What are you doing today?

Today I am off to the prison to see a client. It is pouring down with rain, plasterers are in my house doing hall stairs and landing and before I leave for prison I am keeping my 2 dogs in the kitchen who want to go and see the plasterers.
Nightmare
Dogs are helpful with things like that. :lol:

Well. Today is cleaning day. The house gets a cleaning weekly. But, we don't do that stuff anymore. We have a couple that are friends and house cleaning is their business. So, they come once a week and clean our place. If you think this is something that we could do, you'd be right. But, at our age, we have better things to do and this job would take us a couple of hours and tire us out. So, we don't go out to eat and the money we save by not dining out, we're able to pay to have out house cleaned once a week. Never cared much for going out to eat. My wife fixes meals that are so much better health wise than those you get at the local restaurants. So, we're healthier and don't have to work as hard. Pretty smart!

10 Tanks (Now more)

Today we decided to get out of the house, going stir crazy.Raining here in Wales dull, dark and right miserable weather.
We went shopping and also called in at Pets at Home to have a look see what's on offer.
Bought a couple of plant for our tank.
Never bought plants dry packed before always wet.
Is this a new thing or have I led a sheltered life?

Attachments

• 20231013_144054.jpg
    20231013_144054.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231013_144036.jpg
    20231013_144036.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 12
I think it's fairly new. I've bought Tropica plants from a couple of on-line shops which have come packed like that - in an air tight supermarket sandwich style box.

Today we decided to get out of the house, going stir crazy.Raining here in Wales dull, dark and right miserable weather.
It's raining here in normally dry Wyoming, too. Oregon called; they want their weather back.

I'm singing with kids today! Pretty fun. After school, I plan on going for a walk with the ladies, then getting in some work on the new tank setup.

Must say the plants look ok,
Haven't been to Pets at home for years until today.
Our nearest stockist is about a mile away he runs his business from his house but had to close his shop
another victim of covid.
Next is two Maidenhead aquatics both about 7miles away.
Wales is well known for rain its our national sport next to rugby and sheep.
Oh almost forgot Whistling Badger...male voice choirs-may be right up your street

Last edited:
Raining here too. I'm finishing my break at work and thankfully done with immunizing for today. It's the 2nd shift Tech's turn.
Also hoping the coffee I'm drinking kicks on as I'm here till 4, have to get cat food, groceries and then go home and try to do WC on a 120, 125, and the 120 acrylic. I should also do HOB filter changes on the 120 and 125.

Hoping to cram that in tonight so I can study Sat/Sun. Being optimistic as the WC on the big tanks take hours...

Must say the plants look ok,
Haven't been to Pets at home for years until today.
Our nearest stockist is about a mile away he runs his business from his house but had to close his shop
another victim of covid.
Next is two Maidenhead aquatics both about 7miles away.
Wales is well known for rain its our national sport next to rugby and sheep.
Oh almost forgot Whistling Badger...male voice choirs-may be right up your street
The prison I went to today was in Wales, Wrexham and it was lashing it down

You're all too far south. It rained here all night and early morning but by 10.30 it was just drizzle and the sun came out this afternoon :)

It's raining here in normally dry Wyoming, too. Oregon called; they want their weather back.

I'm singing with kids today! Pretty fun. After school, I plan on going for a walk with the ladies, then getting in some work on the new tank setup.
Hello Badger. Hey, are we neighbors or what? We're not getting much rain, just a drizzle here and there. Also, we're "Cat Herders" and "Fish Wranglers" just to the south of you in northern Colorado. Now is Wyoming "The Cowboy State"? Or, is it the "Equality State"?

10 Tanks (Now more)

Yesterday we said goodbye to my home. I can’t wait until we have the opportunity to go back again. I cried leaving… I miss it there so muchView attachment 328810View attachment 328811View attachment 328812View attachment 328813View attachment 328814View attachment 328815View attachment 328816
It looks AMAZING there!!! Beautiful photos! I'm so glad you were able to go there with your husband! I know how much New Zealand means to you...

I definitely would love to travel there if I'm ever able to... Looks like an incredible place!

It’s amazing! And now we’re in fiji 😍
It looks AMAZING there!!! Beautiful photos! I'm so glad you were able to go there with your husband! I know how much New Zealand means to you...

I definitely would love to travel there if I'm ever able to... Looks like an incredible place!
7128E585-83C9-418C-8FC2-0E2009C28A02.jpeg

It’s amazing! And now we’re in fiji 😍

View attachment 328821
I have lived in like 5 different states and have found that all have their own special beauty. I now live in Wyoming which many thing lacks in beauty but I have no complaint with having this as my 'back yard'. ;)

mountains-panorama-canon-stitcher-3_001.jpg

mountains-panorama-canon-stitcher-1.jpg

A-big-rock-small.jpg

Most reactions

Back