Show Me Your Car!

Ive just always heard it called 70% by tinters because it lets 70% of light through, then theres 35% and Limo Black. :)

Ive just always heard it called 70% by tinters because it lets 70% of light through, then theres 35% and Limo Black. :)

i think theres all these silly laws for limos lol

my dad told me im aloud to make a spec list for my mini so they can put it on the data base so in july then can find the exact car for me :D

I just realized a lot of people are from the UK...so my everyday ordinary American cars (to me) may not be so common across the pond.

My 2003 Ford Mustang GT and my 1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0

The GT is my daily driver and the LX 5.0 is the "toy". Both are a blast to drive

Stang2.jpg

Stang7.jpg

Stang10.jpg

St1.jpg

Engine.jpg

Above picture was when i had the stock 302 V8 in it. Now it's a modified 331 with plans for a supercharger in the spring :) No pics though as the car is all apart at the moment :(

Suppose it depends on the car. We both have MR2's, we can put 70% on the front windows and be perfectly legal. Anything over that we will get asked to remove it. You probably knew that. ;)
Wrong way round.

Check out this leaflet from the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency. tinted windows legislation. This states a window must ALLOW 70% of light through the side windows and 75% through the front windscreen. Therefore if your tints are 31% or above (36% on cars first used before 1 April 1985) then you are breaking the law and can be told to remove them.

*Edit: IceMaiden, if you really don't care who thinks your car looks chavvy, why the hell did you bash me for what I said about other cars looking chavvy?

Exactly my case my front windows are less than 30 percent so I dont have a problem......

What wound me up about you is the fact you were slating peoples cars and sectioning them....no one has the right to do that.....each to their own....thats the way this world works....
Personally from the pics that others have shown me of you on here, u are a class one Essex boy.....but I wouldnt slate you for it...cos its your right!!!

Back to the cars.....some of these American cars that are being posted are wicked......just a shame that over here, its just not economical to run some of these big engined cars.....bloomin petrol prices........

Last November I very nearly bought a lancer evolution FQ400, but decided against it due to running costs....still tempted though everytime I drive past the dealership...who knows one day I might just walk in there and do it!!

Suppose it depends on the car. We both have MR2's, we can put 70% on the front windows and be perfectly legal. Anything over that we will get asked to remove it. You probably knew that. ;)
Wrong way round.

Check out this leaflet from the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency. tinted windows legislation. This states a window must ALLOW 70% of light through the side windows and 75% through the front windscreen. Therefore if your tints are 31% or above (36% on cars first used before 1 April 1985) then you are breaking the law and can be told to remove them.

*Edit: IceMaiden, if you really don't care who thinks your car looks chavvy, why the hell did you bash me for what I said about other cars looking chavvy?

Exactly my case my front windows are less than 30 percent so I dont have a problem......

What wound me up about you is the fact you were slating peoples cars and sectioning them....no one has the right to do that.....each to their own....thats the way this world works....
Personally from the pics that others have shown me of you on here, u are a class one Essex boy.....but I wouldnt slate you for it...cos its your right!!!

lady! chill! honest to goodness, the person andy has DIRECTLY called "chavvy" was one of his FRIENDS. it was a JOKE. and, if you haven't noticed, the issue had been dead since November and Page 5 until you started yelling at andy in January on Page 10. why the hell would you start an argument with a stranger over something they said 2 months ago? especially about something they said to their friend as a joke? was anyone specifically insulted besides paul? NO. has andy directly insulted you? NO. hell, we've not even seen your car yet! how could andy insult it or you?

look, you may be exercising your right to free speech, but you're also exercising your right to appear overly defensive and irrational. no one HERE ever said anything about your car being "chavvy" nor has anyone here called you a "chav". the only person who has given you that appellation is you.

let me summarize the issue as presented thus far: andy doesn't like body kits. andy doesn't like them because they tend to appear on cars that aren't actually very fast and they tend to be bought by people who don't have a fantastic grip on aerodynamics. andy thinks that these people are very annoying. you think that body kits are perfectly fine and think that andy should stuff it. andy thinks that he did stuff it about a month ago but that doesn't mean he's going to change his opinion, especially on illegal mods. you think he has an overly narrow perception of legality. andy thinks, "wait, why are we arguing over this?" you then say he's "a world class Essex boy" (? not familiar with that one) but that's ok if he's a doody-head (my interpretation), it's his right. and then i have a small aneurysm.

can we call it a day on this? we've all seen some sweet-*** body kits and we've all seen that picture of the minivan with the massive spoiler. thus we all know that each side of the great chav debate has a decent point. since we also all know that there's no accounting for taste, andy can keep his "spotty muppets" (good term) and you can keep your hobby. does that sound remotely like a deal?

can we call it a day on this? we've all seen some sweet-*** body kits and we've all seen that picture of the minivan with the massive spoiler. thus we all know that each side of the great chav debate has a decent point. since we also all know that there's no accounting for taste, andy can keep his "spotty muppets" (good term) and you can keep your hobby. does that sound remotely like a deal?

:clap: As always Pica.. good posting

I find it sooo interesting to see the cars from across the pond. They look so different from the ones we typically see over here in North America :)
Anyhoo... I don't actually have a pic of my Honda CR-V... but here's the closest I could find (except mine's green and has the awsome running boards too :D )

HondaCR-v.jpg

I'm not a fan of American cars, but the Mustang is an exception. It's probably the nicest looking yank tank I've seen, though as has been said, with petrol at 89p/litre over here (near $5 per US gallon), they aren't really ideal to run if you do any mileage.

One of my neigbours imports them and the big "redneck" ford pickup trucks and they are cheap, after import duties he is selling the mustangs for less than your average family sized car like the Mondeo, Vectra etc

Boozy: good job you have the running boards ... you'd never get in it otherwise :p ;)

Arfie

Must admit when I was in the states I saw very few American cars that did it for me, so many of the designs seem to be a bit dated.

However, the new 'stang does look an absolutely gorgeous car and I keep seeing one around Southend. Sounds lovely.

But for me there is only one American car. The 'Vette Stingray. A truly gorgeous car with an amazing sound. If only I could find an oil field to run it...

On the subject of petrol, you should see my Uncle's project car: a 1937 Rolls Royce Phantom III Limousine.

Below is an image of a similar car (remember all the cars had their coachworks done by different firms back then, so the body probably differs somewhat)

picture.jpg

The performance is... interesting, to say the least. it features two V6 mated together to form a 6.75 litre V12 producing an almighty 120 BHP at 4,000 revs. This will give you (on a very good run) 8, maybe 9 MPG. Luckily it has an 80 Imp gallon fuel tank (even Jags only usually have 80 litres...).

What a beast, and his should be ready just in time for my wedding if all goes well.

Hi, here are a couple of pictures of my car. It is a Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin Attivo 2. A big name for a not so big car! It is automatic and has permanent 4 wheel drive. It isn't an off-roader. It's very useful having 4wd when you live in the country. The paintwork is very tough, 3 years old and has no dings which you usually collect from car parks. (From other people opening their doors against your car, when you're not there). :)

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

One of my neigbours imports them and the big "redneck" ford pickup trucks and they are cheap, after import duties he is selling the mustangs for less than your average family sized car like the Mondeo, Vectra etc

How much is it to import a vehicle to the UK??

WHat changes would need to be made?

suppose i'll put mine up. my car was my first beloved hobby. now i fear that it's going to suffer because of my developing obsession with my fish.

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

i've got tons more pics... soon after i got my car, i also developed an interest in photography...

thanks man. yep, loads of work and loads of money. but well worth it when you get to hop in everyday and drive around with a smile on your face.

Most reactions

Back