What are you doing today?

I put off laundry & water changing again :eek: & weeding my tanks. We still need to sign up for Social Security very soon. I'd much rather read than almost anything or otherwise waste time

Losing my mind, somewhat.

Brother is in the hospital, had been on antibiotics for a week for a diabetic foot ulcer. Didn't heal, finally agreed to go back to GP centre today, now at the hospital and they're apparently talking at least a partial amputation. He's not even 50 yet, and already facing losing a foot to diabetes.

I'm reeling, how it went from 0-100 in no time at all. But then, he left his diabetes uncontrolled for so long, I don't know how long he's had this sore for either, and all I know is what he's telling me via text. Part of me really wants to go down there and find out, but it wouldn't help... :(

Today i did a most horrible thing - something you should avoid at all cost - putting in a piece of zucchini - rather very large piece - most dangerous thing you can do; i'll leave it to the viewer to identify everyone:

oops.jpg

I found a vet for my dog's bladder infection yesterday and tomorrow she has surgery for either a stone or a tumor in her bladder. She's fasting tonight. I'm glad I got off work long enough to take her in. Still haven't treated the bees for mites but I did get some housework done today. it's good to be home

Today, I visit my daughters, which means I get to visit a quality aquarium store on my way into their city. My local stores aren't very good - okay, they are pretty bad - and I'm old school. I'll only order online if it's hard to get and the seller is very reputable. I want to see the fish I buy, to give them a look over for parasites and diseases. The store I'll drop into (only 4 hours away) is one I've checked out half a dozen times without seeing any unquarantined sick fish in a very large set up.
They have an African barb in stock that I've wanted to try for years.

Fish shopping is a waiting game for me. I wait til I go to Halifax, Nova Scotia. In October, I'll go to Montreal and visit some sellers of uncommon species, as well as some basic stores. I'll speak at 2 aquarium clubs, in Vermont and Montreal, and I'm sure there will be interesting locally bred fish in the auctions.

Between such expeditions, I don't buy fish. So today, I'm looking forward to a family visit, and new additions to my fishroom.

I didn't sell my hex tank. While Cici is in surgery today I have to move fish out of my 55 to make room for the older fish from my customer's 100 gallon tank, and i was debating on putting my clown pleco in the hex. I think he is going in the 29 instead so I can keep an eye on him, and the shrimp can go there too. All my hex has in it right now, 38 gallons, are a giant anubias and 10 of my ugliest guppies. The tank because it is vertical has low oxygen. Dojos need more oxygen than it provides I now. What is interesting and fairly large that can go on an undergravel filter and a slightly low oxygen tank? (distracting myself from dog surgery)

I didn't sell my hex tank. While Cici is in surgery today I have to move fish out of my 55 to make room for the older fish from my customer's 100 gallon tank, and i was debating on putting my clown pleco in the hex. I think he is going in the 29 instead so I can keep an eye on him, and the shrimp can go there too. All my hex has in it right now, 38 gallons, are a giant anubias and 10 of my ugliest guppies. The tank because it is vertical has low oxygen. Dojos need more oxygen than it provides I now. What is interesting and fairly large that can go on an undergravel filter and a slightly low oxygen tank? (distracting myself from dog surgery)
Personally i'd fill the hex 1/2 ways plant some nice species that will grow emersed out of the tank; and add a few small critters for the bottom layer. Of course i don't own a hex, i'm not you and well it is easy to say what i would do even if i would never actually do it.

Yes the black and white striped fish is a Mesonauta mirificus (I have 7 around 3 years old).
Here is a picture of a couple of them showing the full fish - they can be moody but today they are just chilling. The dark fish near the top is a young piece of chocolate; the angel on the right is at the other end of the tank so approx 9 feet from the m. mirifcus; and the tank you see past the angelfish is a 29 where my winkie can be found (2nd picture):

f.jpg

female a. sp winkelfleck with babies !!!!!!
qyz.jpg

Most reactions

Back