Pearls Of The Antilles... Llj's Planted Marine

Yay for Steelhealr!

Still looking forward to this. Even though i know nothing about sw!

Ianho is itching to jump over to the salty side (he's already posting :lol: )

if i had the money Bae! I much prefer plants though. :good:

You much prefer plants but you've yet to try corals :lol: ( nah just kidding)

Lol I do like SW but the money involved is way to much for me lol. I think the missus will end up with a nano SW at some point but I won't be venturing into it, love plants and there's a few fresh water fish that I want that I think will keep me in fresh for a long long time. Looking forward to pics tho, I had a SW cold tank with anemones and crabs and shrimp but it was free from rock pooling.

Lol I do like SW but the money involved is way to much for me lol. I think the missus will end up with a nano SW at some point but I won't be venturing into it, love plants and there's a few fresh water fish that I want that I think will keep me in fresh for a long long time. Looking forward to pics tho, I had a SW cold tank with anemones and crabs and shrimp but it was free from rock pooling.

Well, I like plants and I like SW, so I thought I'd merge the two very early in my journal. It's also a growing trend in Marine reefing. I'm excited about it.

But what is funny is you'll never be able to say may tank is perfect and has No algae :rofl:

(just kidding but true lol)

But what is funny is you'll never be able to say may tank is perfect and has No algae :rofl:

(just kidding but true lol)

I can say "my tank is beautiful and only has llj-approved algae." :lol:

I think that adds an interesting twist to the standard phrase.

And I can still totally say that. My freshwater's still going strong, you know. It's not going anywhere. :lol:

I just play both sides now...

Ahh but will you approve coraline etc lol :lol:

Hi if I remember you are doing a planted marine tank and I found this video looks pretty cool B-) :cool:
I think I might start saving up to get a bigger tank and having some plants in it now. :)

thanks for posting that, it's the first time I've seen anything like that.

Good luck with that unless you get a urchin and train it

( just imagine it :rofl:)

Well, I received another great package from Monochrome5 today in the mail...

Tubing for drip acclimation

b194ecde.jpg

Chemical for dosing

c4761fbb.jpg

And a very large powerhead for airing out the SW for waterchanges.

4b3f05c1.jpg

I'm in the process of cleaning the house as I'm renting a room this year to a graduate student in the school of music. I found these. My cat, Buckwheat, had to take insulin after a severe urinary tract infection played around with his kidneys. He's fine now, but I have leftover syringes.

95ac1eb2.jpg

You may ask what I can use these for. They are great for Target feeding corals and also killing aptasia anemonies with Lemon juice or Joe's juice.

They are great for Target feeding corals and also killing aptasia anemonies with Lemon juice or Joe's juice.

I found that hydrochloric acid works well, dose in small quantities though! Nothing beats a soldering iron however.

Most reactions

Back