Juwel Rio A New Begining

so are there any suetable for my tank that looks similar too Glossostigma elatinoides (unless this will live wich i doubt :sad: )

Gloss isn't as bad as you think but in favourable conditions it will carpet properly and fill out like it should, in poor conditions for example low light it will start growing out and upwards.

I have never used CO2 with gloss, only use Liquid Carbon (EL and Excel) along with TPN+. I haven't really ever had a problem with it, apart from once it starts to carpet and if you don't maintain it has grown over itself on me and started the vicious circle of cutting light out on the lower leaves etc.

I recently just threw an entire carpets worth out last week though, if only you had posted your interest in the plant earlier. I have a tiny piece left which I found in my main tank hiding behind my log so it's growing out in my nano for now.

typical lol

hmm may go with it then

thursday they arrived (missed them wednesday)

heres a picture bare in mind it needs to grow alot

and they had no carpet plants so gotta get those yet

PICT1219.jpg

and two shrimp chilling but looks like a two jeaded mutant

PICT1224.jpg

bae

just added 14 green neons as i added some mature media in

and some carpeting plants

im gonna go with small neons instead of cardinals

just popped into my head would the quantity of green neons be the same as cardinals

so

??????????? green neons
15 peppered cory's
2 whiptails
14 otos
10 dwarf neon rainbows
cherry shrimp
5 sparkling gouramis
5 khuli loaches

how disapointing :lol: all this time finally get plants and no views :sad:

:rofl:

now ime sure ive seen this before on here but im starting to doubt myself and thinking there just dieing, is it normal for crypts to melt and crumble :crazy:

should mention im pretty sure these were grown out of water

any helps appreciated bae

Crypts are notorious for melting!

I only have one crypt planted in my planted tank now because it explodes in growth having leaves reach around 50cm and then as soon as I do a large water change it completely melts down.

Various factors can cause it to melt for me I have found dosing EasyCarbo/Excel in an irregular pattern, I.e. none at all to a small dose, small doses to large doses or even large doses then stopping dosages I find it melts. Also I have found it melts for me under high nitrates and or whenever I change over 40% they melt.

If I work my butt off to keep everything "stable" small changes and keeping dosages perfect they won't melt for me.

Edit: Forgot to add, if it's recently been planted it will die back normally until it adjusts to the new water parameters.

ah cool thanks

Looks awesome well done. Keep us updated with more pics. I love the setup. Will look great when the plants grow.

Show us some pics with the stocked fish!!! :D

added 6 assassin snails yesterday and two crystal bee shrimp

and just added 6 khuli loaches and 3 amano shrimp

the khuli loaches are awsome

the amano shrimp are crazy compared to cherry shrimp they move much more

VALLI GROWTH!

ive never had success with vallis but these have doubled in height in places :hooray:

full tank shot

PICT1245-1.jpg

khuli loach chilling
PICT1246.jpg

blured khuli loach get away
PICT1247.jpg

ive not seen my two crystal shrimps since the second day but well see

and atleast 6 cherry shrimp are full of eggs

atb bae

thanks

hopefully it will look better once it grows

Hi Bae,
I'm now over this side too!!!!

Just read your journal, very good :cool: your tank is looking good and has spurred me on, I am really looking forward to learning and setting up tank, I shall be emptying my Marine tomorrow with Seffie, I shall be needing lots of help, but really like the idea of a species tank, lots to think about, glad you'll be around to help :fun:

Most reactions

Back