What are you doing today?

Just being my normal 'kid self' today. Just got done watching the Super Mario Bros Movie. I have a bit of a thing for animated movies. ;)
I watched it! It was pretty good imo!...

I watched it! It was pretty good imo!...
One thing I find sort of funny with animated movies is that if they find a model that is popular they won't let go. Look at Astrid in How to Train Your Dragon as an example. She was very popular in that movie. Now look at Frozen and the princess in Superior Mario; they are the exact same animation models. There are more examples on how the Astrid animation model was reused but I'm drawn blanks on movie names.

Also there is nothing much that is actually new and original any more. Take the movie Avatar which I love and, with the special effects, I consider animated. It LOOKS new and original but it isn't. It is actually a remake of an old animation called Fern Gully. There were actually law suites over that. Of course there are exceptions such as Strange Magic but even that was built around an old song.

One thing I find sort of funny with animated movies is that if they find a model that is popular they won't let go. Look at Astrid in How to Train Your Dragon as an example. She was very popular in that movie. Now look at Frozen and the princess in Superior Mario; they are the exact same animation models. There are more examples on how the Astrid animation model was reused but I'm drawn blanks on movie names.
That's interesting... I do see the resemblances, but I couldn't tell tbh if no one told me... It doesn't bother me much lol. I mean they may have used another model, sure, but it looks like princess peach from the game and they did change her model drastically if they did use Astrid's model.
Also there is nothing much that is actually new and original any more.
That's so true... I feel like nowadays there isn't anything original, it's just a lot of recycling of material (in a bad way).
Take the movie Avatar which I love and, with the special effects, I consider animated. It LOOKS new and original but it isn't. It is actually a remake of an old animation called Fern Gully. There were actually law suites over that. Of course there are exceptions such as Strange Magic but even that was built around an old song.
Now this does bug me... Like get some new CGI art and SFX. Dont be cheap about it and reuse that stuff over and over... People complain a lot about the Marvel movies as well as movies like The Flash, where you can tell there is CGI... Now obviously a lot of stuff in those movies are fake and people know that, but when you can see the obvious use of CGI, then its kinda a bit unenjoyable... And the reason behind it, isn't the artist's fault, its the people in charge of making the movie. They want to make lots of movies in a short period of time... The artists are some of the best in the world, but they can only do so much with the time provided, and the people making the movies want quantity instead of quality. So we get cruddy visual effects a lot of times.

But then we have movies like Spider-Verse, where sure, it took a lot of time but DAAAANG it was AMAZING quality!

That's interesting... I do see the resemblances, but I couldn't tell tbh if no one told me... It doesn't bother me much lol. I mean they may have used another model, sure, but it looks like princess peach from the game and they did change her model drastically if they did use Astrid's model.

That's so true... I feel like nowadays there isn't anything original, it's just a lot of recycling of material (in a bad way).

Now this does bug me... Like get some new CGI art and SFX. Dont be cheap about it and reuse that stuff over and over... People complain a lot about the Marvel movies as well as movies like The Flash, where you can tell there is CGI... Now obviously a lot of stuff in those movies are fake and people know that, but when you can see the obvious use of CGI, then its kinda a bit unenjoyable... And the reason behind it, isn't the artist's fault, its the people in charge of making the movie. They want to make lots of movies in a short period of time... The artists are some of the best in the world, but they can only do so much with the time provided, and the people making the movies want quantity instead of quality. So we get cruddy visual effects a lot of times.

But then we have movies like Spider-Verse, where sure, it took a lot of time but DAAAANG it was AMAZING quality!
I haven't seen Spider-Verse but will keep an eye out.

Odd little bit of trivia is that the first Stat Trek movie was not supposed to be what it ended up being. The original special effects company totally botched it and they had to hire another to do the job. Problem was that they felt that they had to hold a release date due to the prior introduction of Star Wars. The end result was that the movie was pretty much entirely just the special effects footage as they didn't have the time to really put it together. Another interesting thing about Star Trek movies is that Leonard Nimoy, Spock, almost was not included. The problem was that he was suing the associated network for using his name and images without his permission and not even paying proper royalties. Fortunately this was resolved or the Star Trek franchise would have probably died. One other Star Trek thing... OK, two. One is that the original 2 part trial was turned down by pretty much every one. but Desilu Productions decided to take a chance. Desilu was Desi Arnez and Lucial Ball; think of the old I Love Lucy show. The other was that the pi;ot was not taken with rave reviews by those in power. The producers saw two issues those being a woman in #2 command and the alien Spock. They would do the show but only if one or the other was removed., Gene Rodenberry is quoted as saying that he kept the alien and married #2 as he couldn't do the other way around. I could give a lot more interesting things about Star Trek but I've probably bored everyone enough. I like Star Wars but LOVE Star Trek.

I haven't seen Spider-Verse but will keep an eye out.
Its an animated Spiderman movie series they call "Spider-Verse" for short. So far there are two movies, but they are making a third... I put off watching the first one for SO SO long cause I thought I wouldn't like an animated Spiderman... It just didn't seem interesting at all, and I felt like it was just a remake of Spider-Man for kids, but boy was I wrong... It quickly became one of my favorite movie series.
They are having an issue though with animators and artists quitting due to the big strike though... The fan base is BEGGING the creators of the movie series not to make a cheap decision where they rush an animation progress or get bad animators and artists to fill in for the ones quitting. The fan base is literally saying: "While we would REALLY want the movie out at the set release date of march 2024, we also want a quality movie and we will wait if more time is needed for quality".
So the part 3 movie has an unknown release date at this time, which sucks lol...
The animation styles used and all the artistry is insane for the 2nd movie. There was even a 14 y/o who got hired by the movie team after they saw his work and he animated the "lego-dimension". It was really cool!.
The character named "Hobie" was a COMPLETELY different animation style from all the other characters in the movie, in fact, all the "Spider-people" had different and unique animation styles. Hobie though, was set on a different frame rate to make him stand out even more. It took the artists and animators TWO YEARS just to make HOBIE. It paid off, he wound up being one of the most loved characters in the movie besides Miles and Gwen.
Odd little bit of trivia is that the first Stat Trek movie was not supposed to be what it ended up being. The original special effects company totally botched it and they had to hire another to do the job. Problem was that they felt that they had to hold a release date due to the prior introduction of Star Wars. The end result was that the movie was pretty much entirely just the special effects footage as they didn't have the time to really put it together. Another interesting thing about Star Trek movies is that Leonard Nimoy, Spock, almost was not included. The problem was that he was suing the associated network for using his name and images without his permission and not even paying proper royalties. Fortunately this was resolved or the Star Trek franchise would have probably died. One other Star Trek thing... OK, two. One is that the original 2 part trial was turned down by pretty much every one. but Desilu Productions decided to take a chance. Desilu was Desi Arnez and Lucial Ball; think of the old I Love Lucy show. The other was that the pi;ot was not taken with rave reviews by those in power. The producers saw two issues those being a woman in #2 command and the alien Spock. They would do the show but only if one or the other was removed., Gene Rodenberry is quoted as saying that he kept the alien and married #2 as he couldn't do the other way around. I could give a lot more interesting things about Star Trek but I've probably bored everyone enough. I like Star Wars but LOVE Star Trek.
That's super interesting!! I never knew that... Probably because I'm not into Star Trek that much lol... But I love all that history on it!!

Yesterday my fiancé and I went to the renaissance festival. The knight who was jousting even threw me his rose 🤭

Well, daniel caught it and gave it to me 🥰
E3265C01-24FB-4454-93D3-AE15D93279ED.jpeg

Yesterday my fiancé and I went to the renaissance festival. The knight who was jousting even threw me his rose 🤭

View attachment 324364
I think Mr knight guy liked you 😏😂😂

No but seriously, that's such an awesome and special moment! Glad you got to enjoy that with Daniel there

@JuiceBox52 Was that one of those SCA things where you dress up and role play ?
Yes, but we didn’t do any of the role playing, just went to watch the shows, the jousting and vaulting shows were really cool. The vendors and shops we’re interesting and I possibly have a shot at a vendor space for next years 3 weeks of fair. This year was the biggest year yet, with over 60,000 people coming

Yes, but we didn’t do any of the role playing, just went to watch the shows, the jousting and vaulting shows were really cool. The vendors and shops we’re interesting and I possibly have a shot at a vendor space for next years 3 weeks of fair. This year was the biggest year yet, with over 60,000 people coming
That’s something I’ve secretly wanted to do forever . In my old age I could do the toothless beggar to perfection. They have more than enough Lords and Ladies and Knights in shining armor. “Alms for the poor Milord ?”

That’s something I’ve secretly wanted to do forever . In my old age I could do the toothless beggar to perfection. They have more than enough Lords and Ladies and Knights in shining armor. “Alms for the poor Milord ?”
There were so many people dressed up in all sorts of costumes. It was a really fun experience, I would encourage you to go to one sometime!

I didn’t get any good photos of my outfit, but here is the top half lol.
0F8B90C9-317A-4766-A1FE-F8BC91E67391.jpeg
B62C17EE-54F9-46BF-8A20-86D98DE7CEBD.jpeg

View attachment 324364
I haven't been to a renaissance fair in years, since I lived in Texas. Never heard about one in Florida and I don't think Wyoming knows what they are. I always loved the mead and little shops. I REALLY liked the sculpted candles! If any don't know mead it is a honey cordial. Many call it honey wine but it is not a technically true wine. From what I understand by old school standards to be a wine it must be made from grapes. Anything else is a cordial. Not sure if that is actual fact but is what I've read.

Did the fain you visited have all the food and item booths or was it just performances?

I haven't been to a renaissance fair in years, since I lived in Texas. Never heard about one in Florida and I don't think Wyoming knows what they are. I always loved the mead and little shops. I REALLY liked the sculpted candles! If any don't know mead it is a honey cordial. Many call it honey wine but it is not a technically true wine. From what I understand by old school standards to be a wine it must be made from grapes. Anything else is a cordial. Not sure if that is actual fact but is what I've read.

Did the fain you visited have all the food and item booths or was it just performances?
It had everything! Performances, booths, food (giant turkey legs seemed to be the most popular)

I’m looking at getting set up with a booth next year, if accepted this winter I will work on more whimsical art for that audience.

Princess Peach in Mario was probably a bad example. The Astrid model was there but not as the 'adult' Peach. It was when she was telling Mario how she was found and became the princess. Astrid was the 'teen' Peach' going through the obstacle course when Mario had to prove himself. It just caught my eye. Actually I can understand this just due to the financial aspect. Why make a whole new model when the Astrid model fit the profile well as a teen Peach and it was a 'bit role'? However, in general, I think that new models should be made unique to the movie. The main girl in 'Frozen' is definitely Astrid as is the main character in 'Tangled -- AKA Rapunzel'.

Most reactions

Back