Show Me Your Car!

I love the track but one with corners, not sure if thats what you guys are meaning? :)

Hoping to go with Lynz over to a european track, hope it happens! :)

Dave, over here in the U.S. it seems the 1/4-mile straight-line drag strip has a bit more popularity with local clubs. Strangely, whenever I fly over the U.S., I don't see many tracks with corners, i.e., road courses.

Europe, on the other hand is different. I've seen a number of incredible road courses and adjoining test tracks throughout the continent (from my view in the sky).

Bracket racing is fun to watch at a local drag strip, but I'm with you...watching a road course race is amazing, and there are a lot more variables to consider (acceleration, braking, corner entrance tuning, corner exit tuning, gearing swaps, etc.). Makes sense why our drag racing and NASCAR don't even come close to worldwide viewer support when compared to Formula 1 (or 2 or 3!).

Still, all of it is racing, and a true fan can appreciate each one. B)

And, while I still had that '69 Stringray convertible, this was my general runabout car (before I bought a P.O.S. Dodge 1/2-ton truck, but that is another story):

1975 FIAT X1/9
Cylinder heads shaved, CR approx 10.5:1
Holley water-alcohol injection
Recurved distributor
Advanced stock cam
Lightened, balanced flywheel
Rejetted WEBER 32DATRA carb
Balanced pistons w/ valve reliefs
Shift point: 8,200 rpm worked well, my neighbor accidentally hit 10,000 w/out breakage at 90,000 miles
Panasport alloys shod w/ Pirelli P7F 195/55VR13's (stuck like chewing gum to the road)
Re-worked stock MacP struts w/ upgraded oiling
Lowered car about 1.5 inches (top of roof just above my belt buckle)
Scratch-built rear wheel camber adjustment system
Semi-metallic pads (it had 4-wheel disc, didn't need it, 950kg car could outbrake near-anything)
65W lo / 130W hi Hella H4 headlamps, 55W unshielded driving lamps, 55W fogs
Sold it at 156,000 miles, still running okay.

I miss carburetors and induction howl. Today's U.S.-built V8 sports cars are just "exhaust noisy" compared to 20 years ago when they really made some great sounds at the track, but they are much faster. Time marches on.

v/r, N-A

Those were the days!! cars with character. I had the british version of this & loved it!! The triumph TR7

great pics everyone!! another thread i seem to have missed till now!
heres our pride & joy!
currently off the road waiting for a new exhaust + the dreaded MOT.

What kind of car is that???

What sort of question is that!!!!!!!

Have you not ever seen the film ot TV programme called the saint??

A piece of british muscle that car!!

Here are a couple of shots of my Seat Leon Cupra 1.8 Litre Turbo (180bhp)

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF0045.jpg
    DSCF0045.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 61
What sort of question is that!!!!!!!

Have you not ever seen the film ot TV programme called the saint??

A piece of british muscle that car!!

Nope, never even heard of it nor have i ever seen that car before.

I'm from the US, we don't have cars like that here.

mike nofx.........as someone who grew up in wa i know aussies love their holdens & big engine cars!!! the problem is here that petrol costs an arm & a leg ie: its now over 90p a LITRE which is nearly 3 aussie dollars per L which is why you have to be seriously well off here to drive a big engine car. our pride & joy is a monster ( our v12 jag) & we love it ( and we are not rich by any means) but watching the petrol click away on the fuel computer is scary sometimes its a few hundred metres to a gallon in london traffic ( no im not kidding)

the other prob here is the cost of insurance.........esp for young drivers it can be approx 3000+ aussie dollars a year for a piddly little 1L car for a young driver thats if anyone will insure them to start off with.

it is quite funny to see the young guns over here in their tarted up ford ka's ( & other similar teeny hatchbacks) thinking theyre cool!!!! i cant imagine any self respecting young aussie guy being seen dead in a teeny hatchback but then they dont have the same probs with the b****y cos of driving that we do over here.

mustang have you honestly never heard of a jaguar car?????????my husb goes on some sort of jag car forum now & again & over 90% of the people who are on it are form usa.

Those were the days!! cars with character. I had the british version of this & loved it!! The triumph TR7

The TR7 was a fine car. "The Shape of Things to Come" was British Leyland's marketing slogan for the TR7 here in the U.S., along w/ a little wedge shape as the logo. A high school classmate of mine had one. I think it had a more purposeful look and aggressive stance than my X1/9.

Both of our cars looked like doorstops on wheels. That's the way we liked it!

The TR8 was great, too, with that 3.5L aluminum V-8.

Yes, those cars had character, for sure!

v/r, N-A

mustang have you honestly never heard of a jaguar car?????????my husb goes on some sort of jag car forum now & again & over 90% of the people who are on it are form usa.

Oh i've heard of Jags. They have em here. I've just never seen that particular model of Jaguar before.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: DAVE,SQUID,MAX5 and others, OMGOSH! Im :drool: cause i cant drive yet, LOL! I WHANT I WHANT, LOL LOL, well since I cant drive yet, I will post a pic of my dads Impala (sp) LS I know its not the best car, and NO WERE NEAR as awsome as some of you guys's cars but.....

8487353b.jpg

d5168099.jpg

WHile we are on the subject on cars and while i was coincidentally posting this up on a automotive site, i'll post a pic of my new Satellite radio setup i installed tonight. I love this thing. I don't know if you guys in England have Sat radio but it blows FM radio away. It wires into the factory radio and give you CD quality sound and performance that never cuts out on 180 channels. :)

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=11130S5RAi&i=816712

Nice one Fishie Birds, the car looks cool and very clean! ;)

This is cool this thread is still going. Keep the cars coming. B)

LOL thanks, cause we had just bought it, LOL and this is SUCH A COOL THREAD! dont even ask how long it took me to read the 16 pages, whew... LOL

well this is y littel car well what it will look like if i dont get this one
Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0007.jpg

Photo-0009.jpg

alloys and body kit will be change to better ones over time

Some pics of my baby :D

Attachments

• av2.jpg
    av2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 72
  • k33_vi.jpg
    k33_vi.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 75
i just got a new car, audi a4 avant. its V. nice. big audi alloys low down suspension partially tinted windows and chromed, body is gun metal grey,
its a nice car :p
also i like the mini up ther :D

Most reactions

Back