hi Jimbooo, I watched a programme on car theft in manchester the other night and those Type-R Civics were one of the most popular and easy to steal so make sure you have a good alarm & immobiliser! Nice Car though!!

Hi Jimbooo, I watched a programme on car theft in manchester the other night and those Type-R Civics were one of the most popular and easy to steal so make sure you have a good alarm & immobiliser! Nice Car though!!

lol, yeah i know. the most common carjacked car in the UK. i have a thatcham cat 1 alarm with immobiliser. if that fails it's a company car anyway......

the forum i'm on www.civictype-r.co.uk actually has a "stolen" section that has a few new posts in it every day. loads of people telling storys of their carjacking etc... 90% are in manchester though so i dont worry too much about it.

Aww...you wanna get the pants scared off ya? My cousin's husband who owns his own company also owns a 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Now, he has a 402 cubic inch LS1 engine in it with a turbonetics turbocharger (a lot more but too much to list). All that flows thru a beefed up T-56 six speed and 3.73 rear gears. He recently had a test/tune session at a local chassis dyno and his baseline run was a hair under 540 hp at the rear wheels. After about an hour of dyno pulls and re-tunes he picked up an extra 40 horsepower....that's damn near 600 ponies! (I'm obviously rounding off, I don't have the dyno sheets with me)

He has about $45-50k in his car...not including the purchase price (he doesn't tally it up because his wife/my cousin would kill him). That thing is rediculous, on street tires he runs in the mid 11s in the high 120's/low 130 mph...I wanna bolt some slicks on and find out what it can do.

I will say it is nice to see people on here that have both my "addictions", cars and aquariums...I felt outta place for a while!

Aww...you wanna get the pants scared off ya? My cousin's husband who owns his own company also owns a 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Now, he has a 402 cubic inch LS1 engine in it with a turbonetics turbocharger (a lot more but too much to list). All that flows thru a beefed up T-56 six speed and 3.73 rear gears. He recently had a test/tune session at a local chassis dyno and his baseline run was a hair under 540 hp at the rear wheels. After about an hour of dyno pulls and re-tunes he picked up an extra 40 horsepower....that's damn near 600 ponies! (I'm obviously rounding off, I don't have the dyno sheets with me)

He has about $45-50k in his car...not including the purchase price (he doesn't tally it up because his wife/my cousin would kill him). That thing is rediculous, on street tires he runs in the mid 11s in the high 120's/low 130 mph...I wanna bolt some slicks on and find out what it can do.

I will say it is nice to see people on here that have both my "addictions", cars and aquariums...I felt outta place for a while!

and thats at the wheels! most of us spec teh flywheel figures (its sounds better down the pub :D)

Nice wheels Jimboo :)
mate at work has one... he was a bit surprised when mine "won" nothing in it - i was on boost before his vtec kicked in it was so narrow its not worth argueing about... then he just mentioned that his was 200bhp out of the factory.. mine was chipped and allsorts - oh well... I've got mre hair left than him :)

A tuned up 6.5 litre turbo, and it only gets to 600BHP? Even if that is at the wheels, it still looks like a whole lot of engine is sitting there not doing a lot. Don't get me wrong, that's a lot of BHP, but for the size of the engine it isn't. That's less than 100bhp per litre.

That's my one problem with American cars, they seem to get all caught up on ci and never get down to tuning the things properly. 600BHP fly is not that difficult from a 2 litre turbo. 1000BHP is possible at the wheels for a 2.6 litre twin turbo. All those huge great V8s should be able to put out vast BHP figures...but never seem to.

Nice wheels Jimboo :)
mate at work has one... he was a bit surprised when mine "won" nothing in it - i was on boost before his vtec kicked in it was so narrow its not worth argueing about... then he just mentioned that his was 200bhp out of the factory.. mine was chipped and allsorts - oh well... I've got mre hair left than him :)

cheers mate
he stuffed it up then lol. if were talking standing start "off the lights" type of thing then he should have wipped you. if done correctly (ie no mad wheelspin, only possible on a hot dry day) you can floor it in 1st take it right to 8250rpm quick shift into second and your already at 6250rpm so the vtec is continious. if he was getting a kick in every gear he's either wimping out or not changing late enough. it makes a big difference when you get it right.

your right though not a lot in it.

Nice mini Speedingorange.

Here's one of mine. Hope the photo works :)
It's the only one I've got on this computer at the mo.

Attachments

• ketchup2.jpg
    ketchup2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 72
wow thats a cool mini :drool: , get your ass over to miniresource.com! :lol: thats where i hide when im not browsing here

whats the specs? is it a real s or a lookalike?

Nice mini Speedingorange.

Here's one of mine. Hope the photo works :)
It's the only one I've got on this computer at the mo.

Nice :)

What year is it? I'm guessing about 1968/9 with the external door hinges but no sliding windows.

I had a Mini Special in Gold and I still love em to this day :wub: , I may even buy another for a toy when I have a few quid spare :unsure:

Arfie

Most reactions

Back