What are you doing today?

It had everything! Performances, booths, food (giant turkey legs seemed to be the most popular)

I’m looking at getting set up with a booth next year, if accepted this winter I will work on more whimsical art for that audience.
I actually never had a turkey leg at a fair. To be honest I'm just not that fond of turkey dark meat.

I always did like the candles though. They make them by making a candle then heating until the wax is still stable yet softened. They then use sharp blades to peal the softened wax which is what causes the curls. They aren't cheap but are pretty. They can also be used as burning candles without ruining. The trick is to light the thing and let burn until there is a melted pocket on the top that will hold a tea candle. Insert the teal candle tin and replace as needed.

Setting up an art booth sounds like a good thing for you. How are you at things such as unicorns, dragons and Pegasus? I would think that these would be good subject matter for such a fair. Also you may want to consider jacking up your prices 10-15%. Most people that go to such fairs expect to pat top dollar for such items. A 10-15% increase would probably be low as the the average for such a venue.

Princess Peach in Mario was probably a bad example. The Astrid model was there but not as the 'adult' Peach. It was when she was telling Mario how she was found and became the princess. Astrid was the 'teen' Peach' going through the obstacle course when Mario had to prove himself. It just caught my eye. Actually I can understand this just due to the financial aspect. Why make a whole new model when the Astrid model fit the profile well as a teen Peach and it was a 'bit role'? However, in general, I think that new models should be made unique to the movie. The main girl in 'Frozen' is definitely Astrid as is the main character in 'Tangled -- AKA Rapunzel'.
To add to my last on this...

BTW, from what I've read all the graphics in the movie Avatar were done with software called Blender. Blender is actually free but I'm sure not the same as what was used for Avatar. The free version is still pretty awesome, and to be honest, beyond me. Still it is interesting to look at. I'm not sure but the professional version MAY even be sold under a different name.

To add to my last on this...

BTW, from what I've read all the graphics in the movie Avatar were done with software called Blender. Blender is actually free but I'm sure not the same as what was used for Avatar. The free version is still pretty awesome, and to be honest, beyond me. Still it is interesting to look at. I'm not sure but the professional version MAY even be sold under a different name.
I've seen things made on blender, its truly amazing!

I actually never had a turkey leg at a fair. To be honest I'm just not that fond of turkey dark meat.

I always did like the candles though. They make them by making a candle then heating until the wax is still stable yet softened. They then use sharp blades to peal the softened wax which is what causes the curls. They aren't cheap but are pretty. They can also be used as burning candles without ruining. The trick is to light the thing and let burn until there is a melted pocket on the top that will hold a tea candle. Insert the teal candle tin and replace as needed.

Setting up an art booth sounds like a good thing for you. How are you at things such as unicorns, dragons and Pegasus? I would think that these would be good subject matter for such a fair. Also you may want to consider jacking up your prices 10-15%. Most people that go to such fairs expect to pat top dollar for such items. A 10-15% increase would probably be low as the the average for such a venue.
I used to draw a lot of horses and Pegasus/unicorn paintings. I haven’t so much in recent years but easily could. Dragons I struggle with but have done successfully in the past. I actually connected with another artist while I was there, who was running a booth and was more than willing to answer all of my questions and get me set up with the right people to get in on it for next year

I used to draw a lot of horses and Pegasus/unicorn paintings. I haven’t so much in recent years but easily could. Dragons I struggle with but have done successfully in the past. I actually connected with another artist while I was there, who was running a booth and was more than willing to answer all of my questions and get me set up with the right people to get in on it for next year
You have done dragons before?? If you have ANY photos of dragon art you've done, I'd love to see it!! Lol

Driving up for a 4-day backpacking adventure. Summeting piute Pass and going into Golden Trout Wilderness. I did this hike last year, but couldn’t get past piute pass because of altitude sickness. Now I have medication. 11,500 feet elevation kicks you where it hurts.

I've seen things made on blender, its truly amazing!
Ya it REALLY is but sadly beyond me.

This evening I'm watching the movie Rudy which is great but not really accurate. That is another thing that bothers me with movies. They make the claim that the movie is based on truth then take a LOT of liberties. For instance, in Rudy, the scene where all the defensive players tossed their jerseys on the coach's desk wanting Rudy to 'dress' in their place never happened. In fact it was the coaches' decision to put Rudy in the game without all the crowd chanting. Also, at the end of the movie Rudy had a solo tackle for a sack. Close but didn't happen quite that way. Rudy was involved in a sack but it wasn't a solo sack but one involved with another player.

Now go back in history to the Movie Sergeant York with Gary Grant as Sergeant York.
While some of it seems like it was embellished it is actually accurate as Alvin York and his family demanded historic accuracy before they would sign releases to enable the movie to be made. Old black and white movie and the link doesn't have the best quality but well worth viewing a pretty true example of a true American hero. What the heck, the movie came out in 1941... Very seldom does a soldier get the medal of honor while still alive.

You have done dragons before?? If you have ANY photos of dragon art you've done, I'd love to see it!! Lol
I don’t have photos! I lost most of my older drawing photos when my old phone carked it :(

Sigh, this is why I always preach doing data backups. :(
I wanted to but at the time even though I was an adult I had no freedom or control over any of my accounts or phone. I backup everything now, usually twice. I have everything backed up on iCloud and also on google photos

Ya it REALLY is but sadly beyond me.

This evening I'm watching the movie Rudy which is great but not really accurate. That is another thing that bothers me with movies. They make the claim that the movie is based on truth then take a LOT of liberties. For instance, in Rudy, the scene where all the defensive players tossed their jerseys on the coach's desk wanting Rudy to 'dress' in their place never happened. In fact it was the coaches' decision to put Rudy in the game without all the crowd chanting. Also, at the end of the movie Rudy had a solo tackle for a sack. Close but didn't happen quite that way. Rudy was involved in a sack but it wasn't a solo sack but one involved with another player.

Now go back in history to the Movie Sergeant York with Gary Grant as Sergeant York.
While some of it seems like it was embellished it is actually accurate as Alvin York and his family demanded historic accuracy before they would sign releases to enable the movie to be made. Old black and white movie and the link doesn't have the best quality but well worth viewing a pretty true example of a true American hero. What the heck, the movie came out in 1941... Very seldom does a soldier get the medal of honor while still alive.
Sergeant York was a pretty good movie and really accurate from what I remember! I enjoyed it when I saw it!

Look at those eyes 😍
D0FD1CF5-2DE7-4289-8965-3E725734C7B6.jpeg

Unfortunately I am working and wishing I was home doing anything else. Be here till 8 pm 💩

Dress shopping with one of my bridesmaids today

Most reactions

Back