Show Me Your Car!

Ooh, surprised no one's mentioned this one. I love corvette's. It's car's like this & others like it that define the word sports car & not just a vamped up family saloon/hatchback, hurrahh for flip up lights. I've liked these cars ever since I see a film as a kid where mark hamill (luke skywalker) is working in a school bodyshop & rebuilds one & it gets nicked & he travels the US trying to find it. Can't for the life of me remember what the film's called though.

Found it, it was called 'Corvette Summer'.
Isn't the internet wonderful!!! It even has it's own fansite

http://corvette.cabbagestew.com/index.html

corvette3.jpg

Imp, you have a really good memory! I remember that movie, and as young as I was, I thought the more stuff you put on a car, the better. If it ended up looking like a space cruiser, that was just great!

We thoroughly enjoyed that 1969 Stingray roadster while we had it, but nailing the throttle was kind of like flushing a toilet bowl full of gasoline into the engine. Fuel economy was not its high point. Still, getting there was all the fun...touching 60mph in first gear and hearing that wonderful inductin howl as the vaccuum secondaries on the Rochester Quadrajet carburetor opened up, spinning the tires when tromping into second gear and having to let off a bit to let the tires hook up again, then almost 100mph before grabbing third gear...and watching the gas gauge take a nosedive to the EMPTY mark!

Needless to say, we drove in more conservative fashion 99.9% of the time. Truly a fun time when we were without kids. I think I'm in the minority when I say I like the "Mako Shark"-bodied Corvettes with the thin chrome bumperettes (1968-1972) as opposed to the earlier Sting Ray (spelled as two words, I believe, from 1963-1967). I felt that the lines were a lot cleaner, and the "shark gills" on the 1968 and 1969 cars were a fine design touch, IMHO.

Still, as you said, those were golden years for big-engined sports cars around the world. Pop-up headlamps rock.

One of these days I'll get another one, maybe one with a spent motor so that I have an excuse to drop in a more modern FI engine so that it can be a daily driver and not bankrupt me at every fuel stop.

Just have to get one son and three daughters through university first.... :rolleyes:

v/r, N-A

this is mine...

car.jpg

its a Mazda Eunos Roadster

and a lovely one at that! :D

this is mine...

car.jpg

its a Mazda Eunos Roadster

and a lovely one at that! :D

When we bought the celica this is what I wanted to get, beut the missus insisted on a 4 seater.

I had my heart set on a BRG one with the tan leather interior. Once again though mazda have spoilt the look of this car in later years by taking away the pop-ups.....!!!!....grrrrr....

To the un-initiated the eunos is the import version of the MX-5, buy an import, much more car & toys for the money....

mine is indeed an import

im the 1st UK owner

its a 1996 1.8 S-SPEC II - lightened flywheel and torsen LSD & the higher compression 132PS engine

What I like most about the car is its colour - is it green is it blue - depends on the light! :lol:

new_car_2.jpg

:drool:

niiice

always admired the 200sx

good ol jap rwd cars... brilliant

This is my baby, my pride and Joy.......
tints-3.JPG

Done loads to it....and travel to all the shows in the summer........

just goes to prove, us girlies do love our cars as well!!

That's right. I'm super jealous of looking like I spend my money on the outside rather than the inside... ;)

I prefer having a car all the rude boys in saxos don't recognise as about the same pace as an M3 and watching the look on their face as I destroy them at the lights B)

(and my lights pop up :thumbs: )

Lol I am new to this forum, but your comments are cracking me up....how can someone who comes from the chav capital of the uk comment on modified cars???????

Yes I have a modified car....but by no means am I a chav...... I am an educated 36 year old, who enjoys cars as a hobby........

You need to get a life, and stop putting everyone one elses down!!!

That's right. I'm super jealous of looking like I spend my money on the outside rather than the inside... ;)

I prefer having a car all the rude boys in saxos don't recognise as about the same pace as an M3 and watching the look on their face as I destroy them at the lights B)

(and my lights pop up :thumbs: )

Lol I am new to this forum, but your comments are cracking me up....how can someone who comes from the chav capital of the uk comment on modified cars???????

Yes I have a modified car....but by no means am I a chav...... I am an educated 36 year old, who enjoys cars as a hobby........

You need to get a life, and stop putting everyone one elses down!!!
Because where you live is not necessarily where you come from.

There are two types of modified car, those like mine where the money is spent on the performance of the car to enhance the driving, or those like all the chavvy Saxos which have 3/4 of a ton of fibreglass bolted on to make it look like a pile of crap extra from the Fast and the Furious. Car designers spend millions deigning the car for asthetics and aerodynamics to compliment the engineering inside, and some spotty muppet with a spanner and a halfords card thinks he can do better.

Yet for some reason they STILL think that fibreglass and neons makes the car quicker and try and race me from the lights.

I have to see chavved up cars most of my time living here, and to a one they all drive like they wish they were Nigel Mansell; cutting people up and making it a risk for safe drivers to be on the road. That is why I am not a fan of chavved up cars with shopping trolley handles for spoilers on the back (which don't work below somewhere in the region of 120 mph anyway...). Not to mention all those with the tints on the front side wondows and the front windscreen making their cars illegal (and bloody dangerous at night).

Final point, this is a PUBLIC forum, meaning anything you put up is open for comment, both good and bad. Why should I not put across my views because they differ to yours?

Ok, Im in the Uk but we own two American Cars (Maybe 3 soon) and a shopping trolley....lol

So this is my everyday car (shopping trolley). Its a Skoda Octavia vRS 1.8 Turbo petrol 180bhp car
33190.jpg

(Well its something like this one....and thats not me...lol)

Then we get to my little runabout/project.......

Its a Pontiac Fiero GT....... And used to have a girly 2.8 V6 engine in it..... My husband has spent many hours(read as nearly a year) bolting in a 5.7L Chevy V8 which has 400bhp and 450lbft of torque :hey:
Here's a pic of the car....and the engine.....
img37.jpg

And the engine
taking%20the%20engine%20outc%20001.jpg

this is my husbands car
picture%20(jpg)-000.jpg

Freedom of speech ....exactly, but that doesnt mean u have the right to call someone a chav just cos of their car being modified....mine is modified both internally and externally........but that doesnt make me a chav.....

Freedom of speech ....exactly, but that doesnt mean u have the right to call someone a chav just cos of their car being modified....mine is modified both internally and externally........but that doesnt make me a chav.....

I don't recall saying that you are a chav, I said that cars with excessive external mods look chavvy.

*Edit - Freedom of speech means EXACTLY that. Just cos you don't like, or agree with what I say, doesn't mean I can't say it.

Donna, I am loving that new block for the Pontiac. I saw a 'vette 'ray for sale on ebay where rather than go bigger engine he had the cam box redesigned to take the engine up to around 6.2 litre but changed to fuel injection. Made it quicker AND more economical. Also a fan of the Octavia RS, proper wolf in sheeps clothing that...

Most reactions

Back