What are you doing today?

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hmmm, So my rope will qualify in the November contest... Have to make a November sign that shows November and catch him when I can. ;) Actually I wouldn't do that as, if I could catch a photo it would be within the contest time. I may be a bit competitive but I don't cheat. ;)

LOL! I DO think he would be tough to beat though... ;)

View attachment 351984
You are allowed to use a older picture of the fish as long as its not too old. ie you can't enter a baby fish picture and have an adult fish as the verification photo. It should be fairly recent, doesn't have to be taken that month exactly. If you take one this month or next month and enter it in December, you will be fine. You are allowed two photos. One main entry photo, one verification photo. Verification photo needs to be taken that month.

Last edited:
today I took puppy for shots since she had recovered from yesterday's dietary indiscretion; delivered clown loaches, bought yoyo loaches (species unknown of course) and a couple of chinese algae eaters to quarantine. My big yoyo is beside himself. he enjoyed the company of the clown loaches and I knew he would be frantic if i didn't get him some kind of loach-y company

Today, the fishroom windows are closed, and the dehumidifier is on. No more this year will the breezes from the sea drift across the fishtanks...

The hatches are battened down, and the dehumidifier has already raised the temperature to 23.5c.

On a positive note, the Pristella fry have doubled in size, and are now eating baby brine shrimp. They all have little round orange bellies. And my Sturisoma, royal farlowella male is guarding very well developed eggs. They were stuck to the glass in a hard to see spot, and I only saw them when they were well along. I expect hatching tomorrow, from the look of them. That would be a good fish to have a group of. They're beautiful, and expensive enough that I could never have a group without breeding them.

Sadly, where they're hidden, I can't get pictures.

Most reactions

Back