Um Is This The New Permanant Layout ?

this is horrible..main board is cold and unfreindly looking
sad.gif
im all for change.. but good ones are the best kind

One thing I think is really irritating is the lack of distinction between the pinned and normal topics- it just looks like one massive long page.

I sent a mod a PM about this, and hopefully it will be changed.
Hope that helps I've put a divider in. We won't be able to be so quick with other points raised, but please keep the feedback coming it is all good.

where has the colour gone?

Seffie - just highlight your text and click the paintbrush next to "sizes"

Or just type
Code:
[color=red]text goes here[/color]
for text goes here - note there is no "u" in color for the code.

Like the divider - much better!

I don't like it very much at all!

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but today i was just browsing new posts as usual, and with some quotes (strangely not all quotes) sometimes they would be in the same text as the rest of the writing/reply and wouldn't have the usual box around it. I dont know if what im writing is rubbish, but is that meant to happen? Or is it just my computer? I think it's mostly with the old posts and quotes (before the upgrade), but anyway, it just makes life a bit harder when you are trying to figure out which bit is the quote and which bit isn't.
for example:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/310097-would-my-tank-be-overstocked-if/
look at this one. earlier on there are quotes (old format like post no. 7) and on the second page there is another (new format like post 21) which is in a box. Is there any way to fix this, or is it stuck unless we edit every post? Or maybe it's just my old computer.

One thing I think is really irritating is the lack of distinction between the pinned and normal topics- it just looks like one massive long page.

Hope that helps I've put a divider in. We won't be able to be so quick with other points raised, but please keep the feedback coming it is all good.

Looks much better now!

At some point can we have the link back for the aquarium calculator please? Unless I'm being dim and just can't see it...

I;m not against change and know that eventually you get used to new things
First thoughts about the new layout are not positive for me
I always new posts to check out whats new but its hard to read on the new layoutin the sense its not clear

but we shall see how it turns out

cheers for thehard work mods!!

the one thing i have noticed, when i used to click a link in a thread, it used to open in a new tab, now it overrides my current tab, leaving me looking for the page i was on by repeatedly pressing the back button!

and the quotes, when i was quoting, it would come up with stuff like <><>++==//~~#### - leaving me confused! (new quotes not old quotes)

Thanks William!

Looks much better!

-FHM

One thing I have noticed and really don't like is this.

After clicking on View New Content, any thread I click on automatically opens at the last post, which means one has to scroll back up, possibly to the first post. This only appears to happen when clicking on a thread title. If I click on a thread page number, it doesn't occur.

I don't maybe it is just because I am new and haven't used the "old" fourm that much, but I really don't see any major difference. I can still find everything, it is was easy to find the personal message section, fourms, new content etc, to be completely honest, I have actually found things under the new set-up that I never did find in the the old set up. Other then the pure asethetics of the page I don't see much difference.

sad.gif

just my thoughts

i afree its a bit cold, but the mods are going to change all that very soon, so i am hanging in the wings for now!

(oh, and does this mean quote issues have been ironed out?^^^^)

sad.gif

just my thoughts

i afree its a bit cold, but the mods are going to change all that very soon, so i am hanging in the wings for now!

(oh, and does this mean quote issues have been ironed out?^^^^)

the quotes on old topics are like they are because it was HTML, the new board is BB code

something like that, explained better earlier by someone else lol.

Most reactions

Back