87L & 24L Planted Soil Tank Journal

Blondielovesfish said:
Ooh, that's pretty good!

How many did you get?

Just the two but thinking about getting a third for the middle as the tank is a little darker there but that's fine as I can just get the smaller model for the middle since it's only to give a little more light
smile.png

Bargain!

Agree that it is a little dark in the middle, but I think it looks fine as it is :)

Blondielovesfish said:
Bargain!

Agree that it is a little dark in the middle, but I think it looks fine as it is
smile.png

Thanks :) I quite like the darker patch in the middle but the plants there seem to lean which means I have no plants in the middle most of the time XD

Paradise, your tanks look great!! Just read through this thread :)

I had a rubberlip in my smaller tank, and I had problems getting him to eat sometimes too. Then I read somewhere that though they are omnivores, they lean much more to the meat side of things I guess. Try some carnivore pellets for him maybe? I'm sure the hikari sinking pellets might work too. They also need a really good amount of flow...

I'm sure he'll be fine, from my experience I think they're just tempermental. Did you move him before he started not eating, that could be it too. 

Again, your tanks look great, I love the hardscape and choice of plants as well :)

greenmumma141 said:
Paradise, your tanks look great!! Just read through this thread
smile.png

I had a rubberlip in my smaller tank, and I had problems getting him to eat sometimes too. Then I read somewhere that though they are omnivores, they lean much more to the meat side of things I guess. Try some carnivore pellets for him maybe? I'm sure the hikari sinking pellets might work too. They also need a really good amount of flow...

I'm sure he'll be fine, from my experience I think they're just tempermental. Did you move him before he started not eating, that could be it too. 

Again, your tanks look great, I love the hardscape and choice of plants as well
smile.png

Thanks! :D
I haven't moved him but obviously I did re-scape the tank so I did unsettle him. I've found he likes banana but it fowls my water very quickly and I have to leave it in over night because otherwise he doesn't eat it :/

He doesn't touch the Hikari Sinking Wafer's either but I think my partner has some Carnivore pellets I can try him on?

Yeah, I would try the carnivore pellets, that might do the trick. It was probably the rescape. Like i said, mine was extremely moody. And he would go through phazes where he didn't eat for quite some time if he was upset, so I'm sure yours will be okay until he settles back in. Do you have a space just for him to hide???

He has plenty of places to hide lol, two of them I know where they are(behind the filter and just behind one part of wood) and then other places I still haven't found out where XD

However!!! I have been seeing him out a lot more(this morning too!) so I have been keeping an eye on him and I think he's eating the Sinking Wafers because he has a full belly :D

He's been a lot more active lately :) I think the banana broke his fast hehe!

Phew!!! Yeah, he was probably just grumpy. That's nothing, my pictus will pace the tank for days if I even nudge his house lol

greenmumma141 said:
Phew!!! Yeah, he was probably just grumpy. That's nothing, my pictus will pace the tank for days if I even nudge his house lol

Haha, nothing has been moved but unfortunately I think he's going to go into another strop soon as in two weeks the tank will be moved while we move house :/

I'll just keep an eye on him though and hope he starts eating again ASAP after the move.

Just thought I'd add this and I've kept this quiet but guess what! :D Ori is a Marble boy!!
1380338_10202670201225400_1858415234_n.jpg

Well, my 87l has been moved to the new house successfully and painfully! 24l will go next Saturday(16th) :)

Yay! I do love marbles :wub:

Great news that the 87L was moved successfully! Lets hope the 24L will be the same!

All moved in now :)
Both tanks moved successfully along with us :p

Most reactions

Back