What are you doing today?

Waiting for me to go to bed so I can wake up to solve a craving. I desperately need eggs, breakfast sausage, American cheese, onion, English muffins and bell peppers. Arggg! I NEED a proper breakfast sandwich!!!!! Sigh, make that two proper breakfast sandwiches.

Left over eggs and muffins will probably go toward eggs another favorite. A proper Benedict requires poached eggs. Many are afraid of poached as they tend to fall apart if you don't know how to do. There are two tricks.
1) Vinegar is needed in the poaching water as it helps to keep the egg whites intact.
2) You need to 'whip' the water to make a sort of whirl pool before adding the egg. This causes the egg to twirl when added helping to keep the whites wrapped around the yolk.

Poached eggs are somewhat intimating but actually easy once you learn the process. I have an egg cooker that will do hard boiled, soft boiled and poached and it is actually great for soft boiled but I'll do my poached in a pan of swirled water and vinegar.

Hmmm, that leaves me left over raw eggs. May need to also get some bacon and pasta shells to hard boil the left over eggs to make an egg, bacon, onion, shredded carrot, Miracle Whip, bell pepper and black olive pasta salad. Trust me in that I CAN cook and my pasta salad is to die for. ;)
Here is a tip I heard for poached eggs. Place a little vinegar in frying pan. Crack egg on top of the vinegar. Pour boiling water gently into pan. Cover for 5 minutes.

Sneak peak of my new website....
1680729628823.png

It was 94 monday, in the 80s yesterday, made it to 70 today just barely and I almost had to get in a pond to clean a pump... Got the cactus bed weeded and discovered my deceased agave left me pups. (pups too short to see, but the yucca pups are big enough and the red yucca is about to bloom)

Attachments

• 20230405_175101.jpg
    20230405_175101.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 15
Feeling dumb and guilty. ;)

Dumb because it is Wednesday, not Thursday. Was all set to go grocery shopping especially for eggs and stuff for breakfast sandwiches. DUH! Thursday is grocery day as the store runs a senior discount. Since I retired half the time I don't know what day it is. :dunno:

Guilty because it is a fasting day for my fish and they know when it is time for food and are sitting all together starring at me want to know where the food is. :(

I give them away as retirement gifts....the recipients all love them. Clock gets lots of laughs and compliments.

I sent it to "somewhere in space"
Cool, I'll watch for it in my travels. ;) Do you have a tracking number so I can watch for it and be in the proper somewhere in space? ;)

Why am I getting the feeling that you are just about a weird as I? Don't take that wrong as I appreciate weirdness as much as my own insanity. And, yes, I DO consider myself insane. A lot of years ago I decided to come up with a one line to define sanity and here is what I came up with; "What ever is considered the norm within any given society". With what is going on with today's societies I make an active attempt to not part of the norm. Therefore I must be insane. ;)

If you have trouble remembering what day it is, get yourself a day clock (available on Amazon).
61OfGlBTT0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Does it come as a wrist watch? I could cheat at my doctor visit when he performs a mental status exam. Invariably he asks me what day it is.

Most reactions

Back