87L & 24L Planted Soil Tank Journal

Looking really really good. I see no algae, that is a good thing. Can't wait for it to grow in more!

Yeah, I've not had algae..... Yet :lol:

I know!! Waiting for it to grow is killing me! 

I know! Lol. Dimensions are 15x10x10in(38x25x25cm) :lol:

Late update time!!! :D

Full tank shot last night - And you get to see my lights lol. Oh and I have random small clippings of Cabomba and Ludwigia scattered around the tank(planted) that are too small to do anything with so I'm "Growing them on" before I decide whether or not to keep or sell lol.
DSCF4104_zps27898129.jpg

Some plant close-ups ;)
DSCF4108_zpsea94227e.jpg

DSCF4106_zpsf6093e8e.jpg

DSCF4105_zps5a495f28.jpg

DSCF4109_zps136d1a36.jpg

DSCF4107_zpsf2ce6970.jpg

DSCF4110_zps013e1f2a.jpg

DSCF4111_zps764e4e14.jpg

DSCF4113_zps79808e1f.jpg

DSCF4112_zps7fb9b016.jpg

DSCF4114_zpsa60a21c4.jpg

DSCF4115_zpsca3ac5cc.jpg

And the BBG tank :)
DSCF4119_zpsfa88b210.jpg

Very blurry picture - Spot the BBG :D
DSCF4125_zpsee2342b8.jpg

The little savage himself :lol:
DSCF4126_zpseb5ce388.jpg

DSCF4120_zpse44afd23.jpg

Very nice!!!

Just curious, is the BBG's tank brackish? (Sorry if you have already mentioned this)

Nope :) It's freshwater. Always has been in freshwater since I got him nearly 18 months a go :)

Really? I remember reading somewhere that BBG's will have a much shorter lifespan if kept in freshwater apposed to brackish? I may be wrong though...

I am glad to see the tanks are doing well Paradise. I see a lot of nice green growth in there :)

BLF: I'm not sure but I've had him nearly 18 months and he's still healthy and strong. Becomes a monster around food though :lol:

Snazy: Thanks :) Yeah, they are doing good. I'm glad I found out about this soil method lol. 

I'm away for the weekend(as usual) so no more picture updates for now :(

Oops! A slight addition to the tank after tonight! So this one makes the stock list;
2x Nannacara anomala
6-8x Corydoras panda
6-8x Brevibora dorsiocellata
1x Chaetostoma formosae
&...............
1x Gorgeous Male HMPK Betta splendens!
HMPK4_zpsd2fffa81.jpg

(This picture is the sellers picture, he'll be here next Thursday)

I know! Was so happy to win him. For some reason I want to call him Spock but I'll see what he's like and name him when I have him :lol:

His price tag was a shot to my bank account though at £25 
whistling.gif

Paradise3 said:
I know! Was so happy to win him. For some reason I want to call him Spock but I'll see what he's like and name him when I have him
laugh.png

whistling.gif

:lol:
Well worth the price!
Was he off AquaBid?

Blondielovesfish said:

I know! Was so happy to win him. For some reason I want to call him Spock but I'll see what he's like and name him when I have him
laugh.png

whistling.gif

laugh.png

Well worth the price!
Was he off AquaBid?

Technically yes but I didn't buy him on AB. The Transhipper I use get's any that people request/buy from AB and then she get's loads of extra's in that she sells off herself when they arrive. He was one of the extra's :) And yes, definitely well worth the price!

Most reactions

Back