What are you doing today?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Re our shared drain with the slippage -
The water company have kept their word to keep an eye on the drain for more blockages. We passed the drain man at the corner of the road as we went out on Monday afternoon, and I was woken up at 7.45 this morning by the noise of their vehicle outside the bedroom window.

We're looking forward to our neighbours getting home from their holiday so it can be sorted properly.

I just got back from an auditorium. A good friend of mine recently passed away. Even though it's hard for us, it's better for him this way. Moments like this makes me always think of my own mortality. Knowing that I'm dealing with severe health issues for so long myself. What always gets to me is that I'm already dealing wiht cancer and other illnesses for so long and that friends or even relatives get to hear that they're terminal ill much later than when I got to hear it about myself, that they have left us way sooner than me.
It's a moment to take life and loved ones not for granted...

Today I'm giving thanks to the 'weather gods'. Close to a solid 24 hours of a light but steady rain going on. It should give some relief to the firefighters battling a large fire in the area that has currently taken over 72,000 acres.

Also just looked at the latest on the fire and found that it was endangering the local water plant but the plant was successfully protected.

Received flu shot today. Discussed Covid jab with Dr. I am still undecided but will need to decide soon.
I did get a covid jab; but i never bother with the flu shots. Mostly because i'm paranoid about the long term effects some folks get from covid; i know direclty or indirectly about 5 people who have had long term impact from covid.
-
flu - i never get sick why bother.

@anewbie - if you never get sick, you must be keeping yourself at the correct pH. But if you don't get sick, how can you get sick and tired?

Sorry - it fit so neatly.

I got both jabs today. My oldest daughter is a long haul covid person who got it before there was a vaccine. I have a tendency to catch flus, although never since I started getting the shot. Now I'm not working in a building with 1500 kids, so retirement makes me safer. But I still have asthma, so it's worth it. Plus we have a 90 year old family member living here now, and that calls for protective measures. What I can shake off she might not be able to.

I pruned a bunch of evergreens to create a path through them, then went to a meeting to plan the relaunch of our local, face to face aquarium club. Both were productive, and both need time to see how they worked. We called a club meeting and we'll see who comes.

@anewbie - if you never get sick, you must be keeping yourself at the correct pH. But if you don't get sick, how can you get sick and tired?
Gary, these are excellent questions; BUT where are the answers? I ask my teachers many questions over the years but they never gave me the answers either :(

Most reactions

Back