Show Me Your Car!

yeah they did pica, i know it hurt me like hell, was just getting up for work at about 5am and noticed smoke billowing from it. Apparently according to police and the fire brigade it looked like they probably tried to pinch it and it had been attempted at being moved but then realised how heavy the bike was and also that they would get nowhere with it so they poured petrol over the cover that was over it and they lit it.

Thats shocking. :-( It looked a really nice bike, you get some jealous b's in this world. :no:

Well this is my car. It's a 2001 Acura Integra which I love

acura.jpg

I've been enjoying reading this thread! :nod: Great idea, it's interesting to see what people drive in other parts of the world. I found some google images of my 1988 Oldsmobile Royale Brougham. Mine's not quite as nice as this example but she's still a nice ride. :)

Attachments

• 218.jpg
    218.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 220.jpg
    220.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 102
I should of kept up with this forum, but I hate asain cars. American cars are better built, plus there domestic. How can you justify living in the United States, and then buying a foriegn car? My dad works for the one of the big 3, so does most of my family. Have you watched the news? There cutting jobs all over the place, the economy where I live looks to worsen because you have to buy a foregin car, which basically cost the same as an american car. How can you compare a skyline to a mustang? So buy your jap car, IMO your a traitor to this country. IMO there is no way you can justify it.

Wow. Okay, it does hurt immensely to be stuck in an economy supported by a stagnating industry (big 3 U.S. automakers), I can 100% agree with that. I will tell you though, U.S. carmakers let us consumers down, not the other way around.

Kind of long-winded post for my $.02 (my 2 cents adjusted for inflation). My apologies, so I cut the heck out of it. I think everybody has already heard multiple horror stories regarding reliability problems plaguing some models of American cars these days, and my experiences would fill a small novel.

Pic posted on next reply.

v/r, N-A

as we all seem to love asian cars here's my bit of exciting news. the BMW is going asap to be replaced by my new company car.

i haven't ordered it yet, only a matter of days though

pic attached, honda civic type-R.

it'll keep up with just about anything and faster than most. i'm so excited...

the thing revs to 8200RPM with only a 2ltr engine. i may need a neck brace soon. he he

Attachments

• honda_civictyper_800_600_9.jpg
    honda_civictyper_800_600_9.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 107
AAAgh, not the torque less Type-R with a turbo-like lag that reaches all the way to 5000RPM...

I must admit I'm not a fan of them. They are a tidy car and quick enough, but they apparantly annoy the hell out of you on the motorway, and revving to 8,000 soon gets tedious listening to the whine. Not to mention you have to rev to 5,000 revs before the engine decides to start pushing some real power out.

On a side note, I did love the look of shock when I spanked one away from the lights in my old Rover turbo :)

suits me fine, i get the best of both worlds when your in maniac mode changing at the redline drops the revs to about 5K for the next gear, perfect for the power. when your skint and saving petrol you can plod along like it's a fiesta.

and on motorways you stick it in 6th gear!!!

i must admit the touque was pretty lame though. still it's free (company car) i make that a saving of £305 a month compared to my bmw which i bough on HP.

it is definatly faster than my 328 BMW and that has a power boost valve. the civics 212BHP i think and it's made of cardboard..

what model did you thrash the old shape was only 180 odd brake i think, the 05 spec has a lighter flywheel and bigger engine. not to mention all the recaro and momo goodies that come with it.

have i mentioned that i have no no claims bonus and cant ensure anything. i wanted an evo but cant touch it with out 3yrs NCB. this is the stepping stone in between to get some NCB (i've always been on my dads policy as i bought the BM when i was 21, direct line just laughed at me when i originally tried to insure it LOL)

I had a 1994 Rover coupe turbo. 200BHP and 0-60 in around 6.2. Though the fact it could do E36 M3s off the line makes me wonder whether the previous owner did anything to the engine (that and it could hack right round the speedo to 150 with room for spare).

Best insurance I've ever found is Elephant. Dropped me from 2 grand TPFT to £700 fully comp. Little hint - make sure you put a female as a named driver: almost always drops the insurance.

Once we decided to have kids I had to sell it off, but it sure was a fun ride during summers in the Texas hill country north of San Antonio.

Still, I'll stick w/ reliable Japanese-designed cars. If fuel were priced in the U.S. for what it is truly worth (i.e., it should be way more than $2.05 per gallon), the U.S. auto industry would take a huge hit.

BTW, two of the three Honda's in my previous pic were built over here.

v/r, N-A

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 75
Here's mine - had it 12 months now, and love it. 2.3L Mazda 3 SP23 (Well that's the aussie name for it anyway).

(Click image for a larger photo)

New here, and seemed to somehow find this section as one of the first to post in.

91 Pulsar GTi with 2litre primera under the hood.

Lucid.jpg

Lucid1.jpg

Most reactions

Back