What are you doing today?

I am working on transferring my 3 gallon into the enpty 20L. Some issues with needing more substrate and my recycling filter idea not working so I went out a bought the Topfin Pro 30 for the tank.

Was moving the red footed floaters out and noticed they are flowering!
1000000929.jpg

Hope they do as well in the new tank. I have one lotus left in the 3g, and a bunch to collect in the 6g where the momma plant is. Debating on moving momma to the 20L. The 6g has contrasoil, where the 20L has 20lbs of eco complete and 10 of just natural petite pea sized gravel. I did dose with thrive and some Seachem Advance, which prompted root growth and smells like slightly fermented apple cider vinegar.

Also have some yellow shrimp and possible two api-api Bettas (for sure I have at least 1). Also hopping they will do well as the water is RODI which they seem to prefer. I added some old/established wood and rocks from my other tanks and will be adding the old gravel from the 3g-though it's a very small amount it at least has some established biofilm for the shrimp. Also the matrix that was in their filter will go into the new one and though the tank doesn't have much on stocking I hope whatever bacteria I have prospers, lol.

Today I decided to do something weird... singing with my brine shrimp:

I usually like to eat fried tilapia fillets. They are expensive here (despite being farmed domestically), but I like it. I tried fish known here as "cação" (and nobody knows if this is a shark or cartilaginous fish) and I didn't like it.
Don’t give up your day job. :lol:

Well, it made me smile, so he accomplished something good. :)

I went out to the juniper hills today, wandered around and practiced shooting my bow at random stuff. (Elk season opens next weekend!) Pine cones make a really satisfying "WHACK" when you hit them with a hex blunt. 💕

Now I'm mixing down some music while I wait for the Badger Girls to get home from a trip to the big city. I'm about ready to drop a tune I've been working on since last spring. Thinking elk sirloin tips with tequila-lime sauce over egg noodles tonight. I feel like celebrating.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand.
Today, once again, I gave my betta more artemias (Is there a plural of "artemia" in the English language?). Tomorrow I should give a tiny BSFL to him.
Also, I saw this cool guy (Caracara plancus):
1693088252340.jpeg

These birds are opportunist creatures, eating carrion (including roadkill), insects, eggs, and anything else. They became adapted to urban life and rural areas since they also eat insects that appear after tractors pass on dirt. My camera has a good zoom, the caracara probably was at about 200 meters from me.
This one was walking on my undergraduate campus (date format: dd/mm/yyyy):
1693088527765.png

I got my academic work approved and I should present it in an event this October.
A few days ago, during my fitness moments, I took a picture from a Honda City hatchback. This caused me some confusion... the Honda City was supposed to be the sedan version of the Honda Fit, but now there's the Honda City hatchback. It seems like a cool car, but these cars here are extremely expensive.

Attachments

• 1693088538479.png
    1693088538479.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
I am waiting for my son to arrive to help me change the doors round - fridge freezers are always hinged on the wrong side for our kitchen layout. Then cook a roast chicken dinner.

Having some coffee before tackling the other 20L. This one has the ninja wood cats and an assortment of small tetras that used to be in my 6g. The ninjas are going into the 120 and the small tetras in the 125 because the cichlids in the 120 will mistake them as snacks, lol.
Then the tank will be cleaned and transformed into a saltwater tank, meaning I will also have to break down the 10g salty tank which probably won't happen today. I have work tomorrow so don't want to be breaking down tanks all day., Lol

Woke up my brain this morning. I was going to cut a slit in my new area rug to run wires under to my coffee table.

I am sometimes so happy that I don't rush at things. Don't know why it took so long to remember about these things. :dunno:

Wire covers will work fine and I won't need to cut the new area rug to run wires under. I got brown for the main carpet and black for the area rug. There will be zero loose wires. :)

wire cover.jpg

So our new fridge freezer was delivered shortly before 8 am. Our son came over and reversed the doors, finishing at 11 am. The manual says to wait 4 hours before plugging it in. At 3.30 pm, 4 1/2 hours after the doors were done, we plugged it in. It's now 7 pm.

After 3 1/2 hours -
The fridge light turns on.
The fan in the freezer compartment blows air.
The plate at the back of the fridge is at room temperature and the thermometer says 22 deg C.
The fan in the freezer is blowing room temperature air and the thermometer in there says 22 deg C.
The fins at the back if the appliance are room temperature, they should be warm.
The compressor is not working :shout:

It gets a bit complicated.
Our son's washing machine stopped working a few months ago. The company he bought the replacement from has a scheme where you pay a small amount of money and get free delivery and free removal of the old appliance for a year. Knowing he also needed a cooker hob (the thing you use to heat saucepans on, not sure what it's called in the US) he paid for this service. Under this extra, he can buy an appliance and have it delivered to a different address - so he bought the fridge freezer and had it delivered here. So now I need to phone him and ask him to contact the seller and see if we can get a replacement. Under the consumer rights legislation, they haven't got a leg to stand on as the appliance is not fit for purpose. Though they'll probably insist the manufacturer repairs it, which usually takes a few weeks before they even look at it.
We've already spent 3 days with a separate freezer completely stuffed with frozen food, and an insulated cool bag, inside another insulated cool bag with several frozen blocks trying to keep things from the fridge from going off.

Not happy :mad:

Most reactions

Back